Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580615 times)

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #660 on: September 05, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
Just got latest build and it works like a top, thanks so much

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 06, 2014, 02:40:51 am »
may be this a bug???

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 06, 2014, 02:58:04 am »
https://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/904592809e15a29d59b2d01690bc2301.jpg may be this a bug???

I had the same thing. I didn't do a screen capture. So I also confirm it happened near the same location too. Too quick to land, instead I sent a Skyranger to patrol the area in case there was an alien base in the ocean! Nothing happened.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 06, 2014, 03:02:21 am »
that is the latitude=0/longtude=0 position i guess someone screwed with the missionzones/cities/regions/trajectories ...

Offline Jayden Hawke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 06, 2014, 09:21:32 am »
- New UFOPedia Edit. A-lot of minor corrections. en-US and en-GB are now consistent, with differences between US and UK spelling (armor v.s. armour) maintained. Edited 0.93 entries. Will correct inconsistent spacing at beginning of sentence issue caused by previous editing program after the next update.

- Any intention to include content from 'Equal Terms' mod? I am particularly interested in the inclusion of UFO Extender accuracy stats for various weapons. (Though that I personally also never liked the HC and AC is beside the point ::)
  What about the 'Enforcer' and 'Scout Armor' mods?
  If not, No worries. I'll likely just include them in my own Home-Brew version.

- Love the good work you've done on this. I myself regularly run games with 10-30 mods to enhance the depth and scope of game play, but tweaking them so that they all work seamlessly together and are balanced is a huge project that I regularly do not have time for. I truly appreciate the magnitude of the task you've taken on.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 06, 2014, 11:55:08 am »
Yesterday start a new game with more difficult. Have 400000000 in the bank is bad. But i see weapons on ufopedia ex rpg or hunting rifle that i cant manufacture or buy. Is this normal?

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 06, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »
Yes, these are the stats of some "civilian" weapons. The ufopedia makes it clear that they are not as good as the military equivalents that you can buy. Still, if you somehow find some during a mission, you can use them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2014, 12:54:28 am »
Anyway, today finished the game. Raped Cydonia and laughed into the face of the elite Ethereal guards. It was big fun!

C
ONGRATULATIONS!!!
:D

OXC with Rail gun (what I hope shall be implemented into FMP) and FMP it was a real threat and a good game to play!

I don't think I'll ever implement the railguns as they are, but I'm thinking about a second generation Gauss weapons. Maybe. :)
(That would give us an excuse to have both TFTD gauss sprites and Sir Thebus' gauss sprites in the mod.)

Spitter autopsy (not even alien medics make this entry!)

Spitters should research properly... They did for me anyway. Your install was somehow faulty, seeing as you couldn't get some research... Well, at least you could finish the game, and with an added difficulty of not having the Small Launcher! Not bad.

Strange thing what I experienced during interrogations that some alien entries could be tell by medics while others by technicians. Could it be done that all cybernetic thing belong to technicians except autopsies while all organic things to medics? Just wonder, the game could be well finish without these or without the above mentioned things.

Yes, this is exactly the case.

And if rail gun mod shall be implemented into FMP may I suggest some things? Mass accelerating weaponry (MAW) really needs some rebalance! Earth-bond technology is better than alien? MAW damages must be lower a bit. And the craft weapon is overpowered! It may keep the weapon range but damage must be only a bit bigger than laser cannon but must be weaker than plasma cannon! Even it's freedom from elerium is acceptable but 120 rounds is way to much! Give it 50-60 instead. But this is maybe only me who thinks this...

Yeah, some rebalance would be in order. But like I said, if I ever add the "railgun II" tech it'll probably be done more or less from scratch. It boils down to "I will probably add something at some point"... :)

I've lost several games now because I just can't find these empty techs. What is Alien Neuropsychology or Alien Microprocessor? Am I just supposed to research  leaders until I randomly get the empty techs I need?
In my last game and my current one I finally got to Gauss, but in my current one I also just researched a sectoid commander and didn't unlock psionics. Are the requirements different for those too? Is it possible to disable this empty tech nonsense?

Oh believe me, I hate empty techs myself. However, as a modder I have to make some compromises in order to achieve the main goals - in this case, making firearms last longer and plasma available later. At least I'm trying to give most techs some sort of a boon, but it's still a long way to go.

