aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1601740 times)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #945 on: December 03, 2014, 10:07:21 am »
Oh, and Quinch: have fun with recolouring. :) I actually want to change the chtonites' sprite to adjust it to the inventory picture by Duke Falcon (with metal pauldrons and goggles), but it's a lot of work.

Those were my only good looking works for OXC so far :)
I am more a man of ideas. Not like if I not... Well, forget this. It is easier that way:
Ima good with ideas
Ima good with graphics in general
Ima sucks pixelart
Ima sucks coding
Ima sucks with my own mod
But Ima good to train Rottweilers. Or so far both my dogies are good little dogies...

And just to push the limits of you patience bit further, some attached awesomeness (decide if in the good or the wrong term) comes!
Muhahaha! <= Dat was an evil (s)laughter U know...

Offline Sanuich

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 04, 2014, 05:50:30 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm from Ukraine.
I installed Final Mod Pack.
Some strings looks like STR_SHOTGUN
I found that in my language version - ru no translates for some strings.
I hope it's OK.
And some new researches has no picture and no description.
Is this OK too or it's becaouse of unfinishing of mod?
How i can set the picture and description by myself?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:59:27 pm by Sanuich »

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »
Excellent work, Duke! Thanks for sharing!  8)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 05, 2014, 01:57:10 am »
Sanuich : The FMP brings together many mods created by different people. A lot of translations are missing for many languages.
You can look at the end of the file 'FinalModpack.rul' : The russian strings are under the line "  - type: ru"
I counted >400 strings missing there, so it's a lot of work remaining :/ (The original strings are in English, under both "type: en-US" and "type: en-GB")

I don't know if empty Ufopedia screens have same reason or not.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 05, 2014, 09:56:30 am »
Quick note, the thread for the FMPranks mod is up, if anyone feels like field-testing it.

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 06, 2014, 02:26:12 pm »
Hey people.

So just a small question if I may. I'm using this pack on one of yesterdays nightlies. However it seems to crash a lot. I assume because the nightly causes mishaps with the FMP pack.

What build is suggested to use in regards to FMP? I found a few saying October builds and links but the links seem to be somewhat dead.

Hope to hear something.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 06, 2014, 03:50:15 pm »
Well upon digging out 3 October builds. One from the start of October, one from Mid October and one from End of October. All 3 crash upon landing at a Terror Site.

New games on all 3 instances also.

ALSO

A second note. Whats with ships spawning inside buildings and such?

I can't use tanks due to this problem.

After more digging. I've noticed it's due to a change in map gen. However I still cannot find a build that works with FMP. And ones linked all end up being dead.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:11:04 pm by Ajaxial »

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:11 pm »
Yeah, I was about to post about that. Past three games I have spawned in a farmhouse. Just the last one I spawned in a freaking UFO! This is getting ridiculous, and it's barely playable.

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 06, 2014, 11:06:14 pm »
Yeah, I was about to post about that. Past three games I have spawned in a farmhouse. Just the last one I spawned in a freaking UFO! This is getting ridiculous, and it's barely playable.

Yup. Thus far. Early, mid or late October builds, various November builds or the latest night builds. Cause crashing to desktop at Terror Missions, and if a mission does work. Usually my landing site is IN a building or a UFO or even floating midair.

Weirdest was a large scout, and it was spawned into each other, but both floating about 2 tiles off the flow. It was....interesting.

I really hope someone will shed some light on this.

EDIT:

To clarify. I've also tried enabling and disabling nearly all options that come with the Base OpenXcom in thoughts it was some sort of conflict, but I can't figure it out.

So...unless someone can point us to a build that works flawless with FMP and is still downloadable. This mod pack is entirely unplayable.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:08:07 pm by Ajaxial »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 06, 2014, 11:31:55 pm »
try adding this rulset
it makes a simple type: 2 => groups: [2] conversion for types 1-4 + adds the urban script for all terrains with roadtypeodds
there are types 5-8 used in same base attack missions at least these need a second or third look
also its a untested (just search/replace the rulfile) dirty fix

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:34:38 pm by Falko »

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 07, 2014, 01:23:26 am »
try adding this rulset
it makes a simple type: 2 => groups: [2] conversion for types 1-4 + adds the urban script for all terrains with roadtypeodds
there are types 5-8 used in same base attack missions at least these need a second or third look
also its a untested (just search/replace the rulfile) dirty fix

Interesting. It now just gives me a "Map failed to fully generate" error now. As attached.

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 07, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »
Would it be safe to assume at this point I might aswell give up and move on and hop that it eventually gets updated to work with the new OXC?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 07, 2014, 10:39:03 pm »
Hi all.

I'm having the same issues with FMP. Trying 05-12 night build, with 0.9.7.1 FMP. Crash in Terror Missions, and alien base missions show the "map could not generate" message. Tried with windows 7 sp1 and in linux debian 7 compiled from git. I tried with 0.9.6 and with early november windows nightly build, the same happens. Using the new battle options, I saw that some missions, like MIB mansion and other (did not take note on all that i test), the ship generating in middle of building is a regular issue.

I want to help in the debug of the issue. But when the game crash i don't know where to look for what happens.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 08, 2014, 12:04:07 am »
The most basic information you can supply is what you were trying to do when the game crashed.

"I was starting a mission and the game crashed" is almost impossible to work with.

"I was responding to a sectoid terror mission in a skyranger. It was the first time I deployed a laser rifle" is a lot more useable. The best is a game save (with a LIMITED number of mods, ideally just the FMP, so it is easy to reproduce the issue) a few seconds before the crash.

The best way to debug something is to repeatedly trying to do it, but changing little things. In the example above, if it's the first time you deploy a laser rifle, maybe try without. If that works, the problem is probably with the rifle, etc.

As it is, though, there has just been a HUGE overhaul of how maps work in OpenXCom, making nightlies after a certain date entirely different from earlier ones. Mods designed for the earlier versions (ie all mods) have to be modified to work in the new nightlies (and will then not work in 1.0 and early nightlies).

If your craft spawns in a building and/or UFO, that's a map issue. Similarly, if the FMP tweaked some things for terror missions (or defined new "terror" missions), those probably crash too when starting because required things are missing. There's not really anything to investigate anymore. Someone just needs to get elbow deep in the FMP code and update all the maps stuff (not fun).

Ideally someone could upload an old build from before the changes as a stop gap, until the mods get updated. I use a build from the 27th of october and that seems to have been a sweet spot for nightlies (most features implemented properly but before the map scripts, so works with most stuff). The other thing is for people to fix their mods, but that takes time and effort and I know Solarius is already really busy right now.

Offline cyborg73

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 08, 2014, 03:16:11 pm »
All terror missions crashed for me so far...
Can somebody please post a link to 27th of october build ? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?