aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580834 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #1920 on: September 21, 2015, 11:52:21 pm »
The download link has a special character again and thus is not downloadable.... Jo5hua if you're out there, it would be really nice to fix this at some point.... please.

Re-uploaded the mod.

BTW the new plasma blades have plasma weapons calibration as the only prerequisite. In the future I might add more requirements to produce them.

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:25 pm »
Had a very large ship landing. Assaulted it and it turned out to be a giant MIB base of sorts. With Laser HWP's and Enforcers and the likes. I assume this is normal?

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 29, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »
This looks like another one that I am going to give a try with my cheat modes ...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 29, 2015, 05:32:19 pm »
Had a very large ship landing. Assaulted it and it turned out to be a giant MIB base of sorts. With Laser HWP's and Enforcers and the likes. I assume this is normal?

Yeah. This will be revamped later, using the new TFTD mechanics, but for now it works as a UFO - though it should spawn already landed.

This looks like another one that I am going to give a try with my cheat modes ...

But any bug reports will be treated suspiciously. :)

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:06 pm »
Yeah. This will be revamped later, using the new TFTD mechanics, but for now it works as a UFO - though it should spawn already landed.

It had spawned landed. My mistake for not making that clear. I was just a tad confused was all at the time of it happening. :D

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: October 02, 2015, 10:45:19 pm »
Hi.
Don't know if it's appropriate to post it here, since I think is also vanilla behavior (not sure, though), but...
I managed to mind control a terror unit (it's weapon ruleset item bigSprite being -2). Once selected to do some damage with... CTD, since no protection in RuleItem::drawHandSprite.
Solved by adding a new ruleset containing a good bigSprite (along with it's copypasta from FMP).
I think for this cases some BIGOBS additions are in order (not an artist myself) for the terror weapons...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 03, 2015, 12:49:41 pm »
Hi.
Don't know if it's appropriate to post it here, since I think is also vanilla behavior (not sure, though), but...
I managed to mind control a terror unit (it's weapon ruleset item bigSprite being -2). Once selected to do some damage with... CTD, since no protection in RuleItem::drawHandSprite.
Solved by adding a new ruleset containing a good bigSprite (along with it's copypasta from FMP).
I think for this cases some BIGOBS additions are in order (not an artist myself) for the terror weapons...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Just to clarify, you mean that using vanilla fixed weapons crashes the game while modded fixed weapons do not, am I understanding this correctly? (Can't test it ATM.) If so, I can look at this, sure.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:32:51 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 03, 2015, 06:52:55 pm »
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Just to clarify, you mean that using vanilla fixed weapons crashes the game while modded fixed weapons do not, am I understanding correctly? (Can't test it ATM.) If so, I can look at this, sure.
Hi. No. I think both could crash it. Not sure if it actually happens in vanilla.  Maybe in debug mode when selecting a terror unit with livingWeapon which has usually it's  bigSprite to -2. Now in vanilla there may be a protection against negative numbers, but in mods the bigSprite is calculated as modIndexĂ—1000+bigSprite from ruleset(modIndex being the mod place in the current mod list). This applies for All non vanilla sprites. And also to the corresponding resources. Then it may be also a programming glitch.
I mind controlled a cryssalid in FMP and a MIB sectopod. And both crashed when selected, until I  created a supplementary minimod where I  put the unit's weapon bigSprite to 93 (a tank turret in FMP) and also added in the minimod the same resource line from FMP. And now it works, the game is stable and as a bonus I have some nice turrets in the cryssalid 's right hand.....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:31:47 pm by gix »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 03, 2015, 09:00:33 pm »
Hmmm, thanks. I'll think about it, that's what I can promise.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 04, 2015, 09:12:56 pm »
I have just tried out Plasma Blades and I have to say I am very disappointed... either the accuracy is very low, or RNG gods are mocking me... you'll be able to see it in episode #114 when it comes out (in about 2 weeks).
I had waspites under psi control, hitting them mostly from behind, sometimes from the side.

Stats on soldiers:

Kjotleik: melee accuracy 40 (this is the maximum you can start with I think)
miss: 6
hit: 4
kill: 2

Merlin: melee accuracy 39 (almost max)
miss: 8
hit: 3
kill: 1

Shinobi: melee accuracy 25
miss: 9
hit: 1
kill: 0

Total: 23 attempts => 3 kills ... WTF? Scatter laser across the whole map is more effective than that...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »
Well, these are fairly low melee accuracy values. Currently this stat is initially 20 - 60, which means that you need to be careful who you are equipping with melee weapons, and even the best ones are only so-so at the beginning.
On the other hand, some alien species are melee experts, so they employ these weapons quite effectively (or should, this is still largely untested).
To sum up, plasma weapons are not useless, but problematic. Otherwise they would be too good.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 04, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »
Hmmm... out of my total of 104 soldiers, currently the best has melee stat of 41.

There is just no reason to use melee weapons for me then (except for stun rod, which seems to always hit). To survive 20+ missions and actually 20+ close encounters without reaction fire (to train the skill) seems impossible to me...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 05, 2015, 01:41:44 am »
Hmmm... out of my total of 104 soldiers, currently the best has melee stat of 41.

There is just no reason to use melee weapons for me then (except for stun rod, which seems to always hit). To survive 20+ missions and actually 20+ close encounters without reaction fire (to train the skill) seems impossible to me...

Actually, I have to correct myself: initial melee is 20-70, not 20-60.
And it works like that. I've just tested it - melee 60+ is pretty common among rookies (a minority of course, but still).
Is it possible that there's some issue with versions?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1933 on: October 05, 2015, 02:31:25 am »
Soldier's stats are rolled when he's recruited, if these were recruited before Solar buffed soldier's Melee (which was quite recently), they will have their Melee in 20...40 range...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 05, 2015, 10:23:05 am »
Soldier's stats are rolled when he's recruited, if these were recruited before Solar buffed soldier's Melee (which was quite recently), they will have their Melee in 20...40 range...

Ah, you're right! Just checked, it was added only in v1.7. Since then I recruited only about 10 soldiers (I guess they were unlucky) and the rest is pre 1.7.