Author Topic: New environments - mines/underground - similar to base?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New environments - mines/underground - similar to base?
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »
Saw someones new terrain mod.  Great stuff.  Was thinking whether there could be variations on what we have like types of maps and terrain.  I suppose a 'mine' or underground environment wouldn't be much different from an alien base except with some dead ends and maybe some machinery...

Surely there are other types of maps?

Ok, guess its awkward if a ufo crashed into a mine, but hey, maybe it would make a good terror site?

Any other environments?  National parks with bears? (Reapers?), lakes?  impassable streams with bridges?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New environments - mines/underground - similar to base?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:14:03 pm »
I imagine it would be "easy" to do, just need to find a dedicated artist to make all the assets. Easier said than done though!

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New environments - mines/underground - similar to base?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 03:00:15 pm »
I am working on/planning for a new Alien Base Terrain (along with new mapblocks) that hopefully will look more like a dark cave/underground base, but this will take a lot of time. The graphics are done rather easily, but the maps and especially the routes are difficult and tedious.

No screenshots atm, as this is still in the alpha/planning phase, but it will come, I am pretty sure of it. Unless someone else is faster  ;D