aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1612235 times)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #780 on: September 27, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »
Did Muton medics messed with Waspites?
I researched a Waspite commander and I got a free alien (so far only medics granted this or engineers the mechanic races) but Cydonia not unlocked to research. I were need to capture another commander for that (this time it was a Sectoid).

The Waspite Commander entry is fine, I checked.

And something is wrong with the Drones. Hybrids are eager to attack in the first few turns (then enough of them killed to keep them constantly panicked) but Drones just come, move BUT so far they never even tried to fire. Not funny as without them Hybrids are not dangerous even for just-recruited rookies.

They fire at me!

Maybe you were just lucky?

By the way what determines the aliens' grenade using habits? Mutons and Chtonites are often throw grenades the rest of the races I never seen to do so. Or it corresponding to the game's difficulty?

I think it has more to do with the fact they're physically strong races, so they can throw far.

EDIT:

0.9.5 is up! Not that much new content, but it fixes some bugs:
- Introduced various colours of Waspites.
- Fixed some bugs regarding new armours.
- Renamed Alloy Skyranger to Skymarshall.
- Gauss tank shells are cheaper.
- Added Assault Rifle (sprites by XOps, slightly altered) which uses Rifle clips.
- Modified Stormtrooper Armour - new helmet and is now black.
- Fixed Alloy Clip for the Rifle, as it had 30 bullets instead of 20 (why nobody has noticed this?).
- Updated Hobbes' Mission/Terrain Pack mod.
- Fixed the Muton Guard crash.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 27, 2014, 03:46:15 pm »
Hello: Some reports about details to be corrected in FMP v0.9.4...

1) The Stormtrooper armor is visible in the Ufopedia, even if it has not been researched (it should be only after completing its research, I think)

2) The new manufacturing topics: STR_SECTOPOD_DISASSEMBLY, STR_CYBERDISC_DISASSEMBLY and STR_CYBERMITE_DISASSEMBLY are lacking their respective strings in the extra strings section, and they show as "STR_XXX..." in the manufacturing list.

THanks for the big work, Solarius! :-)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 27, 2014, 03:48:12 pm »
Thanks for the new version!

I am glad you changed the color of the stormtrooper armor... Not that the green was bad, but it did not look like "X-Com Issue" to me!  8)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 27, 2014, 04:16:13 pm »
Actually, about the Hybrid drones - when psi-controlled, I notice they have no weapons at all, despite the UFOpaedia entry.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 27, 2014, 06:13:34 pm »
May be a fail. I sell a skiranger without unequip anithing. And i have all equip soldiers and armours. But my gauss tank ni is here. Me be run out similar jhonny 5 Lol

Pd the fail of ammunition of rifle. I am with gauss and lasers now, i dont use in this momment weapons initials

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:31:17 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2014, 06:29:07 pm »
https://www.mediafire.com/view/9w07jujbi18dk4l/FinalModPack.rul

Spanish Trans Update to last version

And a idea. I use the atack dog 1 per transport for me is a great explorer and cannon fodder XD but i think the dog may be train to stun aliens??? Not all but may be a % of atacks to stun and have the aliens live
And may have a 2 tipe of dog with clothes similar than a armour. Kevlar o alien alloy. To have a dog with armour or more hp
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:15:07 am by arrakis69ct »

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:33 am »
Yay SkyMarshall!

And may have a 2 tipe of dog with clothes similar than a armour. Kevlar o alien alloy. To have a dog with armour or more hp

Ooh, I second the kevlar/alloy vest dogs!

Although, that may be a coding problem if there is still not yet a way to put HWPs as special components for crafting. And possibly a logic problem if you make dogs w/alloy vests purchasable through the store after research (aka "How did the civilians get access to Alien Alloys!?")

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 28, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »
I manufacture dogs. In context if only the armour. But can manufacture advanced dogs

May be rename the actual dog to civilian dog or cop dog. An the second more powerfull the army dog or advanced dog.

Se podrian fabricar los perros. En teoria seria solo la armadura pero a efectos del juego seria un hpw mas.

Podriamos renombrarlos a perro civil. Perro militar o algo asi. El caso seria diferenciarlos

Pd. I think the dog need count as soldier in the count to barracks. An cover 1 space ind the living quarters

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:49:05 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 28, 2014, 07:33:11 pm »
Pd. I think the dog need count as soldier in the count to barracks. An cover 1 space ind the living quarters

It would be nice to have a "living dog" that you can rename, gains experience fighting aliens and can change armors, for sure. Unfortunately, the game currently only supports one type of soldiers. So unless you want all your soldiers to be dogs, it's not possible to have a dog soldier.

As it is, a HWP is a pretty good approximation of the dog any ways. It comes fully trained and ready for action. The only things missing is swapping armours, but that might be possible using manufacture.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 28, 2014, 10:42:12 pm »
Thanks for all the comments about dogs, they're really nice, but I believe they should rather be in the Attack Dog mod thread... :)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:29 pm »
A suggestion, which I think will help look things better: Now that the Heavy Cannon and the Autocannon are "researchable" items (no longer able to be purchased from day 1),  they should be added as requisites for their respective Alloy Ammo types... Example: To be able to produce and to see in Ufopedia Auto Cannon Alloy Ammo, it would be needed to research Alien Alloys AND Auto-Cannon, the same for the Heavy Cannon AA ammo.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 29, 2014, 11:57:05 pm »
A suggestion, which I think will help look things better: Now that the Heavy Cannon and the Autocannon are "researchable" items (no longer able to be purchased from day 1),  they should be added as requisites for their respective Alloy Ammo types... Example: To be able to produce and to see in Ufopedia Auto Cannon Alloy Ammo, it would be needed to research Alien Alloys AND Auto-Cannon, the same for the Heavy Cannon AA ammo.

That was my intention. However, reality ensued. :P

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #792 on: September 30, 2014, 12:17:26 am »
That was my intention. However, reality ensued. :P

From this day forward, all Reality is to be Rejected.  Embrace Surreality only!
Cheers, Ivan ;)

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 30, 2014, 12:30:00 am »
I found another missing string: str_repair_stormtrooper_armor

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »
I have to admit I'm seriously tempted to increase bravery of commanders. I've stormed several commander-carrying battleships by now and every single one of them died before my troops saw him.

Unintentional commander suicides, coupled with the fact that new crew mixtures mean too many battleships carry no useful commanders, are making me bored. I have *everything* ready for Cydonia, I've researched everything but Commanders and Cybermites.

So what should I do? Use psiamps to disarm everyone but terrorists but keep them alive so the commander doesn't panic? Up the bravery? Anything else?