aliens

Author Topic: Changes of Psionics: New Powers and Cooldowns  (Read 2965 times)

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
Changes of Psionics: New Powers and Cooldowns
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »
I'd like to see a mod that rebalances psionics by adding two new powers and cooldowns on all powers.
Cooldown on Old Powers (each psionic power can be used once per turn)
Mind Control: 3 Turns
Psi Panic: 2 turns
New powers:
1. Mindfray: an offensive psionic power, the target must take a psionic test. Failure will result in health damage, ignoring armor, based on a roll taking into account the psionic strength of the victim and the psionic skill & strength of the user. The health damage also results in reduced stats and soldiers that have taken health damage from mindfray will require time for wound recovery. Mindfray deals no fatal wounds, but it does reduce the target's Psionic Strength for one turn. Cooldown is 3 turns.
2. Psi Inspiration: a psionic buff on a friendly target, this power will restore the target's morale. This power will also improve the soldier's bravery and psi strength for one turn. This power will never fail and the effects are based on the user's psionic strength and skill. Cooldown is 2 turns.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Changes of Psionics: New Powers and Cooldowns
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »
Hm...  how about something like 'Drop weapon', or stun damage, or 'cause fatigue' or impede aim, or 'introduce limp' or ...  something that simulates a headwound, like a 'blur vision' attack?

A telekinesis mod...  where your 'invisible soldier' can pick up a weapon on the ground and wield it for that one round...

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:48:41 pm »
I`d like stun damage by psi, like in Apocalypse!

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:17:32 am »
Transfer: Transfer all remaining Time Units/Stamina to friendly target;

Torment: Halve the target's health (no bleeding).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:55:26 pm »
I really like the Mindfray, the Inspiration and stunning. The rest are mostly too magical to fit, in my opinion (this has been discussed before).

Another idea I had for some time is "Psi Disturbance", which TUs, Stamina, Reactions, Firing, Throwing, Strength and Melee by 15%. It's not much, but it would be very easy to perform when compared to the standard powers.