aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581063 times)

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1065 on: February 27, 2015, 01:05:36 pm »
1. maybe you should update the nightly requirement warning on the mod site to at least: openxcom_git_master_2015_02_12_0912.zip (because of the interception timers)

So, the Android users have to wait for an update :(. Grrr
Just finished XCOM: Enemy Within and wanted to go back to better game.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 27, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
Hello, everyone!

I've started the work on a new edition of the Russian translation. It's the first part of it and some sort of a demo-version. I'll continue the work and maybe make further corrections to this part but I think it's already better than the previous versions.

Update: some fixes of the errors; new translated lines.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:42:47 pm by Kammerer »

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 27, 2015, 03:01:16 pm »
Finally got around to testing .99 on linux

HandOb_BlasterBomb.png is referenced in the rul file as Handob_BlasterBomb.png, so it won't load on linux until you change HandOb_BlasterBomb.png->Handob_BlasterBomb.png  or alter the rul file to reference HandOb_BlasterBomb.png

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1068 on: February 27, 2015, 03:26:06 pm »
Just saw a Meridian Let`s Play FMP last episode (15th), and it looks like there is a hole in the 2nd floor of that Very Large Research/Lab ship, somewhere around it`s single ground floor entrance. You can see alien fire at around 25:53 and at 27:50 in the video.
It`s weird, because I remember it being patched up a long time ago.

...yes. I'll investigate.

Also a Commander probably should not be on that ship.

On the contrary, it's entirely possible. Research missions are crucial to the alien effort, much more than hauling stuff or terrorizing mugols, and the Lab Ship is the apex of a research mission.

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 28, 2015, 07:01:14 am »
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8a3xnmzm3pshynd/up1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/h1jv24ov7ur0kru/down2.png

As an aside: i forgot I had the pirates name folder still when running FMP but these names amuse me enough that I don't care.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:34 am »
Wow. X-Cows attack.

Now, my next dream is to include Chasers from UFO: Extraterrestrials as a new alien race:

It's just such a nice concept, an early race with high mobility and decent AP armour, but otherwise rather sucky. Making the sprite is a bit overwhelming though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:09:08 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline WaterHazard

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:56 pm »
Hi! Any possibilities of having Sonic weaponry from TFTD in-game?

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 02, 2015, 10:13:47 pm »
So I finished my version of the translation. If there are some bugs/errors, please, PM me and I'll try to correct them.

And also I'd like to say thanks to Solarius Scorch for his great work. Even the volume and the quality of the texts impresses, not to mention a gameplay part of the modpack.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 02, 2015, 11:41:51 pm »
So I finished my version of the translation. If there are some bugs/errors, please, PM me and I'll try to correct them.

And also I'd like to say thanks to Solarius Scorch for his great work. Even the volume and the quality of the texts impresses, not to mention a gameplay part of the modpack.

Looks great, do like.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 03, 2015, 02:24:41 pm »
Hi! Any possibilities of having Sonic weaponry from TFTD in-game?

It's not a technical problem, but how? Who would use it? Where would it fit? There's already many weapon types, and new ones still come up (I've just made the heretical move of giving aliens a laser rifle; but since the Sectopod has a laser too, I guess it's acceptable).

I would be more welcoming towards adding sonic weapons, but there are two issues:
1) Damage types are hardcoded now. We can't add a new damage type, and no damage type seems appropriate. Well, melee type maybe.
2) With TFTD coming up, I'm secretly hoping for some sort of a hybrid game. Therefore, I'd prefer to at least postpone sonic guns.

Thank you very much! I'll certainly use your version. And I'll probably have a couple new requests, with new content coming up in the next release.

Besides, the new version should be 1.0... :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1075 on: March 03, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »
Ey Solarius, is the FMP compatible with the newest nightly?

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:21 pm »
Hey, long time no see. I've started playing FMP again, and I'm running into some problems. I'm in October, and the game keeps crashing to desktop with no error message. I've fiddled around a bit, (reverting to earlier saves from the previous month, shooting down different UFOs, halting research, and so on), and no matter what I do, the game always crashes at approximately the same time. I've attached a copy of the save, and I was wondering if someone could look at it.

I'm running it on the 2-22 nightly, though I've also tried it on the newest version with the same result. FMP is version 0.9.9. In addition to FMP, i'm also using a few of the stock mods; psionic line of sight, improved ground tanks, improved heavy laser (which doesn't do anything as far as I can tell, i just forgot to take it off), always daytime, and improved high explosive damage.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 03, 2015, 11:47:34 pm »
Quick guess at the issue:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ALIEN_TERROR
    liveUfos: 0
    spawnCountdown: 540
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    nextWave: 3
    region: STR_ANTARCTICA
    uniqueID: 48
    race: STR_SNAKEMAN

Do you have cities in Antarctica? If you don't, you have a faulty version of the FMP that sends aliens (snakemen in this case) to terrorize Antarctica, only for them to get there and freeze to death looking for a place to terrorize.

I think Solarius solved that in a later version of the FMP. To redeem your save, I would suggest replacing STR_ANTARCTICA with STR_EUROPE or STR_NORTH_AMERICA, which will send the snakemen to a place where they can find civvies to terrorize.

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 04, 2015, 12:06:47 am »
Thank you Arthanor! That solved the problem. Unfortunately, now Paris is filled with zombies. Such is life.

That said, I'm definitely using the newest version of FMP, so it's a little odd that the issue is still there. The other new features added in .9.9 all work fine.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 04, 2015, 12:13:42 am »
I'm glad it works!

Removed Antarctica from the region list to avoid crashing.

Solarius did indeed do something in the version 0.9.9, but it looks like the mission still got assigned? Or did you upgrade the mod mid-game? If the terror mission was launched in a previous version, it was in its scouting waves and updating the mod (which presumably prevents the terror from being launched) won't fix the crash from an already launched mission.