Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581173 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2595 on: June 12, 2017, 07:50:07 pm »
Hi, guys. Amazing mod! Thank you!

There is a bug in battlescape. North walls of battleship always missed. Screenshots attached

Code: [Select]
    battlescapeTerrainData:
      name: UFO_160
      mapDataSets:
        - BLANKS
        - U_EXT02
        - U_WALL02
        - U_PODS
        - U_BITS
        - UFOL83

Add UFOL83 towards the Battleship terraindata.
It is missing there.

Line 567 in ufos_FMP.rul

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2596 on: June 12, 2017, 08:20:41 pm »
Hi, guys. Amazing mod! Thank you!

Thanks!

There is a bug in battlescape. North walls of battleship always missed. Screenshots attached

Add UFOL83 towards the Battleship terraindata.
It is missing there.

Line 567 in ufos_FMP.rul

Thanks... But how did this happen? No idea!

Anyway, attaching a quick fix.

I liked the all enemy types much more. They are very good and balanced and way cool. New colors and armors of the races are awesome. MiB is very nice and when I go for first terror mission with sectobots and laser tanks it was a great mission to play. There is so many types of enemies, it's hard to find them in short term. So some races disappear for long time periods at later. I did not see at reptilian at late. Mutton are unique too.

Thank you. I was aiming for races which are actually unique to some degree, not just more numerous.

There is something lacking at stun weapons. Ranged stun weapons are very weak so you need to go melee mostly. But getting and Armour for melee fight is hard too. Ellerim mace got a big problem about stunning because even with tons of hits u can't stun a mutton or ethereal. Stun stick is still better option. I don't know what is the problem.

Perhaps just bad luck, since the weapon looks okay in the ruleset. I can't really say.

At research chain, there is a huge randomization. You need to get very important researches from mostly engineer and leaders. But if you are unlucky u get only crap ones. I am at very late game but I still did not get alien electronics and without it I can't create many essential researches. I can't even craft advanced rocket launcher. Same goes to explosives, I get the fusion explosives so late that I stuck with high explosives for decades. This randomization needs a balance. You can give some essential research to navigators and medics. You can erase lame old ufo infos from engineer. This is a serious point.

Is it the ame in every campaign. If yes, then something is wrong. If no, then it is as designed.

All of the negative reviews I done about weapon types are gone when I get nuclear lasers and rail weapons. Scatter laser is well balanced minigun, so I thing early hmgs should need a accuracy buff to be useful. Same for heavy weapons and snipers, they need to be a bit faster and more dps.

Maybe, I have been balancing them for ages. :D (OXCE+ options would be a big help...)

Rail guns are the coolest weapons I ever see. They are very useful. Lasers are nice but they could get a buff when fusion weapons researched. Now there is fusion weapons research but it does not give anything new.

You mean even better lasers? I guess it's doable... But are they really needed?

MiB is cool as I said but they did not add anything new to the tech tree as I see. So they are a bit useless. I think they can be linked some important research.

May happen. I'm rethinking them a bit.

At terror missions, the numbers of terror units are as much as normal units. It's good to have much terror units as they are created for it but still normal units should be a bit more. At MiB terror mission I killed about 6 tank and about same numbers of humans.

These are vanilla settings, more or less.
What difficulty are you playing?

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: June 12, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »
It's nice to see any more plans about it.

I worked on some weapon images today. Maybe u like them. I would like to see work on more TFTD images to make them fit UFO but i don't have the TFTD default images and i failed to get them from PCK's badly :).

As the default weapon branch i would like to see more default style images. I looked for awesome weapons mod and it has awesome default weapon style shotgun, snipers, and so on.. anyway.. just an idea..

As more laser weapons.. probably not, but plasma weapons can have a second tier.. awesome weapons plasma weapons are well fit too... for now rail weapons are much better then all weapons. But the solution is at the enemies resistances. If you make more solid differences between enemy races resistances, all weapons will be usefull regardless of stats. For example if mutons became only laser vulnerable (like %30 plasma/ap damage) then even your first laser weapons became essential. So you would need to gear up against the every enemies. With this method you can make every final tier weapons (plasma/ rail/ nuclear) stats nearly same with specialties but easy to balance.

Mutons, etherals and other units, they dies with 2-3 rifle bullets with rails, nuclear laser and plasma rifles without much problem. So the resistances can create a huge difference at tactical approaches.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 12, 2017, 10:37:32 pm »
I worked on some weapon images today. Maybe u like them.

Yes, very nice.