I've definitely lost games because of how difficult it is to advance. The last game I played my base got invaded by while I was still using alloy ammo. I technically won the mission, but I lost pretty much the entire base when a structure got destroyed right below the access lift.

Ouch. Never happened to me, but it could well happen... It could happen in vanilla too.

In my most recent game, I only very narrowly avoided a loss. Gazers started appearing very early on, and they're almost impossible to handle when you're using alloy ammo. It got to the point where I'd only be able to actually do about a third of them missions that popped up. My only saving grace was that floaters and those floating brain bastards would attack all of my secondary bases constantly, so I could grab a few points that way.

Since 0.8, I've pushed the tougher races later, but it's still not guaranteed you'll have lasers on time, much less plasma. This is something that I'm still working on.

Even more importantly though is the absolutely terrible luck I had with catching engineers, and the worse luck I had with research topics from leaders/commanders. I didn't get a single engineer of any race until September. I was using alloy ammo until November, when I finally got gauss. I then used gauss until April of next year, where I got plasma, fusion and the psy amp (after getting psy powers in February of the first year). Yes, I said plasma and fusion. I got plasma weapons and blaster bombs before any of the laser techs. It was absurd.

Lol :)

Edit: I guess the takeaway is that it'd be nice if the leaders/commanders dropped research topics in a specific order. I shouldn't unlock how to mass produce guided fusion warheads before I figure out the MIB laser pistol.

It can't be done, but considering it's basically random data stolen from a far more advanced culture, some schizotech is justified. :)

- New UFOPedia Edit. A-lot of minor corrections. en-US and en-GB are now consistent, with differences between US and UK spelling (armor v.s. armour) maintained. Edited 0.93 entries. Will correct inconsistent spacing at beginning of sentence issue caused by previous editing program after the next update.

Thanks! Incorporating it will take some time, but I'll definitely use your expertise, it's invaluable.

I'll use this as an excuse to ask: what is your opinion on double spacing? I know it's a traditional British thing, but I noticed that it's not perfectly consistent and most modders ignore this rule. I generally use it, since the vanilla version had it, but I'm not sure now...

- Any intention to include content from 'Equal Terms' mod? I am particularly interested in the inclusion of UFO Extender accuracy stats for various weapons. (Though that I personally also never liked the HC and AC is beside the point ::)

I don't really know that mod yet, I need to get a better look. But what do you mean, UFO Extender accuracy stats?

What about the 'Enforcer' and 'Scout Armor' mods?
  If not, No worries. I'll likely just include them in my own Home-Brew version.

The Enforcer is a cool idea, but I'm waiting for code changes that will stop him from eating the weapon you gave him. :(

As for the Scout Armour, I'll certainly consider it if it has proper graphics. I just don't know. :)

- Love the good work you've done on this. I myself regularly run games with 10-30 mods to enhance the depth and scope of game play, but tweaking them so that they all work seamlessly together and are balanced is a huge project that I regularly do not have time for. I truly appreciate the magnitude of the task you've taken on.

Thanks! It's the main goal of FMP. :)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 07, 2014, 02:02:55 am »
this play is a joke. Another ghost site

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:18 am »
Lol, dat "screenshot" :P

But there seems to be a problem. What exactly is that UFO? Is it MiB? Hybrids? Raid?

Offline Jayden Hawke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 07, 2014, 03:22:41 am »
I'll use this as an excuse to ask: what is your opinion on double spacing? I know it's a traditional British thing, but I noticed that it's not perfectly consistent and most modders ignore this rule. I generally use it, since the vanilla version had it, but I'm not sure now...

- Personally I am in favor of it as it is part of the original game, also in my opinion, it looks neater. The removal of it in my previous edits was due to the previous editing app I was using on my phone rather than a preference.

I don't really know that mod yet, I need to get a better look. But what do you mean, UFO Extender accuracy stats?

-As you likely know, UFO Extender added Range Based Accuracy, which was carried over into OpenXCOM as an optional rule in the Advanced menu. With this option enable the game has the ability to read extra range related stats from the Item entry. Specifically, Range based accuracy drop-off and min/Max effective ranges for each attack type outside of which the accuracy is drastically reduced. Equal Terms mod defines theses extra variables for the weapons included in it and the base game so that for example: using a sniper rifle to perform an aimed shot within it's minimum range actually has a realistically reduced accuracy. This combined with the reduced speed and  accuracy of a snapshot with this weapon practically requires your sniper to carry and use a short/med range secondary weapon. There are many other such additions that altogether fairly remove the 'silver bullets' of a heavy weapon combined with autoshot and forces a more varied tactical approach to equipment and attack profiles.

