aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580441 times)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1380 on: May 01, 2015, 08:19:44 am »
I think I might have a bug report! I assaulted a landed small UFO, and the first turn I saw a muton facing away from the Skyranger right next to the open cockpit.  I sent one of my attack dogs it in to attack it in the back and draw the muton's reaction fire. But the muton never reacted to any of the 5+ bite attacks, even up to it's death.

I save scummed and confirmed it did turn around when troops shot at it, meaning it did have time units for reaction fire. But the enemy didn't register the dog's attacks as something it would fire against. This doesn't seem like it should be doing that.

Melee attacks do not trigger reaction fire if you keep yourself out of enemy LOS.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1381 on: May 01, 2015, 12:49:20 pm »
That is very strange, they used to.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 01, 2015, 05:14:46 pm »
Hi, everyone!

A new version of the Russian translation is ready. It contains numerous error and bugfixes (such as a too long text of some topics) and the translation of newly added lines since the 0.9 version of the FMP.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1383 on: May 01, 2015, 07:14:47 pm »
Thanks Kammerer, I pulled it in.

And now, 1.3 is online.

• Aliens can now use explosives from turn 1.
  • Sniper rifles are now less accurate on extremely short distances.
  • Fixed the ruleset to follow latest nightly.

Not much, but significant stuff. :)

Offline Unstorpable

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 02, 2015, 12:19:25 am »
Melee attacks do not trigger reaction fire if you keep yourself out of enemy LOS.

That doesn't seem very intuitive, to be honest. If a unit is being attacked, they should at least turn around to face where the damage is coming from. It doesn't make sense for a enemy to sit there passively while being attacked, especially when they do have the TU to do so. I've actually noticed that this kind of behavior seems to also be making attack dogs more powerful then I *think* they were designed to be, because they can sprint away from the skyranger and kill sentries facing away from the squad. If troopers were to engage, they would have to worry about the possibility of taking fire.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1385 on: May 02, 2015, 02:07:56 pm »
I think it qualifies for a bug report, it's an engine thing, not a mod thing.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 02, 2015, 02:29:25 pm »
Not sure if it's only upgrade problem on my side or a general issue, I'll report it anyway.
After researching Muton Corpse, I get STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ01 as next possible research instead of getting it for free.
Screenshot and savegame attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 02, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »
Not sure if it's only upgrade problem on my side or a general issue, I'll report it anyway.
After researching Muton Corpse, I get STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ01 as next possible research instead of getting it for free.
Screenshot and savegame attached.

It's an upgrade problem. Put 1 scientist on the job and it should be completed within a day. (Though it should be STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ1, not STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ01 - I assume it's a typo.)

Sounds like the next episode. :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 02, 2015, 02:50:17 pm »
It's an upgrade problem. Put 1 scientist on the job and it should be completed within a day. (Though it should be STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ1, not STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_C_PREQ01 - I assume it's a typo.)

Sounds like the next episode. :)

You're too quick, I wanted to edit my post :) I just tried it on a new game (cheated in Muton corpse and a couple of scientists) and it happens too. Save attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 02, 2015, 03:31:45 pm »
You're too quick, I wanted to edit my post :) I just tried it on a new game (cheated in Muton corpse and a couple of scientists) and it happens too. Save attached.

OK, you're right - there was a slight discrepancy that I didn't think would matter. I removed it and now it works.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:33:38 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 02, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »
Great, thanks.
I guess the other prerequisites will be fixed too in the next update (i.e. I don't need to report them).

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:28:00 am by arrakis69ct »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 03, 2015, 09:59:31 am »
translation update and corrected to spanish to last version

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ei7swvsw1yv7vo1/trans.txt

https://www.mediafire.com/download/dm4ykxbcrn96lyk/FinalModPack.rul

Awesome, thanks. Adding to the mod.
EDIT: I changed all Cuerpo Flotador variants to simply "Cuerpo Flotador" - without the Lider/Nav/etc. A dead Floater is a dead Floater. :)

Also, yesterday I added the AWACS mod by redv (with very minor tweaks to fit it in the FMP). Now I wonder if it should have any impact on normal base radars. (I used the normal AWACS ruleset, not the one with removed base radars, because I'm not really willing to go that far and I'm still on vanilla OXC, not Extended.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:52:26 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 03, 2015, 01:06:35 pm »
Awesome, thanks. Adding to the mod.
EDIT: I changed all Cuerpo Flotador variants to simply "Cuerpo Flotador" - without the Lider/Nav/etc. A dead Floater is a dead Floater. :)

Also, yesterday I added the AWACS mod by redv (with very minor tweaks to fit it in the FMP). Now I wonder if it should have any impact on normal base radars. (I used the normal AWACS ruleset, not the one with removed base radars, because I'm not really willing to go that far and I'm still on vanilla OXC, not Extended.)

Thx I have dude if they are needed to specific research XD

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 03, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »
I maybe the odd one of the bunch I think some of the mods in the FMP are lacking in quality in times. There is a point where having over twenty different types of weapon just makes the game more cluttered than fun. Just don't install things from FMP willy nilly, check the thread about the original mod for more info about and etc.

I'd appreciate some more info on this. Right now I have no idea what exactly is wrong.

I'm doing whatever I can to make all weapons different, and it's not like I'm taking whatever modders produce. Of course people who are ultra-purist will consider some of them superfluous, but I can't really satisfy them and I'm not planning to try.

Besides, everything in the FMP is meshed together, so you can't really install "things from FMP" any more than "things from TFTD". :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:36:34 pm by Solarius Scorch »