Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580183 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2850 on: June 16, 2018, 06:17:28 pm »
Hello, Solarius Scorch!

First of all, I`d like to say a thousand of thanks for FMP creation. To say that it is good is to say nothing. Playing "Ironman" mode is really awesome, but sometimes stressful ). And idea to use alien corpses for production armor and weapon is pretty smart!

Thank you very much! Though most praise is deserved by the modders. ;)

Is it possible to show in ufopedia alien characteristics/resists after researching their corpses? I think it would make a game more strategic to allow make plans how to equip soldiers before landing. Also it is relevant to XCOM armor, because not all resists are shown.

It's possible to do, but a lot of work. I am sort of working on that, slowly.
And all resistances are always shown on X-Com armours. there is even a scrollbar when needed.

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 19, 2018, 11:50:00 pm »
Just registered to say thanks!

Original x-com has captured my attention again and again ever since I received the demo as an 11-year old with a CGW magazine subscription.

Mods finally caught my attention on this latest revisit; FMP first up.  Its been great so far!  I wish I could level-up and name the dogs though lol. I've been pairing them with scout tanks and some fire support, love this new combo, when i can flank behind successfully.

I read a request or two earlier in the thread for dog armor; that would be kinda cool too, though they fit in well enough w/o. Names/skill training would be sweet, if you ever revisited this aspect for FMP.

Mod is great as-is though, thanks again!

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 20, 2018, 04:19:23 pm »
Thank you for not forgetting FMP!
I've left X-Files till better times, so I'll remember the good old FMP...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: June 21, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »
Thank you all for the kind words!
I will keep updating this mod pack whenever I have something new to add.

Offline Coldpe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: June 24, 2018, 12:39:59 am »
Thanks guys for that new release. I'm glad you solved troubles "no-image" weapons for Mac ! Now I can enjoy it  :). Thanks !

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: June 25, 2018, 05:07:15 am »
is the alien base layout different in FMP?  I had 2 soldiers survive back to the lift w/ a unconscious leader after blowing the 16 command table bits; but the base stayed :(

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: June 25, 2018, 10:26:04 am »
is the alien base layout different in FMP?  I had 2 soldiers survive back to the lift w/ a unconscious leader after blowing the 16 command table bits; but the base stayed :(

Would you have a save?

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: June 25, 2018, 06:36:49 pm »
I'm ashamed to admit that I had backed-up my ironman save mid-base.. so yes I do.  Checked the save and objectivesneeded showed 20, not 16... so I went back and replayed... turns out there was another room across the base with 4 more consoles sticking out of the wall.

Had never seen that 2nd command centre area; couldn't say if it was FMP or an obscure part of vanilla I had never seen/noticed.

Anyway it all worked as expected once I found that bit.  On the way back to the lift from that 2nd area, the last alien was killed, but I def had the "base destroyed" dialogue come up.  Probably just user error here :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:14 pm »
Apparently this time the aliens remembered about redundancy. ;)

Offline Absle

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: June 26, 2018, 09:55:56 pm »
What soldier stat dictates the accuracy of the grenade launcher? Is it throwing or firing accuracy? I tried looking through the files to figure it out for myself, but I couldn't figure out where to look or if that sort of thing would even be visible from the outside.

Also, tangentially related, has anyone found a good use for incendiary grenades? I usually ignore them, but I consistently see them in grenade-related mods so I figured someone must have found a use for them.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:10 pm »
Firing accuracy.

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: June 27, 2018, 12:33:31 am »
Also, tangentially related, has anyone found a good use for incendiary grenades? I usually ignore them, but I consistently see them in grenade-related mods so I figured someone must have found a use for them.

I could be confusing them with some other grenade, but I believe i had some success early in my game by stacking them, as they don't blow each other up the way HE grenades do iirc.  On night missions they double as a flare.  More commonly a dropship floor item though

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: June 27, 2018, 02:59:32 pm »
I could be confusing them with some other grenade, but I believe i had some success early in my game by stacking them, as they don't blow each other up the way HE grenades do iirc.  On night missions they double as a flare.  More commonly a dropship floor item though

You are correct - fire does not damage items, so these grenades can be stacked.

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: June 27, 2018, 03:15:42 pm »
Hi!

Since I found that the structure of the  language yml file has changed slightly, I have corrected (and attach this post) the updated file.

Have a nice day ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: June 28, 2018, 10:07:44 pm »
Hi!

Since I found that the structure of the  language yml file has changed slightly, I have corrected (and attach this post) the updated file.

Have a nice day ;)

Thanks, but... I'm not sure if I can replace the copy on Transifex with your file. Perhaps you could make the changes on Transifex, to make sure nothing is lost?