Author Topic: Chtonite race: terror unit ideas needed  (Read 14003 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Chtonite race: terror unit ideas needed
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 02:09:17 am »
I have the Reptoid, MiB, Gazer, and Waspite mods as well as your Gauss Mod (Gauss Cannon Ufopedia causes a crash, but it always did that) and some other non-alien related mods. I've never seen this high strangeness with the corpses before.

I've spoken to Dioxine about this and he told me it's probably a game problem, since it tends to mix up some elements from different mods. If it's true, then the best solution to avoid such weird behaviour would be to combine all races mods into one mod, or at least change file numbers for the relevant races. I'll try doing that.

As for the Gauss Cannon Ufopedia crashing... this shouldn't happen since 1.0.1. :o Make sure you have the latest version 1.1 - it's attached to the opening post in the Gauss thread.

Offline NeXaXeN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:37 am »
OK, that numbering thing makes sense. As for a combined alien modpack, I don't see that as a bad thing AT ALL. Megamod material anyone? *wink wink*

Yeeeeah... Stupidity on my part not scoring the Gauss Cannon upgrade--I only mentioned it in case that might've done some cross-mod something or other. EDIT I'll update it to be sure I updated it and the Ufopedia shows up just fine(!), but I think that numbering thing you pointed out is probably what's going on with the aliens. My bad again there going mod crazy but, I wants meh some nuu alienz! XD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:57:43 am by NeXaXeN »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 03:15:33 am »
Hey, I'm doing the same thing. ;)

You know what, I guess I'll put all my new races into one mod. Some people will whine that they want one of them but not the others, but we can't please everyone, can we.

But before this happens, I want to make some more aliens.

(Oh, and I'm actually using a race compilation mod... But it features Robin's races too, so I'll have to remove them first.)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »
Weird. I checked the file and it looks okay.

I guess it must be some sort of a conflict between mods... Which is mighty strange, since there should be no conflict between mods, ever - each uses its own system. Have you perhaps tried merging this mod with other mods or something?
If there are separate mods with sprite IDs higher than 1000, they will conflict with one another. Merging mods can be even more dangerous, as you now have to ensure the IDs of all the combined mods don't overlap and still don't exceed 1000.
The only other conflict possible is multiple mods using the same string IDs, though that is fairly more unlikely.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 04:39:15 am »
If there are separate mods with sprite IDs higher than 1000, they will conflict with one another. Merging mods can be even more dangerous, as you now have to ensure the IDs of all the combined mods don't overlap and still don't exceed 1000.
The only other conflict possible is multiple mods using the same string IDs, though that is fairly more unlikely.

Thanks, but they don't have such high IDs. The numbers in question are 303 and 304.

And there aren't any duplicate lines (I hope), after all both mods are mine.

EDIT:

I am completing a larger compilation of alien races, which will feature Reptoids. Therefore this mod will be discontinued from now on.
From now on, for Reptoids and more, check my Recycled Alien Collection mod!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:43:11 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 01:28:14 am »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 01:56:59 am »