Author Topic: [ENEMIES] Men in Black 4.5 | Cover 2.3.2 | Gazer 1.9.1 | Anthropod 1.5.2  (Read 157361 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
I already did the job (Waspite, Gazer, Anthropod and Muton Commander) for my own purpose so I attach files, I let you take what you need (I guess only the spritesheets)

Look for the size of the image, then use same technique as above

If Falko is able to provide them too, it will be safer as he is more comfortable with sprites conversion

If not, use these ones, I think they are ok but I did not really tested them as I am more focused on modding for the moment
Thank you! I'll play around with them and report.
Side note: I used Falko's sprite to png online converter and managed to fix my sniper rifle issue too!

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll merge everything.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Anthropod Alien (1.4) and MiB (4.0) merged (the sprites I mean) and updated. The others in the following days.

Without Falko's tools I wouldn't have merged the sprites, so the Linux-friendliness is credited to him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:43:15 am by robin »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Anthropod Alien (1.4) and MiB (4.0) merged (the sprites I mean) and updated. The others in the following days.

Does it include an update of the Spitter research (three separate research topics)?

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Does it include an update of the Spitter research (three separate research topics)?
What do you mean? All research topics should be in.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
What do you mean? All research topics should be in.

Well, in my version there are three types of Spitters, each having its own corpse and its own Research topic...
Did I do something wrong?

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
There are actually 4 types of spitter; one doesn't leave a corpse behind though.
Everything should be ok.. but I still haven't tested the campaign :-X, sorry.

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I have read somewhere you initially want the cybermite do a kind of suicidal explosing attack ? I think it is possible to do, if you give them a attack of HE type, but with a maximum range of 1 ou 2 square. And of course, give them many TUs, so they can run to their target for explode them. (I have use something similar with silacoid, and give them a IC based attack, with very short range, and it works fine : silacoids actually throw burning flamme everywhere which is quite funy. )

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
It can be made as a melee attack with HE damage type.
However, the "no explosive attacks before turn 3" rule would hamper the effectivity of the kamikaze-mites in the early mission.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Melee attack with explosive damage was the first thing I tried, and it didn't work. Now I'm a ruleset noob, so it could have been my fault; I'll try again but the radius must be 4.

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
It can be made as a melee attack with HE damage type.

This seem don't work for me.

However, the "no explosive attacks before turn 3" rule would hamper the effectivity of the kamikaze-mites in the early mission.

I have no knoweldge of this rule, this explain why my holodrone revised don't fire at the begining (I have change his type of attack to HE). But it is not a problem, it could make impossible missions if aliens launch explosives attack in the skyranger, and aliens which have only explosives attack seem to run away if they can't fire. And come back soon to launch surprises  :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
HE melee attacks were once impossible, but this bug had been fixed ages ago... Unless specifically the enemies can't use it (player's units can use HE melee just fine). Anyway, if you meant ranged HE with limited range - that's impossible for sure since the AI has no concept of "maximum range"; the mites would take sniping positions, try to fire, then run away after their weapon mysteriously refused to fire :)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
that's impossible for sure since the AI has no concept of "maximum range"; the mites would take sniping positions, try to fire, then run away after their weapon mysteriously refused to fire

ok, so how my silacoids do for use their limited range 4 fine ? they not fire as often has other, it's right, but they run to my soldier and then fire at point blank so it can work.
But for cybermite it don't. I have made an HE weapon with 2 max range, which work perfectly fine in mind control, but cybermite don't use it, even if they are close to the target. I have first think the IA try to not suicide itself, so I have gave cybermite immunity to HE, but they already don't fire.

EDIT : it's work with 20 square max range, so maybe 4 or 5 maxrange is enought to make the AI able to use it, but 2 square is not. But by the way, how do you make a HE melee weapon while damagetype are HE OR Melee ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:38:11 pm by LeBashar »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
HE melee attacks were once impossible, but this bug had been fixed ages ago... Unless specifically the enemies can't use it (player's units can use HE melee just fine). Anyway, if you meant ranged HE with limited range - that's impossible for sure since the AI has no concept of "maximum range"; the mites would take sniping positions, try to fire, then run away after their weapon mysteriously refused to fire :)
So you say I can make Cybermites behave like Poppers, like I originally intended?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
ok, so how my silacoids do for use their limited range 4 fine ? they not fire as often has other, it's right, but they run to my soldier and then fire at point blank so it can work.
But for cybermite it don't. I have made an HE weapon with 2 max range, which work perfectly fine in mind control, but cybermite don't use it, even if they are close to the target. I have first think the IA try to not suicide itself, so I have gave cybermite immunity to HE, but they already don't fire.

I've phrased it wrong, sorry. What I meant: if your soldier JUST HAPPENS to be within range, they will fire. But they'll never run towards you (intentionally) to get into range... Unless there were some recent changes to the AI  I'm unaware of (which is perfectly possible :) )

EDIT : it's work with 20 square max range, so maybe 4 or 5 maxrange is enought to make the AI able to use it, but 2 square is not. But by the way, how do you make a HE melee weapon while damagetype are HE OR Melee ?

Not sure what you're talking about. I have my melee weapons use all sorts of damage: melee, AP, stun, laser, plasma, HE...

@Robin:
Yes, it seems so. AFAIK that bug was fixed by Warboy almost immediately after you've reported the problem (and changed your cybermites to avoid it :) ) I've made a working melee weapon with HE damage and blast radius (and without blast radius too). Haven't tested if it works for AI-controlled units too, but why shouldn't it?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:40:14 pm by Dioxine »