Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1602651 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2790 on: May 03, 2018, 05:13:47 pm »
Firstly, thanks for your kind words!
Secondly, this is a very strange bug. Perhaps you could provide a save?

EDIT:

At last! At long, long last! Final Mod Pack ver. 2.0 is online!
Many thanks to Meridian, who did the lion share of the work, updating the mod to the newest nightly in all sorts of ways. Without him it would never happen, or at least not at this quality level.
Also many thanks for all the translators on Transifex.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:20 pm »
Yeah, I've tried to research everything I can think of. I thought that laser pistols were pretty early in the game. I'm fairly certain that something is glitched up. I can produce the rifle and the cannon now, but can't equip them. The final mod pack and the commendation mod is the only ones I have active.

I'm also super interested in trying out the Piratez and x-files editions later on. I'm wanting to do a playthrough of all the xcom games. It looks like I'll be on the originals for a whole lot longer than I thought. :)

It could just be a user error though. I'm a total noob. I'm loving the game so far though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxjuc55i0u3rx16/Rook%20Done.sav?dl=0

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 03, 2018, 06:41:55 pm »
Where is a link to the new version of the final mod pack? Can I use that even though I've got a game running a older version?

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: May 03, 2018, 06:58:59 pm »
Where is a link to the new version of the final mod pack? Can I use that even though I've got a game running a older version?

Its in the first post. :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:12 pm »
@coaxmetal

You don't have Laser rifles yet... missing research
You also don't have Alien laser rifles yet...  also missing research

You can manufacture Alien Laser rifles... which is most probably a bug... not enough pre-requisites defined for manufacture in the mod.

You can upgrade to 2.0... but you need to upgrade openxcom nightly too... and your soldiers will lose all their commendations, except for "original 8" after the upgrade.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: May 03, 2018, 08:35:46 pm »
@coaxmetal

You don't have Laser rifles yet... missing research
You also don't have Alien laser rifles yet...  also missing research

You can manufacture Alien Laser rifles... which is most probably a bug... not enough pre-requisites defined for manufacture in the mod.

You can upgrade to 2.0... but you need to upgrade openxcom nightly too... and your soldiers will lose all their commendations, except for "original 8" after the upgrade.

Okay. I will have to look at the research tree in the final mod pack more closely. I've researched a lot of stuff. Some of those were alien laser weapons, like the laser cannon and laser rifle. I'm really not sure what else I can research that would be related. It feels like I should have been able to research laser pistols before cannons. Dunno.

I'm sure it is 90% me. I'm updating the game and the mod pack now. Maybe that will help. If not I'll just start the game over. I don't think I was too far in any way. Thanks for the reply and help.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: May 03, 2018, 08:40:29 pm »
You're missing "Elerium Battery" for Laser Rifle research.
And you're missing "Alien Power Systems" for Alien Laser Rifle research.

Also, it's not a bug that you can manufacture Alien Laser Rifle... you just have access to "Laser Weapons" research, which you should not have... most likely because you have started the game without FMP... researched Laser Weapons... and only after that you have installed FMP.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:46:30 pm by Meridian »

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: May 03, 2018, 08:49:25 pm »
That is the thing though, I don't have the option for either of those to be researched. Is that because I haven't done something in the game or it just a glitch? I don't see "Elerium Battery" or "alien power sources" available.

Although, I'd want to say that I remember the power source one being available earlier in the game. It is weird. I can research about 20 different things at this point in the game, none of them seem related to laser weapons. Well, besides the laser defense.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: May 03, 2018, 08:52:45 pm »
Both Elerium Battery and Alien Power Systems depend on other things which you also don't have yet... and those things may depend on more things... it's not a bug... you just need to research more stuff... I would recommend starting by researching some live aliens...

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: May 03, 2018, 08:55:49 pm »
Thank you!!!

That is all I was making sure about. I'd see some xcom: ufo defense playthroughs and noticed that they got to laser weapons super fast. I felt like I was still in the dark ages and couldn't figure out why. I see it is just me now. Thanks. Sorry for questions and confusion.

I really appreciate the help a lot. You guys rock. Thanks for all the work you do.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: May 04, 2018, 07:34:06 pm »
Since I've already come in here asking dumb questions, I'm going to keep it up.

1. Is there a list of the 80 something mods that are included in the final mod pack? I'd like to have an idea of what all is being changed in comparison. I didn't see anything like that in the mod folder or throughout the first part of this thread.

2. Does anyone have a copy of the vanilla tech tree? I found the one for the final mod pack and I'd like to compare them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2801 on: May 04, 2018, 07:45:10 pm »
I don't really understand the question about the list. I mean it's in the readme, but from the context I gather it's not enough?

Vanilla tech tree is widely available on Google.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: May 04, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »
I see it now. It is below the changelog. Sorry.
Thanks!

Offline Trytols

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: May 05, 2018, 05:21:16 am »
I've found a bug. This is the ruleset:

Code: [Select]
- type: STR_MEDAL_REVIVE
    description: STR_MEDAL_REVIVE_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 42
    criteria:
      totalSoldierRevives: [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3]

the "totalSoldierRevives" criteria is not working. All soldiers will get Angel's cross medal each mission.

To correct the bug just delete "Soldier" in that criteria.

criteria:
      totalRevives: [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3]

Anyway, this bug is in Commendations mod itself, and has nothing to do with FMP.

Another small thing i noticed is that the item added in the mod, STIMS, is called "STR_STIMULANT" but that string is used by medikit and will be capitalized in ufopedia.

I solved that renaming that item "STR_STIMULANTS" 

- type: STR_STIMULANTS (in items.rul)

- id: STR_STIMULANTS (in ufopaedia.rul)

- STR_STIMULANTS (in extrastrings.rul)
- STR_STIMULANTS_UFOPEDIA (in extrastrings.rul)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: May 05, 2018, 05:37:32 am »
I've found a bug. This is the ruleset:

criteria:
      totalSoldierRevives: [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3]

the "totalSoldierRevives" criteria is not working. All soldiers will get Angel's cross medal each mission.

To correct the bug just delete "Soldier" in that criteria.

You need the latest nightly as of openxcom_git_master_2018_04_24_2218.  This "totalSoldierRevives" was added to fix the Angel Cross being awarded to non-soldier revives.

The behavior you describe is exactly what happens when you have the latest Commendations against an older nightly.  Since the variable doesn't exist in older nightlies, it's hitting random memory accesses with random numbers therefore random awards of Angel Cross.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:50:21 am by jgatkinsn »