aliens

Author Topic: [BETA] Recycled Elerium  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
[BETA] Recycled Elerium
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:25:36 am »
Recently I've been using Shadow's Terran Plasma Mod, and I started to think - is there a way to salvige Elerium 115  from the (now useless) Alien weapons.

I tried to write a mod to do this - but I'm having trouble with the codeing

After a while (and several false starts) I came up with a second idea - turn old (plasma) ammo into new rifle ammo.  I even made new sprites for the clips.

Both are avallible for people to give them a shot - but like the subject line says - their BETA versons.

Any comments about this would be appreciated.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA] Recycled Elerium
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 09:18:37 am »
here is a mod that recycles alien items in elerium https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:29:36 am »
Thanks - I'll look in it, I might find some Ideas from it.

Offline AlienMuncher

• Sergeant
  • Aliens happen...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 05:26:38 pm »
Haha, I've just finished my post in other thread, when I stumbled across yours, so forgive me for quoting myself:

Further I think introduction of this mod with Terran Plasma Weapons would effectively balance the game by making aliens weapons totally useless. I'd love if ex. alien weapons could've been dissasembled in workshops into Allien Alloys and Ellerium, and on top of that, making any Human Plasma Weapon would require Alien Weapon equivalent (Human Plasma Rifle would require Alien Alloys, Ellerium and Alien Plasma Rifle) - with logic behind it that although size and shape of alien weapons makes their use by humans impossible, some of their components can be use to produce human's equivalent.

You reminded me about clips though, but I imagine clips could be used exactly same way. Or maybe they could require only small amount of effort (time and components) to be adapted to use with Terran Plasma - thus making them easy to manufacture for further sale on the market?

I'm also thinking that maybe only weapon should dissasemble into alien alloys and clip into elerium?

So many choices, so many choices...