aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580378 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2385 on: October 03, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »
Mod version I'm using 1.9.3a.

OpenXCOM version Nightly 2016-09-25 17:26

Current FMP version is 1.9.4a ::)

Offline ZephyrWindstar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 03, 2016, 06:02:49 pm »
That's odd, since I downloaded from the link and it just gave me 1.9.3a

Edit: Downloading the new one now. The link in the start post is still 1.9.3a, just used the link from the mod site and it gave me 1.9.4a.

Apologies.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:06:14 pm by ZephyrWindstar »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 03, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
That's odd, since I downloaded from the link and it just gave me 1.9.3a

Edit: Downloading the new one now. The link in the start post is still 1.9.3a, just used the link from the mod site and it gave me 1.9.4a.

Apologies.

No, I'm the one who should apologize, I forgot to delete that temporary link.

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 04, 2016, 10:49:39 am »
Hello.

At the request of my friend I made a translation of the final mod-pack (V1.9.4a) and corrected some mistakes in my own language (hun).

If you think it would be appropriate to be added to the installer, so it would be translated into several languages, this is still one of the great game.

Regards: F.E.K.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4_Fy9Q2o056RFlhMlU2cXhnZXM?usp=sharing

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 04, 2016, 11:38:07 am »
Hello.

At the request of my friend I made a translation of the final mod-pack (V1.9.4a) and corrected some mistakes in my own language (hun).

If you think it would be appropriate to be added to the installer, so it would be translated into several languages, this is still one of the great game.

Regards: F.E.K.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4_Fy9Q2o056RFlhMlU2cXhnZXM?usp=sharing

Awesome.

Thank you! I'll attach it to the next release, whenever that happens. I'd do it now, but the website doesn't seem to like it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:03:42 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 09, 2016, 10:31:14 pm »
Hi. I'm playing 1.9.4a on the latest nightly and I'm seeing some weird issues:

Firstly, there seems to be very little variety in alien races. I'm in November 1999 and for months now all I've been seeing is MiB with a smattering of Sectoids from time to time. There were also Floaters and Anthropods early on and even a Reptoid UFO (once), but they disappeared. Now it's just mostly MiB. In 1.5.1 (the previous version I played) I was seeing a lot more races such as Mutons and Ethereals, but I haven't seen those at all so far. Also, all the UFOs I'm seeing are small, nothing bigger than that. The aliens also don't seem to be building bases. I'm really not sure what's going on here. Any advice?

Secondly, it is impossible to capture a MiB Commander. The reason for this is that, apparently, the Commander turns into a Coordinator when he is stunned. Notice the difference between a live and dead version of the exact same enemy:

This has got to be some kind of bug, right? It's not me doing something wrong, is it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 10, 2016, 12:52:01 am »
Hi, and thanks for the info!

Firstly, there seems to be very little variety in alien races. I'm in November 1999 and for months now all I've been seeing is MiB with a smattering of Sectoids from time to time. There were also Floaters and Anthropods early on and even a Reptoid UFO (once), but they disappeared. Now it's just mostly MiB. In 1.5.1 (the previous version I played) I was seeing a lot more races such as Mutons and Ethereals, but I haven't seen those at all so far. Also, all the UFOs I'm seeing are small, nothing bigger than that. The aliens also don't seem to be building bases. I'm really not sure what's going on here. Any advice?

This part seems like natural RNG shenanigans. I haven't changed mission structure for ages, so apparently you just suffer from a MiB phase. This can happen with any faction. If the problem persists for another 2-3 game months, please inform me.

Secondly, it is impossible to capture a MiB Commander. The reason for this is that, apparently, the Commander turns into a Coordinator when he is stunned. Notice the difference between a live and dead version of the exact same enemy:

(...)

This has got to be some kind of bug, right? It's not me doing something wrong, is it?

It took me quite a bit of time to examine this problem and wow, indeed there are some subtle discrepancies between units, armours, items (for living and dead MiBs) and names. In short, some names were a bit misleading. I rewrote MiB rank labels and I hope it'll work now. (Which means whenever I manage to upload the damn mod. If this continues, I'll have to migrate to MediaFire or something again.)

Thanks for the info!

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 10, 2016, 01:03:41 am »
Yep, I think you're probably right on the RNG thing. Right after I posted that I got a whole bunch of large UFOs of varying types, heh. Still Sectoids though, but I suppose I'll just soldier on. Thanks anyway!

Apropos, the awards seem to be a little wonky here and there too. For instance, a lot of my people are getting the Taking Names award despite not meeting the criteria (several ranks missing from the list). I looked at the rule for that particular award though, and it seems to be written properly, so maybe this is an issue with the awards system itself. But oh well, I don't mind. I think the awards are great, and I'm not gonna complain if my soldiers get a few more of them.

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »

Awesome.

Thank you! I'll attach it to the next release, whenever that happens. I'd do it now, but the website doesn't seem to like it.

I'm glad to find it useful ;)

Have a nice day!

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 13, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »
Aye - the RNG can be a pain - I extended out my last playthrough to 100% research everything and I never once saw the gazers - had to get all their research through medics and the like.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 17, 2016, 11:55:34 pm »
I updated to the latest nightly today and got an error at the end of a mission. The error has to do with the recent changes regarding "missing mod content". The error:
[17-10-2016_22-47-29]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Item STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN not found
[17-10-2016_22-47-36]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Item STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN not found

I inspected my save and there are 110 instances of "STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN" in there, in the kill lists. Now, I don't know if this is a legitimate issue with the mod, or if this is the bleeding edge of OpenXcom itself that's causing the problem, but I figure I'd better bring it up here first, and if the mod's not the problem I can kick it over to the OCX bug tracker. Either way, it seems to be fine if I don't use the latest nightly.

I've attached my save. Just kill the last enemy to finish the mission and the error will pop up.

Edit: Forgot to mention, that save relies on a couple of small mods I made for myself, a custom version of the statstrings and a tweak mod to the FMP. Neither of them are really relevant here, it's just some adjusted numbers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:08:22 am by BTAxis »

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 18, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »
Hi BTAxis
It's the commit from 16/10. It says
SupSuper, Sun Oct 16 20:50:38 2016
Add error messages for missing mod content, this should hopefully make it easier for modders to catch typos.

Please report if you get "not found" errors incorrectly.

The STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN is not from FMP, but vanilla, I think it dates from some time, having something to do with the diaries part - hard to follow due to directory reorganization...

I think you can safely post a bug...

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 18, 2016, 08:06:05 pm »
Well, I posted about it on the tracker, we'll see.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 21, 2016, 05:04:30 am »
I have a strange bug (?), I think.

Look at the attached file.

I always get an error starting up the game. In line 8, column 9. It says "illegal map value."
Ln 8, Col 9 is, by the way, the colon (!).

A
I just copy/pasted from the commendations_FMP.rul file in the first place.
This file works just fine. Never had any problems with it.
With the exception of faulty commendations, but that has nothing to do with this.

B
I tried deleting/replacing the colon itself.
No change.

C
I tried deleting the whole line, writing it myself.
No change.

I may be a bit tired, overlooking the obvious.
Would be nice if someome could point out the obvious for me, in that case.   :-[

Sincerely
Kjotleik

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 22, 2016, 07:11:01 am »

I always get an error starting up the game. In line 8, column 9. It says "illegal map value."
Ln 8, Col 9 is, by the way, the colon (!).

The real error is just ABOVE. The 'delete' key shall be indented like the 'type' key on the reported line (including the preceding dash).