Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1579895 times)

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

I haven't tested it yet, but I strongly doubt it comes from the FMP...

I've just tested to see if it really is FMP causing the problem, here are my results

Test 1. Load current game with FMP enabled - Crash on Mind Control

Test2. Disable FMP and load current game (game just crashes, totally incompatible with vanilla)

So new Test

Test 1. Load old game with FMP enabled - Crash on mind control

Test 2. Load old game with FMP disabled - everything works fine

Result - FMP causing the problem :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:27:35 pm by Etchyzz »

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2014, 07:58:18 pm »
I have this same issue and I'm on a Sectoid mission with a very large ship...completely stuck now, can't make it to end of current turn as it crashes as soon as one of my guys gets mind controlled.

FIX PLEASE
the way i got around those missions is i activated save scumming and saved everytime at the end of a turn then ended it and everytime any of my soldiers got mind controlled i loaded the save and tried to get to a turn where my soldier would resist the mind control or other actions would be taken (like panic or even berserking)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »
I have no problem with mind-controll. Only that my snipers shot way to precise under alien controll...

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »
the way i got around those missions is i activated save scumming and saved everytime at the end of a turn then ended it and everytime any of my soldiers got mind controlled i loaded the save and tried to get to a turn where my soldier would resist the mind control or other actions would be taken (like panic or even berserking)

i've been using this method too, it's how i've got so far. But now i'm completely stuck, i've reloaded about 100 times and there's always a mind control. my only option now is a fix

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »
i've been using this method too, it's how i've got so far. But now i'm completely stuck, i've reloaded about 100 times and there's always a mind control. my only option now is a fix

indeed that sucks ...

got a question about HWPs
i noticed that there is not that much difference between the laser and plasma HWPs only 5 points more weapon power (laser 110, plasma 115, gauss 95 )
as far as normal weapons go gauss is much better than laser not sure about plasma yet don't have them researched yet
i also wanted to use a gauss tank the other day so i build one then i noticed that each shell costs 3,6k to produce and you need 60 of them to even be able to get a gauss tank in the skyranger ... imho that's a bit too much
my suggestion would be to reduce the costs or make the current gauss HWP shells behave like rifle clips so that one shell reloads a tank's mag completely

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »
You need to start employing Commissar tactics in combination with the save scumming.  When you reload shoot the weak minded soldiers so there's no chance of them getting controlled... but again that's only an overly complicated situational fix that doesn't address the underlying issue.

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2014, 09:37:34 pm »
I wish i could, but I've not researched psionics. This is pretty early on, just sectoids

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2014, 10:22:29 pm »
i quite like the word Commissar though :) word of the day - added to vocab

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2014, 10:37:47 pm »
The word it's self is actually a russian word for a type of political or military officer.  But in WWII that was the rank of the officers who would stand behind the front line and shoot anyone who stepped backwards.  In Warhammer you put them in a squad and if they fail a moral check the commissar shoots the officer and the squad doesn't run away, and will kill your psychics if they screw up to prevent alien influence.

If you keep track of which troops are being controlled before the crash kill/stun them before ending the turn when you reload.

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »
i've been trying that, but if i kill one, they mind control another, i've not got enough time units to kill them all

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2014, 10:45:56 pm »
crepe. :(

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2014, 10:51:04 pm »
I have this same issue and I'm on a Sectoid mission with a very large ship...completely stuck now, can't make it to end of current turn as it crashes as soon as one of my guys gets mind controlled.

FIX PLEASE
Update to last nightly

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »
i've just systematically updated to each previous nightly for the last whole week. same issue on every one.

also i've got my own thread in the troubleshooting section and somebody just told me they have the same issue using the piratez mod, not FMP

i'm out of ideas :s

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »
The word it's self is actually a russian word for a type of political or military officer.  But in WWII that was the rank of the officers who would stand behind the front line and shoot anyone who stepped backwards.

Untrue, that job was given to special NKWD units (rarely deployed). Soviet Union used many kinds of Commissars (non-military armed agents), one type of them was indeed assigned to squads as a political officer whose job was to keep unit's morale and dedication to the cause of the communism high (true, you spoke something politically incorrect in his presence, you could find yourself onboard one-way train to Siberia).

If the unit deserted, it was actually the Commissar (along with unit's commander) who was getting shot, privates were usually treated more lightly. Instances of officers shooting their own soldiers weren't, I think, more widespread in USSR than in any other country of these times (I think Germans did the most of it).

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 21, 2014, 02:02:01 am »
a new nightly is up that fixes the problem :) thx all