Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580215 times)

Offline wortkarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »
There are two entries for STR_BLASTER_BOMB in manufacture_FMP.rul. A bug perhaps?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2221 on: April 13, 2016, 12:14:05 am »
There are two entries for STR_BLASTER_BOMB in manufacture_FMP.rul. A bug perhaps?

Oops. Thanks, will be fixed.

Offline wortkarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:10 pm »
Hi Solarius. I am developing a command line tool that generates Ufopedia from .rul/.yml files (Java).
You can select the mods (comma-separated list) and the tool generates the Ufopedia for this mods (articles + filterable tables).
It was intended mainly for FMP, but can be used with any mod (Openxcom Nightly Ruleset).
Roadmap:
- Table views (filtering, sorting etc.)
- Article views (like https://ufopaedia.org)
- Categories: units, items (weapons, armors etc.), crafts, craft weapons, base facilities, manufacturing (with profit), research, general Ufopedia articles

Low prio TODOs/nice to have:
- Openxcom Extended Ruleset support
- Research tree diagram

Do you have any suggestions? Have i missed something?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 13, 2016, 02:06:44 pm »
More tools are always welcome, though I personally think making Ufopedia articles is so trivial that using an automatic tool is more hassle than doing it by hand, but you can never be sure how it turns out in the end.
If I was to choose a tool to be created, I'd probably stick with an update on Falko's tools: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2349.0.html These are immensely useful, but some of them are outdated.
As for the sorting stuff, Meridian already did it for OXCE: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.0.html; you may find it helpful.

Offline wortkarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 13, 2016, 03:26:17 pm »
More tools are always welcome, though I personally think making Ufopedia articles is so trivial that using an automatic tool is more hassle than doing it by hand
Making Ufopedia articles is trivial? Hmm. There are ca 400 items in FMP, ca 180 manufacturing entries etc. I personally would need a couple of months to do it by hand.
Pros of the tool:
- you can generate a whole Ufopedia with one click
- you can use any mod combination
- you can use multiple template "themes" (tables, articles etc.)
- some data can be calculated automatically (manufacturing profit, weapon effectiveness, psi-defence, average armor strength etc.)
- you can easily compare two or more items (or units, or ...) in the table view (select the rows and click "show only selected rows")
- you don't need to track the changes and modify ufopedia by hand for each change (simply execute the tool)

If I was to choose a tool to be created, I'd probably stick with an update on Falko's tools: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2349.0.html These are immensely useful, but some of them are outdated.
It was intended to be used by gamers (and modders). I play the FMP and i miss the FMP-Ufopedia. In-game Ufopedia has only basic infos (no weapon weights, dropoff, no table view etc.). If i need to find a good item to manufacture for profit, i need to go through all items and compare them. It's annoying.

I have planed a second tool - Ruleset Batch Modifier. You can define the rules to modify the Rule-Files. With this tool you can modify existing mods, e.g.
- increase the armor of the aliens (leave the good armored aliens unchanged and give the weaker aliens better armor (e.g. +50%)).
- replace all weak weapons in deployments with more powerful (this mod can be activated in the late game)

As for the sorting stuff, Meridian already did it for OXCE: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.0.html; you may find it helpful.
I have not found the sortable tables in this thread. Not for FMP anyway. Have i missed them somehow?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 13, 2016, 04:24:32 pm »
OK sure, give it a try and we'll see what happens.

I have not found the sortable tables in this thread. Not for FMP anyway. Have i missed them somehow?

It wasn't for FMP, but OXCE. I meant that you could use his code maybe.

EDIT: I moved all posts regarding GitHub to a new topic. It will be way easier to continue there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:52:34 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 16, 2016, 06:55:40 am »
EDIT: I moved all posts regarding GitHub to a new topic. It will be way easier to continue there.
Hi, Solarius
Would be useful to mention the GIT repo in your first post, and state maybe also the date of your last FMP package upload there (I mean the dropbox or whatever link). Thanks.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:22 pm »
Hi, Solarius
Would be useful to mention the GIT repo in your first post, and state maybe also the date of your last FMP package upload there (I mean the dropbox or whatever link). Thanks.

OK, done!

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 22, 2016, 10:43:43 am »
The Final Mod Pack on the home page is not updated. Secondly, Is there a way, the secondary High Quality Sounds Mod to integrate fixed? This is only 3.5 MB in size and improves the FMP significantly!
The sniper rifle makes there is no longer just "Plop" it does "Wrooommm". Even the dog sounds is much more realistic! ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:46:28 am by Ashert »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:39 am »
The Final Mod Pack on the home page is not updated.

I know.
It would be if the site's fancy Flash-based uploader worked. But it's been down for months and and this point I'm pretty much ignoring its existence, like every other modder.

Secondly, Is there a way, the secondary High Quality Sounds Mod to integrate fixed? This is only 3.5 MB in size and improves the FMP significantly!
The sniper rifle makes there is no longer just "Plop" it does "Wrooommm". Even the dog sounds is much more realistic! ;D

Yes, but I prefer to leave this decision to the player, since many people have a strong preference to the traditional theme. But I did steal a few sounds from the High Quality Sounds Mod. :)

Offline wortkarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 27, 2016, 01:55:03 pm »
I have an idea. How about a HWP with no weapon, but very well protected (armor 180-200?). It can be used as a moving obstacle to hide behind (+relatively safe scouting).

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 27, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »
I have an idea. How about a HWP with no weapon, but very well protected (armor 180-200?). It can be used as a moving obstacle to hide behind (+relatively safe scouting).

I often thought about that idea, too.
It could also have some kind of shield-mechanism. It is technically possible to mod a unit that spawns in place where another one dies. That could (in theory) be used to look like a shielded unit losing its shield and then driving/moving on without it. IIRC the war-of-shadows mod beta had an Ethereal leader with a shield. Why not adopt thatmmechanism  for the tank wortkarg proposed...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 27, 2016, 05:19:07 pm »
I often thought about that idea, too.
It could also have some kind of shield-mechanism. It is technically possible to mod a unit that spawns in place where another one dies. That could (in theory) be used to look like a shielded unit losing its shield and then driving/moving on without it. IIRC the war-of-shadows mod beta had an Ethereal leader with a shield. Why not adopt thatmmechanism  for the tank wortkarg proposed...

You mean using the zombification mechanics? Yeah, I think it should be doable, but there are many questions that can only be answered with trials and tests (does it work on mechanical units, does it work on large units. is the new unit properly aligned with X-Com, etc.).

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 27, 2016, 05:40:48 pm »
In terms of gameplay, for HWPs which automatically heal at end of fight, this is not so different from having lots of Hit Points.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 27, 2016, 07:43:55 pm »
Well, it does work with big units and they can even spawn a small unit then (it does so in the war-of-shadows mod). Not sure about the alignment, but my gut says it will work fine  ;)

In terms of gameplay, for HWPs which automatically heal at end of fight, this is not so different from having lots of Hit Points.

true, but it would look great!  :)