aliens

Author Topic: [Request] Extra facilities for human base  (Read 69780 times)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Extra facilities for human base
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »
One Chryssalid hiding in the bushes would terminate the project. Ouch.

Anyway, any opinion on the "decrease Living Quarters capacity to improve immersion" issue?

I always assumed they had bathrooms and food provided in the area under the barracks that isn't used for anything, so instead of getting rid of half the space in the barracks, maybe just use the area under it instead?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »
I always assumed they had bathrooms and food provided in the area under the barracks that isn't used for anything, so instead of getting rid of half the space in the barracks, maybe just use the area under it instead?

Doable, but I'm not sure if it would be big enough. Some modding needed. :)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »
Doable, but I'm not sure if it would be big enough. Some modding needed. :)

its not like they need a locker room or anything, all their stuff is just 1 floor above so that wouldn't need to take up room... would they need separate showers for male and female or would it be more efficient to just alternate between showers?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »
its not like they need a locker room or anything, all their stuff is just 1 floor above so that wouldn't need to take up room... would they need separate showers for male and female or would it be more efficient to just alternate between showers?
and in the next mod all xcom soldiers that spawn in the shower rooms running around without their assigned armor during base attack?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

Most X-Com operatives aren't Americans, so they don't really care. :P

and in the next mod all xcom soldiers that spawn in the shower rooms running around without their assigned armor during base attack?

OMG, we need a new sprite too...
Dioxine made nude females, so it's a start!

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »
OMG, we need a new sprite too...
Dioxine made nude females, so it's a start!

i was originally going to say would men and women shower together since they already share the same barracks but i wasn't sure on your policy regarding those kinds of topics...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 08:03:39 pm »
i was originally going to say would men and women shower together since they already share the same barracks but i wasn't sure on your policy regarding those kinds of topics...

.....what?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 03:49:08 am »
this isn't the sims, people

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »
this isn't the sims, people

Yeah, sadly. :P

Though some more layout accuracy would be desirable; because honestly, what's the harm in having bathrooms? They don't have to be to scale (pretty much nothing is), but they'd be a nice touch. Besides, Apocalypse had them.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 08:04:08 pm »
...and what if apocalypse jumped off a bridge?

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 08:19:27 pm »
hahahahaha!  :P

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
I skimmed the thread, so if this is out of place, then oops.

Talking about adding "useless" facilities; having a bathroom or chairs in the base or things like that could boost soldier morale, literally. +2 permanent morale per facility or something. Enter a battle with 120 morale, less chance of being panicked and whatnot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

OK, this was a stupid argument on my part, but... are you against this modification, Warboy? If so, why? It's just a little improvement which has no impact on anything, and would make the base a little prettier, in a functional sort of way.

Talking about adding "useless" facilities; having a bathroom or chairs in the base or things like that could boost soldier morale, literally. +2 permanent morale per facility or something. Enter a battle with 120 morale, less chance of being panicked and whatnot.

Uh... Silliness aside, do you mean that there could be bases with NO BATHROOMS? :P

Honestly people, I'm just talking about adding some pixels to the battlemap to make the room look more natural, stop making a new minigame out of it.

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 10:10:14 pm »
Hi all,

I misunderstand latest reactions, the first goal of this request is create little more facilities  to prevent that the whole of the researchs and manufactures can be concentrated in only two bases.

Please, no  kidding.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Corridor for human base
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 02:06:25 pm »
1) Corridor

that sounds like a good idea... the corridor could be 3 squares wide, with windowed metal walls alternatingly projecting from the sides. 2x2-units could still pass but will have to move around the walls, 1x1-units can either run through the middle or take (partial) cover behind the windows:

|        |
                |      _|
                |        |
                |_      |
                |        |
________|        |_________
 |                             |   

_____|___          ______|__
                |        |
                |      _|
                |        |
                |_      |
                |        |

I like this idea !

What about making 1st floor a storage place, to make it more "valuable" (with a restricted capacity compared to "General Store")

|        |
                |      _|
                |        |
                |_      |
                |        |
________|        |_________
 |                             |   

____|___          ______|__
                |        |
                |      _|
                |         S|
                |_      |
             |S         |

* S = Staircase to 1st floor storage

2) New facilities

Hi all,

I misunderstand latest reactions, the first goal of this request is create little more facilities  to prevent that the whole of the researchs and manufactures can be concentrated in only two bases.

Please, no  kidding.

I agree your point of view

There is a way to prevent a single base to be sufficient : adapt capacity limitations. In my previous attempts to make a personal mod, I decided to reduce capacities, as for example :
- Live Quarters : 50 -> 10
- General Store : 50 -> 20
- Alien Containment : 10 -> 1

Anyway, I like the idea of proposing new facilities, and in particular your propositions (as Corridor, Hospital, ...)

I think if some people do not like it, it seems easy just to ignore such a mod ;-)

3) Garage

Another idea of facility (but I do not know if capacity limitation is possible to be modded) : a "Garage" = small 1x1 hangar for HWP (with a capacity of n HWP)

4) Control Center

I think my proposition below is not a really good idea, but anyway, just in case some people would like to brainstorm on it...

Rather than (or in addition to) making "Control Center" necessary to launch crafts, simply make it necessary to control entire base, and be also a "decisive" facility, I mean : protect it whatever happens, because losing it would mean losing entire base (do not know if possible to mod this)

Inconvenient of this proposition : as it would have to be placed as soon as you create any base (as access lift), this would mean you would not be able to place it far away from access lift, which could make base defense very difficult to organize, specially in upper difficulty levels... That's why it is not a so good idea :-((
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:38:13 pm by Aldorn »