aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580738 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #855 on: October 19, 2014, 11:53:55 am »
You'd probably have shorten it to E-115(x), Heavy Plasma Clip etc. is a long name and I'm not quite sure it'd all fit.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #856 on: October 19, 2014, 08:30:23 pm »
I wonder if there is a possibility to not have a manufacture list but different sub-menus for equipments to manufacture. Like Ufopedia. A sub menu for alien weapons, another for clips and so on. This way there are not much problems of how much items are manufacturable for a long while.
Or make items obsolate? For example obsolate alloy weapons and ammo when player able to produce plasma, gauss or laser weapons. This also shorten the manufacture list. Who built obsolate weapons? Maybe those whom produce them to sell. But true, Raven is one of the first things one may research and remain the most usefull untill the endgame.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #857 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »
Just a small idea. Alternative line-up in alien research (see attached screenshots). I think it worth to consider it - I myself not tried to alter the tech-tree on such level...

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 22, 2014, 01:45:19 pm »
Nice artworks

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #859 on: October 22, 2014, 03:52:30 pm »
I wonder if there is a possibility to not have a manufacture list but different sub-menus for equipments to manufacture. Like Ufopedia. A sub menu for alien weapons, another for clips and so on. This way there are not much problems of how much items are manufacturable for a long while.

But it's already possible. You can filter the list two only show weapons, or craft, or armours, and so on. FMP adds one new category (basic component), but I can make deeper changes.

Or make items obsolate? For example obsolate alloy weapons and ammo when player able to produce plasma, gauss or laser weapons. This also shorten the manufacture list. Who built obsolate weapons? Maybe those whom produce them to sell. But true, Raven is one of the first things one may research and remain the most usefull untill the endgame.

I don't think I'd like automatic removal of items, because you never know what the players might want to use - because they like the item, or because they have trouble with components and want something cheap, or perhaps they like the produce/sell ratio. So I'm not too keen on this idea.

And yeah, nice artwork!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 22, 2014, 08:36:22 pm »
Maybe he's using 1.0? I haven't got the nightly to work on my (Linux) computer yet and I can say 1.0 only has a (potentially REALLY) long list. Proper sorting with categories and listOrder helps a lot, but it's still not as good as the menus given in the more recent version. I'm sure you're already doing that any ways.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 23, 2014, 08:06:57 am »
thread name changed, [THE FINAL MOD PACK] isn't a very good tag.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:20:29 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:26 am »
thread name changed, [THE FINAL MOD PACK] isn't a very good tag.

Thanks a lot. I wasn't the author of this thread, so I couldn't do much about it.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:52 am »
i figured, want me to do the rest?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2014, 12:08:42 am »
i figured, want me to do the rest?

Yes, please, that'd be nice.

(Sorry for the delay, I'm both overworked and sick. Life is meh.)

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 27, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
Hey, playing latest FMP, running into a spot of trouble.  I am playing ironman and after about 5 games losses finally have a sav that I am doing ok.  Prob I have now is I am stuck with a CTD and of course since it is ironman, I have no other saves to revert to.
I am just running FMP and I think psi los, with ufo extender acccuracy.  no custom exe or other mods.
I am in a terror site, looks like cerebrals if I am reading save file right.  Right after the inventory screen, boom CTD, no error given.  I tried putting all the cerebrals TU to 1 thinking maybe it was something they were doing, but no luck, I am thinking since it is CTD on my turn right after inventory screen, maybe is map problem?

I have attached sav and cfg if anyone wants to help, i would greatly appreciate it, as this is my first successfullish ironman game ever and I am loving playing iron man, makes the game feel much diff.  But if this crash is unfixable I may have to go to faux ironman where I just don't save/load except as checkpoints and when logging off.

Thanks and loving the mod!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 28, 2014, 08:07:28 am »
I can't really check right now, but it looks like a map problem (I'm not completely sure of course) or maybe missing resources for X-Com equipment... Please try download and install the latest version of the mod and the nightlies again, hopefully this helps. Otherwise I'll try and do something about this... uh, tomorrow?

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #867 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:56 am »
Hey, playing latest FMP, running into a spot of trouble.  I am playing ironman and after about 5 games losses finally have a sav that I am doing ok.  Prob I have now is I am stuck with a CTD and of course since it is ironman, I have no other saves to revert to.
I am just running FMP and I think psi los, with ufo extender acccuracy.  no custom exe or other mods.
I am in a terror site, looks like cerebrals if I am reading save file right.  Right after the inventory screen, boom CTD, no error given.  I tried putting all the cerebrals TU to 1 thinking maybe it was something they were doing, but no luck, I am thinking since it is CTD on my turn right after inventory screen, maybe is map problem?

I have attached sav and cfg if anyone wants to help, i would greatly appreciate it, as this is my first successfullish ironman game ever and I am loving playing iron man, makes the game feel much diff.  But if this crash is unfixable I may have to go to faux ironman where I just don't save/load except as checkpoints and when logging off.

Thanks and loving the mod!

As far as I experienced Cerebreals always crash on terrors. Crash land or landed vessel missions they work properly except if there is a terror ship in question. Seems that mostly the Cerebreal terror unit causes the problem somehow. And I checked with latest versions... Problem still exist.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »
Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: CEREBREAL_LARVA_ARMOR
    drawingRoutine: 15
set that to 16 and it should work now
in the last weeks there were changes in the order of the tftd-drawingroutines

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »
Falko, thank you sooooo much, that fixed it!

And to everyone else who responded, thanks too, I really love how not only does the community provide such great mods, but is willing to lend a helping hand to layman who just wanna play some modded xcom!

Thanks!