Author Topic: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.5 | Cover 2.3.2 | Gazer 1.9.1 | Anthropod 1.5.2  (Read 155331 times)

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
ok thanks for info, and what is your current mod ?

Offline HotIceHilda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
what do you think about those crafts for mib forces ?
Amazing, I like them. The designs are unique.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
updated gazer

- fixed holodrone animation, not making the game crash anymore;
- added french language (thanks Ascadix);

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hey everyone I really like the idea for MiB . Is a great mod I keep it on. Since I use Equal Terms  1 mod as well the sniper rifle and machine pistol exist twice in both mods although have different stats. I have taken the liberty in editing both rul files for both mods to make them work together.  I renamed MiB weapons to MiB Machine Pistol and MiB Sniper rifle and I renamed the projectile name to STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_AMMO and STR_MACHINE_PISTOL_CLIP which are same as Equal Terms mod making both weapons use same clips when both mods are enabled. I have also fiddled with the ufopedia for the weapon so that when you acquire a weapon then the UFOPedia is revealed otherwise you won't see it. On Equal Terms 1.0 side I have some a few more tricks to let MiB operatives use the old XCom weapons and once you aquire those their ufopedias will be unlocked. I have attached the modified rul files for both mods. Enable both together and they should play along well.

I am tempted to rename most old XCom weapons with MiB denomination as MiB Heavy Cannon MiB Auto Cannon etc. Equal Terms disables those weapons by default but lowest tech MiB use them and you will bump into them. Might as well have a logic for them still being in the game.

I also use your other mods cover alien and gazer amazing work thank you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:42:18 pm by tollworkout »

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all, your mods are amazing, Robin.
Everything works so far, but there seems to be a problem with the Men in Black.
I have the MIB Mod installed for quite some time now and in the mission generator
everything works just fine, but after a while I noticed, that they never show
up i a regular game. I am only getting normal UFOs, but no MIB Missions. I am running
the Feb. 3. 2015 Nightly with Commendations Mod EXE, but also tried the regular EXE to no
avail.

I overlooked the ruleset a bit, but didn't find a reason why they are never appear. My experience with
alien missions is not so good at the moment though. I even tried to load the mod last, but no change.

It would be very nice if you could have a look at the mod. Maybe something changed in the Nightlies?
For the last few weeks, i am working on a big personal mod pack and really want to include the MIB.
Hope this can be fixed somehow. Thank you.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all, your mods are amazing, Robin.
Everything works so far, but there seems to be a problem with the Men in Black.
I have the MIB Mod installed for quite some time now and in the mission generator
everything works just fine, but after a while I noticed, that they never show
up i a regular game. I am only getting normal UFOs, but no MIB Missions. I am running
the Feb. 3. 2015 Nightly with Commendations Mod EXE, but also tried the regular EXE to no
avail.

I overlooked the ruleset a bit, but didn't find a reason why they are never appear. My experience with
alien missions is not so good at the moment though. I even tried to load the mod last, but no change.

It would be very nice if you could have a look at the mod. Maybe something changed in the Nightlies?
For the last few weeks, i am working on a big personal mod pack and really want to include the MIB.
Hope this can be fixed somehow. Thank you.
Thanks for the feedback.

The truth is this mod status is a bit of a mess; I should just scale it back to "1.0-only" compatibility. Right now I think I might have updated-fixed it for latest nightly (no time to test, sorry) but I don't have the time to keep it updated... I'm actually tempted of pulling it offline and re-release it when next milestone (AKA TFTD) is available.

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.4_WIP | Cover 2.3a | Gazer 1.7 | Anthropod 1.5
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2015, 03:55:29 am »
I just tested your new experimental version and after three months of shooting down small and large scouts
and losing hope, my identification scanner was jammed by a UFO. Finally there they are. I engaged the mission and
everything works fine in it. After that just 3 more UFOs later, another MIB Craft appeared.

I knew the truth was out there. Thank you very much! :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:38 am »
I just tested your new experimental version and after three months of shooting down small and large scouts
and losing hope, my identification scanner was jammed by a UFO. Finally there they are. I engaged the mission and
everything works fine in it. After that just 3 more UFOs later, another MIB Craft appeared.

This situation doesn't mean that there was a bug, it was more likely that the RNG simply didn't generate a MiB mission.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2015, 06:48:26 am »
also, a mod like this requires starting a new game post-installation for the mission stuff to propagate correctly

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2015, 01:28:46 am »
Every time the MIB attacks my base on OpenXCOM android, it crashes.

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2015, 04:19:34 am »
also, a mod like this requires starting a new game post-installation for the mission stuff to propagate correctly

I first noticed the problem in a test game for my mod pack (it was a new game).
When I began to test strictly the MIB Mod, I startet many test games (all new games, around 7 maybe) until I
was game over (3 to 4 months most of the time, didn't do much because I was only looking for spawns).
Maybe it was really just bad luck, but maybe not.

Need more time for testing I guess.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:29 am »
I first noticed the problem in a test game for my mod pack (it was a new game).
When I began to test strictly the MIB Mod, I startet many test games (all new games, around 7 maybe) until I
was game over (3 to 4 months most of the time, didn't do much because I was only looking for spawns).
Maybe it was really just bad luck, but maybe not.

Need more time for testing I guess.

The best way to test new missions is either by deleting all the vanilla missions or by increasing the missionWeight value of the new mission to 200 in all regions. Otherwise you can spend a lot of time without seeing the mission.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2015, 10:05:27 am »
Every time the MIB attacks my base on OpenXCOM android, it crashes.
It shouldn't happen. Are you running other mods? I'm putting out another version (4.4a) in which they don't retaliate anymore (they weren't meant to be).
This version will be available only here on the forum (for other modders), I'm going to pull the mod form the mod site.

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2015, 06:57:30 am »
It shouldn't happen. Are you running other mods? I'm putting out another version (4.4a) in which they don't retaliate anymore (they weren't meant to be).
This version will be available only here on the forum (for other modders), I'm going to pull the mod form the mod site.

Nevermind, that was the Scout Drone mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.4a_WIP | Cover 2.3a | Gazer 1.7 | Anthropod 1.5
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2015, 04:23:30 pm »
I personally think MiBs SHOULD retaliate. :)