aliens

Author Topic: [Research] More Dependent Research  (Read 2630 times)

Offline MickTheMage

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Research] More Dependent Research
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:59:37 am »
I created this mod some time ago for myself, but maybe someone find it useful too. The idea behind this mod is to delay some of the research (mostly weapons) with more dependencies.

For example – you can’t build Alien Containment in the beginning, first you need an alien autopsy, after alien autopsy you can research Xeno-biology and then build Alien Containment.

But as I wrote, its mostly weapons – motivation was simple - with many weapon mods out there, this may force player to use normal weapon longer.

I add also some other mod modifications – but as I discovered, most of the mods are fairly good balanced in terms of research. So, there are two mods hidden behind #. One is cooperation between Sectopod HWP and my Enforcer mod (you researched Advanced Robotics Technology and THEN you can research Sectopod Construction). The other one I added recently - Alien Armoury Expanded. I added similar dependencies for new weapons in that mod.

And one more thing. I want to ask someone here in the forums, if you know the author or someone from the abandoned UFO: Two Sides project, because I used the Research background artwork as basis for my Xeno-biology ufopedia entry illustration. So before I upload this on the mod site, I want to ask for premission to use part o fit. Because otherwise I will need change that. :)

Credits:
MickTheMage (ruleset)
UFO:TT (Xeno-biology ufopedia illustration)
Firaxis (ehm, Ufopedia text :) )

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Research] More Dependent Research
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:44:34 am »
We're doing this project, some of our ideas seem to be similar. You might be interested in it too! :)

As for the Alien Armoury Expanded, I upgraded it today (the new version in the first post of the thread), so check the new alien weapon. ;)