Author Topic: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.5 | Cover 2.3.2 | Gazer 1.9.1 | Anthropod 1.5.2  (Read 155333 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just reinstalled this mod after a long break from OpenXcom and wow, this mod really has come far! I remember the first tiny steps (and versions) and almost can't believe what has become of this! Had a MIB base mission (i assaulted their landed base/ship and had to retreat because of the stiff resistance (i was only equpped with starting weapons). And the tanks! *loves mod*

Later my base was attacked by MIB! Luckily I had a good base-layout and could keep them back...

Anyway: Excellent work, thanks for this!  :)

Offline HotIceHilda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I enjoy a lot of the content in the MiB mod, but I have one major gripe. About half my missions are MiB missions. They are pushovers for the most part. Also, how do you find a MiB base? I have been shooting down and assaulting every ufo successful so does that reduce the chances? Finally, there should be some more separate flavor text for different types of MiB agents. I researched the MiB medic and leader and nothing happened.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
About half my missions are MiB missions.
This is very strange. Maybe MiB missions got generated next to each other so you're having a period of high frequency, but the overall proportion should be about 25%MiB/75%aliens.
At least the latest version I'm quite sure it is not 50/50.
The problem is, testing this takes tons, tons of time (running numerous campaigns and taking notice of the missions): I don't have it.

The MiB base looks like a landed UFO that stays there for a long time (2 years IIRC). And technically IS a UFO, so you're not getting any message or mark unless your radar spots it. If one exists somewhere in the world, you should be able to spot it by patrolling over it with your crafts. There will be a base at some point in time, it's guaranteed.

Offline HotIceHilda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
The MiB base looks like a landed UFO that stays there for a long time (2 years IIRC). And technically IS a UFO, so you're not getting any message or mark unless your radar spots it. If one exists somewhere in the world, you should be able to spot it by patrolling over it with your crafts. There will be a base at some point in time, it's guaranteed.

Ok, that is good because it is July already and I have four AWCS( planes with a huge radar)patrolling every place in the world and I haven't found a single MiB or Alien base. I guess I am just kicking their ass too much.

Offline HotIceHilda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Can you make so that you can research Cydonia or Bust with any alien commander from your mod?

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Can you make so that you can research Cydonia or Bust with any alien commander from your mod?
Yeah that should be added, at least for Gazers; but.. don't hold your breath, I have very very little time right now and I want to dedicate all of it to my new (unreleased) mod.
Sorry :-[

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
I have very very little time right now and I want to dedicate all of it to my new (unreleased) mod.
A new mod being developed by Robin? This can't be true, it's a miracle!

Offline HotIceHilda

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Yeah that should be added, at least for Gazers; but.. don't hold your breath, I have very very little time right now and I want to dedicate all of it to my new (unreleased) mod.
Ok cool, but if you do implement it don't allow MiB commanders to be used to research Cydonia or Bust. Even though they are working with the aliens I highly doubt they would be told everything by the aliens.

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Are there DL-links for the mods as long as the mod-portal is down?

greetz
Hadan

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
It's good to be such a downloads hoarder! I don't have the MiB (haven't tried it yet), but here are the others!

(If I remember well, Gazers v1.6 crash in OpenXCom v1.0, so you have to use v1.5a instead. Use 1.6 in the nightly)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
I've attached the archives in the first post. You can get them from there too.

Offline Ascadix

• Captain
  • My English is as good as French schools ... :-p
    • View Profile
Hello,

extraStrings: fr for Gazer:

Spoiler:
Code: [Select]
extraStrings:
  - type: fr
    strings:
      STR_GAZER: Gazer
      STR_HOLODRONE: Holodrone
      STR_HOLODRONE_TERRORIST: Terroriste Holodrone
      STR_GAZER_SOLDIER: Soldat Gazer
      STR_GAZER_MEDIC: Médecin Gazer
      STR_GAZER_ENGINEER: Ingénieur Gazer
      STR_GAZER_NAVIGATOR: Navigateur Gazer
      STR_GAZER_LEADER: Leader Gazer
      STR_GAZER_COMMANDER: Commandant Gazer
      STR_GAZER_CORPSE: Corps Gazer
      STR_HOLODRONE_CORPSE: Corps Holodrone
      STR_GAZER_AUTOPSY: Autopsie Gazer
      STR_HOLODRONE_AUTOPSY: Autopsie Holodrone
      STR_GAZER_UFOPAEDIA: Les gazers ressemblent à des tortues bipédes et sont aussi corriaces qu'ils en ont l'air. Leur énorme armure leur confère une résistance incroyable contre toutes les attaques et tout particulierement les munitions perforantes et les armes à plasma.
      STR_GAZER_AUTOPSY_UFOPAEDIA: L'oeuil de cyclope est la caractéristique principale de cette créature qui sinon ressemble à un crustacé en plus évolué. Son importante armure n'est pas qu'un blindage, elle est greffé sur la créature par des implants bio-cybernétiques et constitue une vrai coquille.
      STR_HOLODRONE_UFOPAEDIA: Les holodrones sont des pièces d'artillerie volantes. Ils sont protégés par une bulle de plasma qui interfère avec les tirs de plasma et le feu. Il se pourrait qu'ils aient été développés spécifiquement pour combattre les ennemis équipés d'armes à plasma. La température très élevé et les radiations émises par ce dispositif empéchent de l'utiliser pour des armure humaine.
      STR_HOLODRONE_AUTOPSY_UFOPAEDIA: Un automate très complexe alimenté par un coeur d'élérium surdimensionné. Deux diffuseurs sortants de ce coeur générent la bulle de plasma enveloppant l'unitée. Il est également évident que le noyau peut générer une surcharger et l'utiliser pour générer un puissant faisceau laser.

for players who don't like editing ruleset, simply downlaod and activate the attachment to add "Fr" string to the mod.

[Fr] pour les joueurs qui n'aiment pas éditer les ruleset, télécharger et activer la PJ pour avoir le blabla des gazer en français  ;)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Had a funny moment when playing this mod. The MIB agent (facing the dead MIB agents in the upper left) just acidentally shot that comrade in the back and killed him), after the end of the turn he just stood there and stared at the dead comrade, hilarious! "My god, what have I done? Bruce, get up, come on, I didn't mean to kill you..."  ;D

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
what do you think about those crafts for mib forces ?

1) small scout
2) medium scout
3) large scout
4) terror ship
5) base ship

I just used data from two other mods combined.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Men in black 4.3:
- MiB terror mission now use random urban terrain, instead of fixed urban map;
- added russian translation (sorry it took so long);

@ baldum
The base ship looks like it has something wrong; but anyway I'm set on not expanding this anymore.