Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Sectoid_Soldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Zombies
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:15:54 pm »
Is it possible for aliens to mind-control dead XCOM soldiers, and civilians?

The result would be Zombies, under alien control.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Zombies
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:31 pm »
Is it possible for aliens to mind-control dead XCOM soldiers, and civilians?

The result would be Zombies, under alien control.

How do you want to mind-control something that has no mind?

You might as well mind-control a toaster to make it transform into a tiny robot. :P

Offline Sectoid_Soldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:13 pm »
I'm not very skilled at modding yet, so I'll describe, heh. The mind-controlled zombie soldiers would have the standard zombie graphic, I suppose.

Also, as another idea I can't implement yet, something with... very strong psionic abilities might 'hatch' XCOM solders and civilians into zombies simply with a psionic attack.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:32:10 pm »
I'm not very skilled at modding yet, so I'll describe, heh. The mind-controlled zombie soldiers would have the standard zombie graphic, I suppose.

That's not what I meant, it was more about if it makes sense at all. I think it doesn't, since despite their psionics, aliens aren't necromancers, and some serious magic would be required to make a dead person walk and eat brains.

Also, as another idea I can't implement yet, something with... very strong psionic abilities might 'hatch' XCOM solders and civilians into zombies simply with a psionic attack.

That's more sensible. Incredibly harsh, but kinda awesome. :)
I don't think any Ethereal could do this though... Some special unit, I guess? Preferably a terror unit?

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 04:31:59 am »

Hmm... yes the psi attack fries the brain of the victim leaving them with only the basic human instinct of 'KILL EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT ME'. That reminds me of the 'brain scorcher' from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:33:52 am by Murmur »