Author Topic: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.5 | Cover 2.3.2 | Gazer 1.9.1 | Anthropod 1.5.2  (Read 157508 times)

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.4a_WIP | Cover 2.3a | Gazer 1.7 | Anthropod 1.5
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2015, 07:38:40 pm »
I'm waiting for upgraded MIB to latest nightly using custom mission sites.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2015, 09:17:24 pm »
I'm waiting for upgraded MIB to latest nightly using custom mission sites.
I won't do anything about it until 2.0 "TFTD" milestone.

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2015, 07:27:11 am »
Occasionally when doing a MIB Terror Mission through the battle generator(PC version this time, not Android) it crashes because the map/ufo/something is too tall.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2015, 11:13:04 am »
I personally think MiBs SHOULD retaliate. :)
The problem is that if they do, they're given the alien weaponset instead of their own weaponset, since there is only one alienDeployments for retaliation.

Occasionally when doing a MIB Terror Mission through the battle generator(PC version this time, not Android) it crashes because the map/ufo/something is too tall.
Idk, it's a strange error, as mib terror mission now uses default urban terrain, in theory; maybe latest nightly missions changes made it outdated again. But you're never saying which OXC version you're using, nor if you're using other mods: at least if you report some issue this kind of info should be given.
Anyway, I already pulled the mod form mod site; right now it exists only in this topic as an unsupported WIP project, on which I won't work until I have a fixed target (aka, 2.0 milestone). So if you're playing a campaign I discourage you using the mod.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:15:09 am by robin »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »
Idk, it's a strange error, as mib terror mission now uses default urban terrain, in theory; maybe latest nightly missions changes made it outdated again. But you're never saying which OXC version you're using, nor if you're using other mods: at least if you report some issue this kind of info should be given.

I've checked the MiB Terror alienDeployment and the problem doesn't seem to be there. I'd be more inclined to it being a bug with the battle generator since SupSuper has made changes and he has been fixing bugs since then.

Anyway, I already pulled the mod form mod site; right now it exists only in this topic as an unsupported WIP project, on which I won't work until I have a fixed target (aka, 2.0 milestone). So if you're playing a campaign I discourage you using the mod.

I completely understand the frustration of nightlies causing bugs and crashes but you don't actually have to wait for 2.0 to get a version stable enough. The current nightly still has a few bugs with the new mission changes but pretty soon it will be stable enough.

And you'll want to use the new features for the MiB missions - I've been spending the last days just letting my imagination go wild :) I'm already planning to have an MJ12 Base being generated and the new Mission Sites should also be very useful to avoid the need to generate UFOs for missions.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2015, 06:41:27 pm »
I've checked the MiB Terror alienDeployment and the problem doesn't seem to be there. I'd be more inclined to it being a bug with the battle generator since SupSuper has made changes and he has been fixing bugs since then.

I completely understand the frustration of nightlies causing bugs and crashes but you don't actually have to wait for 2.0 to get a version stable enough. The current nightly still has a few bugs with the new mission changes but pretty soon it will be stable enough.

And you'll want to use the new features for the MiB missions - I've been spending the last days just letting my imagination go wild :) I'm already planning to have an MJ12 Base being generated and the new Mission Sites should also be very useful to avoid the need to generate UFOs for missions.
Nightlies are super stable! I just don't want to follow a moving target with this mod. The mod just needs to be heavily revised, there's no shortcut; but now my WIP efforts are focused somewhere else. I can't do both and mib mod was always about learning OXC modding, understanding the extent of what I could do; the mod I wanted to make was apocalypse-releated from the very beginning.
So mib gets the short end of the stick.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »
The problem is that if they do, they're given the alien weaponset instead of their own weaponset, since there is only one alienDeployments for retaliation.

It's true, however I think that them getting special gear for such a major operation is a good enough rationale. And they certainly should have (limited) access to alien weapons.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2015, 10:53:55 am »
hi robin,

i received questions from  people, if i could add compatibility for your 3 alien races (waspite, gazer and anthropod) for my Research alive aliens mod. Would you mind if i dig throu your mods and eventually repack them (in case spritesheets are missing or so)?

Offline toonlink3181

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.4_WIP | Cover 2.3a | Gazer 1.7 | Anthropod 1.5
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:05 pm »
What happened to the men in black mod? It's gone!

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »
no . robin is waiting for the milestone.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2015, 09:47:47 pm »
hi robin,

i received questions from  people, if i could add compatibility for your 3 alien races (waspite, gazer and anthropod) for my Research alive aliens mod. Would you mind if i dig throu your mods and eventually repack them (in case spritesheets are missing or so)?
Uh? No spritesheets are missing.
The mods are there and you can use their contents. Of course, if you do, it's better to add some somewhat meaningful personal work before re-releasing: integrating them in your project is already enough.

What happened to the men in black mod? It's gone!
I temporarily removed the mod from the site because it isn't compatible anymore with 1.0, but at the same time I currently can't keep it updated for compatibility with the nightlies: being this the situation, you were bound to download an non-functioning mod. Therefore until the situation stabilizes (AKA next OXC milestone comes out) the mod is only available in this thread (first post) as "work in progress, no guarantees, no support" package.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:51:11 pm by robin »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2015, 07:32:49 am »
The mods are there and you can use their contents. Of course, if you do, it's better to add some somewhat meaningful personal work before re-releasing: integrating them in your project is already enough.

Thanks, i was waiting for your answer now i can start work :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Hey robin,

I want to add some more alien races to the Redux mod and I really like the 3 aliens you got here, although I'm avoiding adding material from the other XCom games (with the exception of TFTD terrains), so the Anthropod looks great but he's out.

I would like also to add the MiB units to my mod and combine them with the Mercenary/Omega/MJ12 faction. I haven't decided how to but I'd like to know if that's OK since you were planning to get back to MiB once TFTD and the new mission structure is implemented.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Hey robin,

I want to add some more alien races to the Redux mod and I really like the 3 aliens you got here, although I'm avoiding adding material from the other XCom games (with the exception of TFTD terrains), so the Anthropod looks great but he's out.

How about using the orange version, from Dioxine's Piratez? It looks completely different and is only vaguely similar to the original Anthropod at best. Or you could convert it to, I dunno, green.

It is such a pretty unit, it would be a shame to skip it.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Hey robin,

I would like also to add the MiB units to my mod and combine them with the Mercenary/Omega/MJ12 faction. I haven't decided how to but I'd like to know if that's OK since you were planning to get back to MiB once TFTD and the new mission structure is implemented.
I'll go back on MiB once FromApoc is done.. far far far future. So don't worry about that.
Of course you can use my aliens too. Especially I have a feeling that no one uses/likes Gazers (never seen them in any let's play), while I think they're quite cool. :P

I'd be careful about adding too many alien races though, because it may prevents having meaningfully lengthy confrontation with them, during the campaign. You may encounter a particular race only once, or not at all -this happens with vanilla races already, so the more you add the worse- which is imho disappointing. Having mixed crews should mitigate the issue.