aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580964 times)

Offline Sanatyr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1830 on: August 12, 2015, 06:30:27 pm »
Hey, I think there is some contradiction in the Gauss UFOpedia entries regarding overheating and autofire:

STR_GAUSS_WEAPONS_UFOPEDIA: "Gauss weapons feature a powerful coil which propels small projectiles using electromagnetic force. Gauss bullets are much faster than traditional bullets, and therefore much more powerful, but also have a rather short range, since they quickly burn up in the atmosphere. Due to the extreme heat produced by Gauss weapons they are capable of automatic fire."

STR_GAUSS_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA: "An extended and modified version of the Gauss Pistol, the Gauss Rifle is a very accurate and extremely powerful hand weapon.  The bullets' small size allow for a large clip that takes long to deplete.  The weapon's obvious downside is lack of autofire setting, as it would cause instant overheating."

The first one is probably a typo, should probably read like this:

STR_GAUSS_WEAPONS_UFOPEDIA: ...Due to the extreme heat produced by Gauss weapons they are incapable/not capable of automatic fire."

Also, now that Laser Cannons have an elerium cost, are motion scanners basically the best thing to manufacture for profit?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1831 on: August 12, 2015, 07:46:03 pm »
Hello Solarius,

may i interest you in something devious and devilish for the FMP?

If so click here

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1832 on: August 12, 2015, 11:57:24 pm »
Hey, I think there is some contradiction in the Gauss UFOpedia entries regarding overheating and autofire:

STR_GAUSS_WEAPONS_UFOPEDIA: "Gauss weapons feature a powerful coil which propels small projectiles using electromagnetic force. Gauss bullets are much faster than traditional bullets, and therefore much more powerful, but also have a rather short range, since they quickly burn up in the atmosphere. Due to the extreme heat produced by Gauss weapons they are capable of automatic fire."

STR_GAUSS_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA: "An extended and modified version of the Gauss Pistol, the Gauss Rifle is a very accurate and extremely powerful hand weapon.  The bullets' small size allow for a large clip that takes long to deplete.  The weapon's obvious downside is lack of autofire setting, as it would cause instant overheating."

The first one is probably a typo, should probably read like this:

STR_GAUSS_WEAPONS_UFOPEDIA: ...Due to the extreme heat produced by Gauss weapons they are incapable/not capable of automatic fire."

Yes, indeed. A funny one. Thanks.

Also, now that Laser Cannons have an elerium cost, are motion scanners basically the best thing to manufacture for profit?

I dunno, I never cared about such stuff. I just made the prices look okay.

Hello Solarius,

may i interest you in something devious and devilish for the FMP?

If so click here

Devilish, yes. ;) I'll think about something.

Offline tomchiconi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: August 13, 2015, 01:38:05 am »
Hello,
I got kinda stuck as I spent alien electronics I got early in the game on the stormtrooper armors and now I cannot build Avenger to finish the game. Tried raiding base and landed ufos, but got nothing. I am one year in the game and have pretty much everything but the 1 electronics part to build the avenger.
Also please reduce the gain for HWP gauss and rail shells (I pretty much stop there as I made buttload of money and did not need to bother anymore, perhaps there are others imba items). They earn 340 per human hour so it is game breaking (and I cannot resist :)). I believe there are more. Ideally cap for the production should be 50 $/h balance wise.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: August 13, 2015, 03:08:40 am »
gold ship 1 whole game?

Offline Ky3bMu4

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: August 13, 2015, 08:27:24 am »
Hello!
Thank you, this is a great mod! But i've encountered an issue. Some event appears at 21 feb 1999 (6:11:30am) that crashes the game:
"Assertion failed!...
File: Ruleset/RuleRegion.cpp
Line: 216
Expression 0 && "Invalid zone number"

I can't determine what and where appears, so i attach my savegame. Hope someone can help me to work this out.
Got the last version of OpenXcom (1.0 GIT, 2015-08-12), FMP ver1.6.2. No other mods installed, only FMP.

