Author Topic: Weapon - Armor compatibility and ammo clips TU and Acc values  (Read 2502 times)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Weapon - Armor compatibility and ammo clips TU and Acc values
« on: October 07, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »
Hello, I would like to comment about some features that can be added, which I think would be positive:

1) The possibility to add Accuracy, time units and arcingShot values to ammo clips, which when loaded in the weapon, will override the same values present in the weapon ruleset... Example: To mod a rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher, it would be good to use the TU and Acc from the weapon if using it with its regular bullet ammo magazine, but when replacing that magazine and loading a grenade(s) clip, the weapon should "use" the TU and Acc from the grenade clip ruleset (which, may be it can have less accuracy, less range, but a high angle trajectory and more HE power than the bullet magazine).

2) Add  a system of weapon types (similar to the excellent system added to craft in OpenXcom Extended) for armor suits... This way we can mod heavy infantry weapons that would be only possible to carry and fire when the soldier is using a specific armor suit type. An example: it's not possible for a regular soldier to hold and fire a minigun type machine gun, because of its eneormous recoil forces, but if the soldier is wearing a power suit, this suit can handle such a weapon.

Example: a)  Add to armors a "weapon hardpoint" stat, this would have a numerical value...

b) This hardpoint value will be checked against a new "weapon type" stat, or even without needing to add any new stats, to the weapon weight value. If the weapon weight (or type)
                    value is lower or equal to the armor suit hardpoint value, this weapon is compatible, if the weight/type number of the weapon is higher, that weapon would not be able to be used by
                    troops wearing that armor suit.

Thanks!! 8)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon - Armor compatibility and ammo clips TU and Acc values
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 02:25:03 am »
That's pretty cool...

How would we balance that with the aliens?

I personally would love to see an unarmed attack available for an empty hand box with a fixed time unit cost and LOW damage. I'd also like to see power weapons like an integrated suit claw that was used for breaking down walls and had enough power to tear through the hull of a ship for breaching.

-HH