Author Topic: Couple of map fixes here, merge maybe?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
Couple of map fixes here, merge maybe?
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:55 am »
The XComUtil mods, Interceptor and Firestorm battlescape maps, are riddled with bugs that were fixed on the bigger ships. This is my attempt to fix them for these ships as well.

INTERC uses the Skyranger's map data set PLANE, and FIRES uses LIGHTNIN. This was necessary for the fixes to use the XCom1Ruleset and its MCDPatches for all that good stuff. This could be added though:

MCDPatches:
  - type: PLANE
    data:
      - MCDIndex: 13
        bigWall: 6
      - MCDIndex: 14
        bigWall: 6

In the zip are the FIRES and INTERC that have the fixes, and the ruleset to use them correctly. That one is XcomUtil_Fighter_Transports.rul
XcomUtil_Fighter_Transports_Extra.rul uses my take on the Firestorm, pictured below. I made it slightly better, IMHO.
Both rulesets use the same Interceptor map.

Extract it to your Data folder and overwrite the flawed maps there. PlaneFix.rul is the tiny little piece of text I mentioned earlier, and I would love if anything good here could be added to the main branch.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of map fixes here, merge maybe?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:12 am »
i've added the east wall patch for the tailfins, but save me some time, what was changed on the maps themselves?

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:15:59 am »
The INTERC west wall tailfins were in the content slot, so I fixed that, really the only thing I did to that map.

FIRES was letting me deploy through the wall, so I changed it's map data reference to the LIGHTNIN so I could use the invisible pillar-like tiles to close the gaps on the outside walls. I had to leave it to the outside to still leave enough valid spawn points for 10 people on the ship. I also made the doors proper west walls so they actually open when people walk through them.

FIREST has all the previous fixes, but it's a modified larger version that has only one door. I re-centered/spread out the landing legs and I think it feels more firestorm-ish, way less cramped and seems like it could fit ten people and still fight UFOs comfortably. Still uses only one space to land in.

I'm guessing the original FIRES is the XComUtil version and mine is different, so I should probably post it seperately as a mod.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »
thanks, merged :)