Thanks in advance!

Offline tomchiconi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: August 13, 2015, 11:15:52 am »
Where can I get 1 alien electronics to finish the game? I spent mine and cannot get a new one no matter what.
I tried destroying cyberdiscs by AP, laser, explosions. Advanced and basic MIBs, killing sectopods by melee and whatnot. I let all possible ufos that land and finished the mission. I destroyed alien base. Still no electronics. I got nothing after I researched it and as I did waste it on 2 stormtroopers armors I cannot finish the game now as I cannot build Avenger. This is kinda game-breaking.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:05:09 pm by tomchiconi »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: August 13, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »
Where can I get 1 alien electronics to finish the game? I spent mine and cannot get a new one no matter what.

You can extract it from:
- MiB Stormtrooper corpse
- Sectopod corpse
- Cybermite corpse
- Cyberdisc corpse

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: August 13, 2015, 06:04:05 pm »
Hello,
I got kinda stuck as I spent alien electronics I got early in the game on the stormtrooper armors and now I cannot build Avenger to finish the game. Tried raiding base and landed ufos, but got nothing. I am one year in the game and have pretty much everything but the 1 electronics part to build the avenger.

Like Meridian said, you can "make" Alien Electronics by disassembling certain units. It's not exactly easy, but perfectly doable.

Also please reduce the gain for HWP gauss and rail shells (I pretty much stop there as I made buttload of money and did not need to bother anymore, perhaps there are others imba items). They earn 340 per human hour so it is game breaking (and I cannot resist :)). I believe there are more. Ideally cap for the production should be 50 $/h balance wise.

Sure, I'll fix that. Since I never produced for money, I'm not very good at balancing this.

gold ship 1 whole game?

Can you please rephrase it in English?

If you mean you've only encountered one such ship in your campaign, then it's pretty normal - this is supposed to be rare.

Hello!
Thank you, this is a great mod! But i've encountered an issue. Some event appears at 21 feb 1999 (6:11:30am) that crashes the game:
"Assertion failed!...
File: Ruleset/RuleRegion.cpp
Line: 216
Expression 0 && "Invalid zone number"

Ouch. I can't say what it is straight away, since I won't have the time to check before the weekend, but it's probably something like a terror mission in a region with no cities. To continue, I suggest opening your save in a text editor (I recommend EditPad or Notepad++) and deleting all alien missions, just in case. New missions will be spawned next month.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: August 13, 2015, 06:19:29 pm »
Ouch. I can't say what it is straight away, since I won't have the time to check before the weekend, but it's probably something like a terror mission in a region with no cities. To continue, I suggest opening your save in a text editor (I recommend EditPad or Notepad++) and deleting all alien missions, just in case. New missions will be spawned next month.

But he should post the missions here too, so we can have a look and diagnose if it might be that ;) If he just deletes them, we will never know and then someone else might run into the same bug!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 13, 2015, 06:25:04 pm »
But he should post the missions here too, so we can have a look and diagnose if it might be that ;) If he just deletes them, we will never know and then someone else might run into the same bug!

Ky3bMu4 attached the save, so I hope I will post it when I know the cause. ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 13, 2015, 06:31:23 pm »
Ah! Missed that! All good then :D Onwards to a bug free FMP!

Offline tomchiconi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:24 am »
I totally forgot that I need to dismantle the sectopod/cyberdisc/MIB stormtrooper ... oops :). Anyway I edited my save earlier and finished the game in like 10 minutes (got kinda OP squad). I play UFO for almost 20 years (all 7,5 strat. games) and I must admit a really enjoyed it with your mod so kudos. Can't wait for the new X-com2 now :)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:41 pm »
I mean that's the ship
He appeared only once. For the past five years, it is not, it is a norm?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 15, 2015, 09:33:05 am »
Yes, this one is intentionally very rare.