Author Topic: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.5 | Cover 2.3.2 | Gazer 1.9.1 | Anthropod 1.5.2  (Read 157376 times)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Can you write here the code for this weapon ?

In the ruleset reference, there is "damageType" and you can choose 3 - HE or 7 - melee, but not both, isn't it ?
I have try to make a damagetype=3 weapon with battletype=3 and the game freeze when I try it (but don't crash).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
A bit unrelated with the current topic but I thought that was worth checking:
In the new version of the Alien Mods, you are supplying spritesheets (Thank you!), but the folders of sprites are also there. Is there any reason to keep them? I checked in the rulesets and they don't seem to be referenced anymore, but I just wanted to make sure.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
You're right they're not used anymore by the mod itself. But for example the latest gazer (1.6) crashed with OXC 1.0, because I was using nightly-only stuff. So I had to re-upload version 1.5a which IIRC still uses folders. So the mods status is still not "settled" and folders are still there to ease my work.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Fair enough! Thanks for keeping everything compatible with v1.0 as well, that's what I use too.

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Impressive work, was shocked to see anthropods in my terror mission in 2nd month, however was very fun and reminds me of tentaculats from TFTD for some weird reason!

I wonder, to make one of your custom alien breeds unique, should one of them have the ability to slowly heal itself?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Can you write here the code for this weapon ?

In the ruleset reference, there is "damageType" and you can choose 3 - HE or 7 - melee, but not both, isn't it ?
I have try to make a damagetype=3 weapon with battletype=3 and the game freeze when I try it (but don't crash).

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_BATTO
    size: 0.2
    costBuy: 50
    costSell: 25
    weight: 6
    bigSprite: 283
    floorSprite: 97
    handSprite: 662
    meleeHitSound: 79
    power: 50
    damageType: 3
    blastRadius: 0
    accuracyMelee: 70
    tuMelee: 12
    flatRate: true
    battleType: 3
    twoHanded: false
    skillApplied: false
    invWidth: 1
    invHeight: 3
    armor: 60
    listOrder: 1540

An example. Curiously, it seems that the devs have fixed things (up) again and it's indeed impossible to create a blast melee weapon anymore, so you're right to some degree... Whatever the blast radius you put in, it's always defaulted to 0 now (THE DEVS KNOW BETTER, PUNNY MODDERS). However, you can change the damage type to whatever you like and the weapon will still work. (at least this is for OXCom version on this machine, git 27-07)

Back to your silacoids - the default routine for an alien who's unsure what to do is to walk a bit towards the Xcom then go back (preferably behind cover); or, if it can't see them, it will clear the corner first. It is perfectly possible for them to get within weapon range with this behavior (and then they will fire). Are you sure the silacoids weren't simply doing this? Look how Chryssalid acts (he knows he has to go close) - he often sprints across large fields to get to you. Were your silacoids ever doing that? If so, then the dev team has taken weapon range into consideration and my knowledge is simply outdated. But when I was playing last time, enemies with limited range weapons were pretty much helpless when found in open field.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Impressive work, was shocked to see anthropods in my terror mission in 2nd month.
I wonder, to make one of your custom alien breeds unique, should one of them have the ability to slowly heal itself?
AFAIK there's no way to add health regeneration to an alien. And to be fair I'm not sure I would add something like that without a way to "communicate its presence" to the player.

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
May sound daft, but would the alien bleeding being turned on, and the initial starting "wound" damage to be  minus 2 as an example?

That if the engine allows it, and the only other issue i see, it can look a bit silly when mind-probing them.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
That's not a bad idea, and would allow the player to know too.

Alien has -2 fatal wounds = Alien is pretty darn healthy!

That being said, my experience with aliens is that they die when I see them, or they kill me when showing up. Very rarely does a known alien survive, taking damage, over multiple turns, which is where regeneration would make sense.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
May sound daft, but would the alien bleeding being turned on, and the initial starting "wound" damage to be  minus 2 as an example?

I'm not sure it wouldn't cause dead aliens to come back to life... :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
I finally made the custom terrains for human crafts, so MiB can have proper airships.
Also the MiB base "indestructibility" has been fixed, shoot it down like every other building (oh but its core is resistant).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:26:46 am by robin »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Nice mix of alien and human looks! Those MiB dudes have some means, that's a much bigger craft than XCom ever will get! (Mind you, how the XCom operatives accept to stand while flying halfway around the world is beyond me.. I think your scale is much more believable.)

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
I finally made the custom terrains for human crafts, so MiB can have proper airships.
Also the MiB base "indestructibility" has been fixed, shoot it down like every other building (oh but its core is resistant).
Will my soldiers still spawn in that craft or no?

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile

What about roof destructability? I found out that easiest way to get inside the core of MiB base is to climb to the roof and than make a commando entry straight down guns blazing. Just laser rifle is enough to make a hole. Made clearing MiB bases piece of cake.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Now you can do the same to the walls; only the central rooms, made of sky-blue metal, are resistant.