I would like to see work on more TFTD images to make them fit UFO but i don't have the TFTD default images and i failed to get them from PCK's badly :).

Is there any image extractor available around?
If not, I can probably implement something over the weekend.

Offline Garich

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:53 pm »
Hi, guys. Amazing mod! Play second day and very happy to meet so much interesting things in this old game XCOM. Thank you for all.

I've found some bugs. Be cool if smbdy will patch them. Screenshots attached

1. There is a bug in battlescape. North walls of battleship always missed (1-2 Scrnshots). Solution here
2. Also maybe(?) missing walls in another ship. (3rd scrnshot)
3. Maybe bug with wood and brick walls in farm battlescape (4th)
4. Russian language went out the screen in Raider craft issue (5th)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:25:31 pm by Garich »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: June 13, 2017, 12:27:09 am »
Is there any image extractor available around?
If not, I can probably implement something over the weekend.

I can't found any extractor which works, or simple to use. So i worked on some more on the TFTD weapon files i can find here and there.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 13, 2017, 06:52:57 am »
4. Russian language went out the screen in Raider craft issue (5th)

Sorry for the problems with the Russian language. It's my fault. I just need to come back to work on the translation since it is out of date and contains numerous mistakes. I wanted to do that after I'd be happy with an XCF translation.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:37:38 am by Kammerer »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: June 13, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »
I would like to start from beginning but my modding hype kicked in again. I am mostly an image editor guy rather then coding or creating stuff from zero. As i said before, the vanilla feeling is very important to me so when i see some strange/unfitting art at a mod, it does not catch me. There is so many great, lore friendly designs at this forums.. sadly some of them buried for 2-3 years.

Anyway, this mod created the most rich vanilla feel at me so i want to add something to it, or rather then adding, advance the points already created.

MiB is a great edition with all their darker stuff which fits them well. I like darker stuff too. It gives much more atmosphere. probably for this reason, i like TFTD much more but sadly there is no mod with this caliber at TFTD and i don't have time to create one alone.

As a vanilla game lover and laser maniac, i could never like the laser weapons because of their strange shapes and not fitting rifles (as art). Laser weapons should have more darker with more lights in it for my taste. I checked some vanilla laser concepts done by other people still i just can't find something for me. The nuclear lasers are nice concepts but they are a bit forced to try to be different, or it's me maybe. And they are not black!!! :)

Anyway, for short, i edited the default laser weapons and add some news from here and there. I think they are way cooler then original and fits to MiB very well. The problem is, yellow color. It's very hard to create something yellow with the UFO color palette, every yellow wanna be orange at final palette infusing. I managed it some manual editing.

And i think we can use different laser colors. Nuclear lasers can have red beams. Some one got red beams i can use?

I hope you like them. I made all images needed. I still need TFTD images to work on them thoe..

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:42:52 pm by drages »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: June 13, 2017, 08:35:12 pm »
I can't found any extractor which works, or simple to use. So i worked on some more on the TFTD weapon files i can find here and there.

Attached are all TFTD bigobs, extracted directly from BIGOBS.PCK.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: June 13, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »
Attached are all TFTD bigobs, extracted directly from BIGOBS.PCK.

Thank you! Can i have hand and floor ones too?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: June 13, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »
Thank you! Can i have hand and floor ones too?

Sure, here you go.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: June 14, 2017, 07:17:42 pm »
Sure, here you go.

Thank you again! But if it won't be much... can i have all the images (not map related ones) from UFO and TFTD from you? so i can mix them all..both aliens, vehicles, plane images.. all :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:00 am »
Thank you again! But if it won't be much... can i have all the images (not map related ones) from UFO and TFTD from you? so i can mix them all..both aliens, vehicles, plane images.. all :)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:20:47 am by Meridian »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: June 16, 2017, 08:59:29 am »

Thank you very much. Those will help me very well.

What should I do if I want to convert this mod to xce+? Is it a very long progress?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:01:20 am by drages »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: June 16, 2017, 10:39:59 am »
What should I do if I want to convert this mod to xce+? Is it a very long progress?

I try to keep OXCE+ backwards-compatible with vanilla... so ideally, you don't have to do anything to convert :)

Right now, there is one incompatibility (the Commendations ruleset), in OXCE+ it is still a bit older than in latest vanilla. You can fix that by using the Commendations ruleset from an earlier FMP version (1.9.6 or earlier).

However, I think Solarius wanted to keep FMP compatible with vanilla, i.e. not use any extended features... something to consider.