aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580271 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #720 on: September 17, 2014, 03:07:19 am »
It set as on. It was such from the beginning I started play OXC.
No problem. I sold it. And I will do so if found any more.

What you're saying cannot be true and everyone knows that. I'm using the same mechanics in my mod for dozens of items and never once it has failed.

Regarding other things:

Skymarshall FTW.

Agreed with Sturm's logic on soldiers' stats, "training" or "lack of training" are relative things, and a civilian seems to be the only watermark available. True, this makes it hard to explain how your soldiers turn from "trained" to "superheroes"... Anyway this discussion always comes back... It's a matter of personal opinion really.

Pixel editing: you can pixel edit in Photoshop (while in Indexed Color mode). A crucial difference with Paint: your pictures do not need tedious post-processing to become useable by the game.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #721 on: September 17, 2014, 09:54:35 am »
What you're saying cannot be true and everyone knows that. I'm using the same mechanics in my mod for dozens of items and never once it has failed.

I think my version failed since the first install. Not just the infinite data slate. No way to research spitter autopsy. Spitter corpse is a combat knife for me and if try pick up the game crashes.
Something went wrong along the install if only I have these troubles. Or something was wrong with the vanilla x-com?

I shall completely remove both (clean registry aswell) and reinstall everything again.

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 17, 2014, 11:50:07 am »
well i have a strange bug to report not sure whether it is from this mod or OXC itself ...
once one of my soldiers is minde controlled and is about to act the game crashes not sure what to do about it

i instelled the latest nightly of OXC as the version 0.94 came out as well as FMP 0.94

i'll attach a save file so could anyone test if this can be reproduced?
Irina Ilie is one of the soldiers who get mind controlled
just end the turn and watch the game crash ^^"

ill also upload my option settings
mods wise i only have FMP, HQ Sound and Statstring on

forgot to mention im using lubuntu not sure whether this matters or not
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:56:14 pm by Sarusei »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 17, 2014, 12:40:13 pm »
It set as on. It was such from the beginning I started play OXC.
No problem. I sold it. And I will do so if found any more.
Update to last nightbuild

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 17, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »
Version 0.9.4 is up, and it contains many changes!
[...]

As always, get it here: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack. But before installing, please download the latest nightly, or you may experience some bad mojo!

Has anyone tested it under Android?

Offline Sturm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:45 am »
Agreed with Sturm's logic on soldiers' stats, "training" or "lack of training" are relative things, and a civilian seems to be the only watermark available. True, this makes it hard to explain how your soldiers turn from "trained" to "superheroes"... Anyway this discussion always comes back... It's a matter of personal opinion really.
Well, even trained soldiers are green at the start and become veterans later. I had a discussion about it with a game developer that served as a medic in military and he told me that according to research people change physiologically when they win fights - for example testosterone increases. Veterans are also less likely to die after receiving the same wound than green soldiers, so HP rising is justified to some point.
Though yeah, it's weird that they can become more powerful than alien species engineered for combat.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #726 on: September 18, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »
But before installing, please download the latest nightly, or you may experience some bad mojo!

Yeah, I was such an idiot... I downloaded the necessary nightly but forgot to install it.
Now almost everything works correctly. Chtonite and Reptoids have no inventory portrait, everything is plain black. But it is not important. Mind-controll them is not worth the time. Mind-controll is pretty useless by the way... both in vanilla and in OXC. Easier to shot down anything with laser rifles or plasma rifles...

Anyway, some training facilities would be good. Cycling the 10 men crews to train them in missions has so much hassle. But need to implement a border how far their stats may improved by such facilities - like you know training do not equal with real experiences - and what could they train (bravery could be trained? Reaction, accuracy and power could be...).

Are MiB troops ever assault x-com bases? Almost a dozen of their crafts searched my base with "alien retaliation" but no battleships ever launched to attack. I always let them find my base (not shot them down with the Ravens) but they never come.
They fear :)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:04 pm »
I've had a MiB assault on my base, yes.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 18, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
I'd be willing to do some legwork {figuratively speaking} regarding color-coding various alien ranks. Anything I should know?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 18, 2014, 10:57:06 pm »
i like more color for ranks what but the downside of this is the uselessness of mindprobe
i frequently used it to determine what aliens were worth the stunning-risk
no i can spare the 3-4 mindprobe guys in the background
for me its a bit of a gameplay change to an easier mode

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 18, 2014, 11:00:40 pm »
Well, it varies. The mind probe can be rather useless with the line of fire option enabled as it is.

Offline Sturm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 19, 2014, 06:03:34 am »
Well, even trained soldiers are green at the start and become veterans later. I had a discussion about it with a game developer that served as a medic in military and he told me that according to research people change physiologically when they win fights - for example testosterone increases. Veterans are also less likely to die after receiving the same wound than green soldiers, so HP rising is justified to some point.
Though yeah, it's weird that they can become more powerful than alien species engineered for combat.
I checked the manual and apparently X-Com has "the world's finest pilots, soldiers, scientists and engineers". Which would imply that realistically, these guys should be statted-out like special forces soldiers. I think there are tens of thousands of them around the world, so realistically, it would be possible to recruit only from elite units without ever being in danger of the recruit pool drying up.

Offline Jayden Hawke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2014, 08:40:56 am »
0.94 Edit
New Entries Proofread for both en-US and en-GB. Double Spaces reinserted. Trailing spaces trimmed. Fixed broken Alloy Ammo UFOPedia reference.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2014, 11:13:15 am »
Apologies I haven't been around lately, I played volleyball a lot and last night I went bowling.

well i have a strange bug to report not sure whether it is from this mod or OXC itself ...
once one of my soldiers is minde controlled and is about to act the game crashes not sure what to do about it

I haven't tested it yet, but I strongly doubt it comes from the FMP...

I'd be willing to do some legwork {figuratively speaking} regarding color-coding various alien ranks. Anything I should know?

It's a very broad question. Most of the difficulty comes to the fact that it's an artistic work. And just don't mess up the palette.

0.94 Edit
New Entries Proofread for both en-US and en-GB. Double Spaces reinserted. Trailing spaces trimmed. Fixed broken Alloy Ammo UFOPedia reference.

Thanks, will have a look ASAP.

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2014, 07:20:29 pm »

i instelled the latest nightly of OXC as the version 0.94 came out as well as FMP 0.94

i'll attach a save file so could anyone test if this can be reproduced?
Irina Ilie is one of the soldiers who get mind controlled
just end the turn and watch the game crash ^^"

ill also upload my option settings
mods wise i only have FMP, HQ Sound and Statstring on

forgot to mention im using lubuntu not sure whether this matters or not

I have this same issue and I'm on a Sectoid mission with a very large ship...completely stuck now, can't make it to end of current turn as it crashes as soon as one of my guys gets mind controlled.

FIX PLEASE