Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1579996 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1050 on: February 24, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »
Any thoughts of working the awacs mod into FMP? Those mobile radar planes are super handy.

No, I'm not going to base it on any custom EXE at this point. Too many problems with updates.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:05 pm »
It is possible to add planes with large fuel reserve, large radar coverage, no capacity and no weapons, which would essentially be AWACS.

The problem is that I don't think you can set their detection change (planes always detect UFOs) and you can't tweak base radars as much. This makes AWACS a bit overpowered, but could be balanced by rental cost (elerium fuel cost for advanced variants?), refueling time and the fact that it uses a 2x2 hangar instead instead of a 1x1 radar tile.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 25, 2015, 12:29:31 am »
Does anyone use miniguns and HMG with current stats they have? May be some tweaking is warranted? I`m just curious.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:05 pm »
Does anyone use miniguns and HMG with current stats they have? May be some tweaking is warranted? I`m just curious.

I think the main problem is not the weapon itself, but the kind of mission that dominates in the game: direct assault. Defensive missions in open areas would make the miniguns more viable.

Anyway! Here's the new version 0.9.9: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack

Changes:
  • Fixed the bug with UFO not appearing on some terror maps.
  • Fixed the bug with some items visible in the Ufopaedia too early.
  • Expanded the Russian translation by aleksandr777.
  • Updated the mod according to the latest changes in the game (interception timers).
  • Removed Antarctica from the region list to avoid crashing.
  • Fixed a British English translation bug.
  • Improved the Alien Data Slate sprite.
  • Introduced railguns (high-tier Gauss weapons).
  • Fixed broken Gauss Cannon ammo selling prices.
  • Included many handobs by Ivan Godovich and CryptoCactus.
  • Added Synthsuit (sprite by Robin).
  • Threaded plasma HWPs now have autofire.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 25, 2015, 10:37:54 pm »
Great, only 2 small comments:
1. maybe you should update the nightly requirement warning on the mod site to at least: openxcom_git_master_2015_02_12_0912.zip (because of the interception timers)
2. it is Ivan Dogovich, not Godovich... not sure why so many people do the same mistake ;-)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 25, 2015, 10:43:15 pm »
Great, only 2 small comments:
1. maybe you should update the nightly requirement warning on the mod site to at least: openxcom_git_master_2015_02_12_0912.zip (because of the interception timers)

Agreed. Thank you.

2. it is Ivan Dogovich, not Godovich... not sure why so many people do the same mistake ;-)

That's exactly why, because everyone's calling him that. :) Sorry, I'll fix this.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:11 pm »
Regarding new Synthsuit armour - around October 2014 there was a bug with multi stat modifying armour, making operatives wearing said armour unassignible to any transport and making them not appear during base defence mission (and I think you can`t "sell" them too).
I`ve lost quite a few nerve cells because of that, and I`m not sure if that bug is fixed.
Only time (to my knowledge) this problem surfaced was in Piratez mod, with late-game armours pumping operatives full of battle drugs and modifying a lot of stats, including STR. Singular STR bonus worked okay (Synthmuscle suit etc), but in conjunction with other stat bonuses you were guaranteed a no-fun time.
Only method of fixing it ingame I found is to remove said armour from operative (or equip some another one) and run any mission with different crew (even just making battlescape appearance and aborting should work, I think).

Posting this just in case this bug still persists, because FMP Synthsuit modifies a lot of stats, STR included, and someone might lose a favourite operative by just unassigning him from craft (or him getting a wound), never to assign again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 25, 2015, 11:12:15 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think this bug persists - the Stormtrooper Armour also modifies stats, yet it's been working fine so far, and it's been in the mod for months.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1058 on: February 25, 2015, 11:58:41 pm »

Heh,  and I always thought it was because people were recognizing my deity-like qualities. ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59:46 pm »
Heh,  and I always thought it was because people were recognizing my deity-like qualities. ;)

That is a likely explanation.

Offline Drako^BB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:24 am »
Thx for  update :)

Offline DarkerDark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 27, 2015, 02:31:26 am »

I've been playing the mod for a few weeks now and I can't really find much of a use for the minigun or the HMG in my team. I play with the accuracy extender script settings, so most of the autoshot attacks have little to no accuracy beyond point blank, this means that in my game only the low TU cost autoshot weapons get used, as they have to run up to the enemy to engage and then run back behind cover before they get blasted by any of the aliens they didn't kill. So most missions my assault rifle troopers supported by sniper rifles (over 100% accuracy across the map on aimed shot with half my TUs to spare!) do most of the fighting. The HMG and the miniguns kind of just sit back and watch (or throw grenades).

On another note, I also play with the alternate movement script, allowing for sprinting, and I'm finding this makes the sniper rifles dominate the battlefield. I have just researched Gauss Sniper Rifles. My team is now mostly Gauss sniper rifles. They have mobility, do a lot of damage, and they barely ever miss. It seems a bit silly clearing out UFOs with sniper rifles, but hey, that's X-Com baby!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 27, 2015, 05:33:00 am »
And that's why sniper rifle need a minimum range and a big dropOff value. Makes them efficient at long range, not at close range and that leaves a place for other weapons.

The accuracy extender just nerfs some weapon beyond reasonable values and leaves other ones to shine. It is a great tool for balancing because you can create all kind of profiles, but it is not really a balancing tool in itself.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:34:37 am by Arthanor »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1063 on: February 27, 2015, 05:53:49 am »
Or, less drasticly, just push Aim TU cost to 80%+, and Snap to 55%+... And normal weapons should see some more use. Conversely, make SMGs very accurate in autofire. This should balance things out.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 27, 2015, 01:05:15 pm »
Just saw a Meridian Let`s Play FMP last episode (15th), and it looks like there is a hole in the 2nd floor of that Very Large Research/Lab ship, somewhere around it`s single ground floor entrance. You can see alien fire at around 25:53 and at 27:50 in the video.
It`s weird, because I remember it being patched up a long time ago.

Also a Commander probably should not be on that ship.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:08:12 pm by Ridаn »