The Enforcer is a cool idea, but I'm waiting for code changes that will stop him from eating the weapon you gave him. :(

-I was actually planning to add to the Franken-Mod I use at home a MkII Enforcer with heavier armor and a flamethrower secondary, and a MkIII with flying capability and a rocket launcher either as primary or secondary. Probably have to drop the MkI's armor a bit and then only slightly improve those stats for the MkII and MkIII and drop their TU's a little(representing greater weight) for the sake of maintaining some illusion of game balance. If I get it working, I will attempt to contact MickTheMage to either hand the changes over to him or permission to publish it as an expanded version.

As for the Scout Armour, I'll certainly consider it if it has proper graphics. I just don't know. :)

- The graphics are good, though I personally don't like the helmet.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 07, 2014, 03:50:28 am »
Lol, dat "screenshot" :P

But there seems to be a problem. What exactly is that UFO? Is it MiB? Hybrids? Raid?
I am early in the new game. I dont know but is the secon ind sea i see over 20 secs and run out. The skiranger no see alien base. Normally the mib base stay static dont move. I dont know.

Can i save the game and see anithing in save file for this??

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 07, 2014, 11:31:42 am »
- Personally I am in favor of it as it is part of the original game, also in my opinion, it looks neater. The removal of it in my previous edits was due to the previous editing app I was using on my phone rather than a preference.

Ah, that explains it, thanks.

-As you likely know, UFO Extender added Range Based Accuracy, which was carried over into OpenXCOM as an optional rule in the Advanced menu. With this option enable the game has the ability to read extra range related stats from the Item entry. Specifically, Range based accuracy drop-off and min/Max effective ranges for each attack type outside of which the accuracy is drastically reduced. Equal Terms mod defines theses extra variables for the weapons included in it and the base game so that for example: using a sniper rifle to perform an aimed shot within it's minimum range actually has a realistically reduced accuracy. This combined with the reduced speed and  accuracy of a snapshot with this weapon practically requires your sniper to carry and use a short/med range secondary weapon. There are many other such additions that altogether fairly remove the 'silver bullets' of a heavy weapon combined with autoshot and forces a more varied tactical approach to equipment and attack profiles.

But FMP has already implemented these features! :) Granted, it's not exactly a robust system yet, but it's there and will be expanded upon.

-I was actually planning to add to the Franken-Mod I use at home a MkII Enforcer with heavier armor and a flamethrower secondary, and a MkIII with flying capability and a rocket launcher either as primary or secondary. Probably have to drop the MkI's armor a bit and then only slightly improve those stats for the MkII and MkIII and drop their TU's a little(representing greater weight) for the sake of maintaining some illusion of game balance. If I get it working, I will attempt to contact MickTheMage to either hand the changes over to him or permission to publish it as an expanded version.

I want more armours too, but they're problematic because they need complex graphics. Therefore they will appear when they will appear.
However, I have my own ideas about what kind of armours are needed... So any graphics submitted may be used for something else than intended by the author. :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #673 on: September 07, 2014, 01:05:32 pm »
Rejoice, Warboy's new engine update allows for HWP secondary weapons so the "inventory eating" should happen less often... Btw does anyone know what the new ruleset options are used in detail?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2014, 03:42:16 am »
A question about the craft plasma cannon. It uses Elerium as ammunition.

I noticed that the craft appears to  re-arm with clips of 10 units of Elerium as opposite to the numbers of shots used. I tried:

Normal two gun mount and shooting:
Stock 128-6(one ufo)-4(another ufo)= 118 but it's 108 after re-arming. So 10 more than expected is used.

Tried shooting with only one gun:
Stock 108 -2 (from gun#1 only) = 106, but it's 98 after re-arming. So 8 more.

The mod ruleset says:
  - type: STR_ELERIUM_115
    clipSize: 1

Am I doing something wrong? Currently using the plasma beam cannon may not be very elerium-bang-effective.