aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPON] (Updated v.1.01) Heat-Ray Weapons + new melee weapon  (Read 33616 times)

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
Re: [WEAPON] (Updated v.1.01) Heat-Ray Weapons + new melee weapon
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 01:55:55 pm »
I tried finding this on the modsite but cannot find it. Is a download available?

niculinux

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 11:28:28 pm »
I tried finding this on the modsite but cannot find it. Is a download available?

click on the .zip file underneath the screenshots. The mods are attached to the post ;)

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »
Hi. Spanish translation:

- type: es
    strings:
      STR_HEATRAY_RESEARCH: Armas de Rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE: Rifle de rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL: Pistola de Rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE_TEXT: El Rifle de Rayos Calóricos dispara un haz infrarrojo muy intenso utilizando una pesada batería de Elerium-115, con lo que elimina la necesidad de usar cargadores.
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL_TEXT: La Pistola de Rayos Calóricos dispara un intenso haz de infrarrojos, al utilizar una pesada batería de Elerium-115, evita el uso de cargadores.
  - type: es-419
    strings:
      STR_HEATRAY_RESEARCH: Armas de Rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE: Rifle de rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL: Pistola de Rayos Calóricos
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE_TEXT: El Rifle de Rayos Calóricos dispara un haz infrarrojo muy intenso utilizando una pesada batería de Elerium-115, con lo que elimina la necesidad de usar cargadores.
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL_TEXT: La Pistola de Rayos Calóricos dispara un intenso haz de infrarrojos, al utilizar una pesada batería de Elerium-115, evita el uso de cargadores.    

niculinux

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 11:26:41 am »
Dear civilian,

Please update the page on mod portale, because it currently gives an error

Also,. Id separate the power glove  putting in a dedicated thread. ;)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 11:36:06 am »
Dear civilian,

Please update the page on mod portale, because it currently gives an error

Also,. Id separate the power glove  putting in a dedicated thread. ;)
From what I understood, Civilian should not be available for some time, so perhaps ask your dear Jo5hua instead

niculinux

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 01:29:39 pm »
From what I understood, Civilian should not be available for some time, so perhaps ask your dear Jo5hua instead

No problem, let's go with "it'ready when it's ready" philosophy :D thank you!

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »
All of his mods have been readded onto the modsite.

Power Glove:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/power-glove

Addon Terrains Mapblocks:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/addon-terrains-mapblocks

Heat-Ray Weapons:
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/heat-ray-weapons

niculinux

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 07:06:52 pm »
Thanks. Think that mod will be perfectly balance and match with the Clips for laser wepaons mod

Offline phobos2077

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 10:34:48 am »
Russian translation for heat-ray weapons:
Code: [Select]
  - type: ru
    strings:
      STR_HEATRAY_RESEARCH: Тепло-лучевое оружие
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE: Тепло-лучевая винтовка
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL: Тепло-лучевой пистолет
      STR_HEATRAYRIFLE_TEXT: Тепло-лучевая винтовка поражает цель интенсивным инфракрасным лучем и использует большую и тяжелую батарею из элериума-115. Тем самым пропадает необходимость в магазинах с боеприпасами.
      STR_HEATRAYPISTOL_TEXT: Тепло-лучевой пистолет стреляет сильным инфракрасным лучем и используется довольно большую и тяжелую батарею из элериума-115, убирая необходимость в магазинах с боеприпасами.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 02:14:23 am »
I hope Civilian will not be offended given that I decided to make a small rework of its heat-ray weapons for my personal use
- first I added Sniper Rifle, Heavy Cannon and Scatter
- I also reworked handob of Rifle as a possible replacement of Civilian's version.

Either handobs are very laborious to design, or I just don't know the right technique for drawing perspective. If anyone as any advice to provide, do not hesitate ! (I just noticed only four have to be made, then the four else could be generated by symmetric)

I provide sprites (with their "sprite parameters" only) in case someone else would like to use them.

Credits are for Civilian, as without him heat-ray weapons would certainly never have existed. And some for Falko as his tools are really, really useful !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:36:19 am by Aldorn »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 07:39:16 pm »
Hi Civilian,

I just downloaded this from the modsite. It's a neat piece of work. Pretty much as new as can be in the game.

I was thinking of using it as an alien weapon, but then I realized that power/flight suits are immune to incendiary damage :/ I'm really not sure how to go about it, as I really liked the idea. I might just give power armour ~50% resistance or something..

Anyhow, my main question is: Usually, incendiary weapon do pitiful on hit damage because they set things on fire. How is it that those weapons work like regular weapons? Because they are not explosions? Also, do they ignore armour like other incendiary weapons or not?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 11:41:33 am »
Sorry for not being able to respond for some time  :-[

Aldorn, thanks for posting that! I would never feel offended by anyone using my ideas, on the contrary: The more, the merrier!  :) I have to test your version right away! Shall I provide a link to your mod on my mod versions website?

Arthanor: I frankly don't know, my guess is that the default flame damage is spread all over the area, whereas my weapons concentrate it in one spot.
And yes, lowering the INC resistance of the armors is the only way that works, I did that for a personal mod, too.

niculinux: Do you like the version from Aldorn better? If yes it would free me from the task of making them again  ;D

Oh and just to mention it again: All my mods and files are free to use for any purpose you see fit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:44:26 am by new_civilian »

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
Okay, there are two things at play here that I would appreciate any insight that can be given.

One- this mod defy's normal incendiary dammage rules, this is neat but I can't see how it's doing it

Two- when I set the blast radius to a non-zero the game goes black and closes out no message.  Possibly related? Maybe due to the nightly, about to check if there is a new one... nope... trying in version 1.0... AND it doesn't crash.

Wild speculations of possible causes: infinite ammo, defined hit animation, voodoo.

EDIT: The zero blastradius seems to be the reason it isn't limited by normal incendiary damage, with a non-zero blast radius the incendiary damage is used even with a direct hit, with an undefined or -1 blastradius the radius is determined by the power.
EDIT2:  Something in the nightly is causing the crash... upon further investigation, it is the hit animation doesn't work with an explosion, not sure why I didn't get the same crash in v1.0
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:16:38 pm by NoelBuddy »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 06:18:40 pm »
That's really weird. I just tried setting the blast radius to 2 and it works for me. I am using 1.0 though.. Seems like it is something in the nightly. And indeed, having a blast radius makes it do normal incendiary damage as far as I can tell. Weird..!

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »
Wild speculations
it would be helpful to post your changes/rulset