Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581140 times)

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #540 on: August 22, 2014, 06:13:45 pm »
I thought he meant Human Ktulu, who started the FMP...
...but I'm not so sure right now. :D

I meant SupSuper. You now have the most posts of anyone on the forum:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=stats

Offline chi.code

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:25 pm »
Ok I found a small bug, the gauss-cannon rounds(x50) for craft, are placed in Weapons instead in Ammunition.

Btw: for Gauss HWP, it's shells are produced one by one, and 60 are needed... you need to produce 60 individual pieces of ammo before deploying the tank, is that intended? It takes almost as long as producing the tank itself afair.

Maybe it should come in packages of 10 shells per produced item, or maybe it could deploy with 30 instead.

Also, an option to deploy not fully armed tanks would be nice imo.

Offline chi.code

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »
Ok I found a small bug, the gauss-cannon rounds(x50) for craft, are placed in Weapons instead in Ammunition.

Btw: for Gauss HWP, it's shells are produced one by one, and 60 are needed... you need to produce 60 individual pieces of ammo before deploying the tank, is that intended? It takes almost as long as producing the tank itself afair.

Maybe it should come in packages of 10 shells per produced item, or maybe it could deploy with 30 instead.

This:
https://imgur.com/PfXkbNq

Offline Bfox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »
I tried updating the FMP ruleset due to the hybrid research crashing bug but it doesn't allow me to change it, is there a known workaround for this?  It won't let me save it even if I use administrative rights.

Offline chi.code

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:01 pm »
Game crashes when researching Hybrid Supervisor.

Please do fix it.
Also will my save game with that research already in progress work when fix is released and I install it?

EDIT:

Run the mode through modtester.

"lookup: STR_HYBRID" entry but no research: name: STR_HYBRID entry

(thanks Falko)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:37:03 pm by chi.code »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #545 on: August 24, 2014, 12:04:29 am »

Ugh, I thought I've fixed this ages ago... Are you sure you're using the latest version? I have no access to the files right now...

While I can't change the mechanics of HWP deployment, I will check if the ammo can't be produced any faster.

The devs have spoken nd said it would be too easy. I am in no position to argue with them... :)

I tried updating the FMP ruleset due to the hybrid research crashing bug but it doesn't allow me to change it, is there a known workaround for this?  It won't let me save it even if I use administrative rights.

This is something way beyond the scope of my knowledge, and certainly not a problem concerning the mod itself, but I think you should be able to do this if you copy the file to some other location (not in the Program Files folder), edit it and then copy it back. Or just move the entire Openxcom folder to another location, because Program Files sucks.

Game crashes when researching Hybrid Supervisor.

Please do fix it.

Yep, working on it. Sadly, this particular part of the mod is really beta... I probably shouldn't have included it yet.

Also will my save game with that research already in progress work when fix is released and I install it?

No, it should be fine. Should.

EDIT:

Run the mode through modtester.

"lookup: STR_HYBRID" entry but no research: name: STR_HYBRID entry

(thanks Falko)

Yes, that's exactly the case. A few posts ago I explained how to fix it, and soon I'll release a new version.

Thanks for all the feedback!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:38:03 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Bfox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:24 am »
Thanks for your hard work :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2014, 02:11:22 pm »
I'm just uploading 0.9.1, which contains the fixes, and also add two new features: Dioxine's big Living Quarters (the starting base now has them!) and NeoWorm's Alloy Sword.

Now it's time to get to work on 0.9.2! :)

(BTW would anyone be able to help drawing new armours?)

EDIT:

Guess what, 0.9.2 is online. :P I just had to.
(It adds Laser Shotgun, because smexyvami asked me nicely, and also depowers the Alloy Sword which was way too deadly for something not made of lightsaber stuff.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:15:18 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Bfox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2014, 09:14:02 pm »
Well I finally beat XCOM with the FMP mod pack last night on superman/ironman - was very challenging I had to turn Psi to line of sight only to manage.  I lost like 3 squads to ethereals (rip in pieces)

It was very - very challenging I literally had to do the last mission with a bunch of rookies and mostly launchers/launcher tanks and 2 guys that had their psi skill strong enough to make the psi-amp very handy.

By the way is it normal that your save game is deleted when you play on ironman and finish the game?  I assume that's by design.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »
Congratulations, Bfox! As far as I know, you are the first to achieve this. I therefore have the honour to bestow the rank of First Final Commander on you!

As far as deleting the save goes, I have no idea. But other people probably do.

Offline chi.code

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2014, 03:30:42 am »

I have 150 ele, build the fastest interceptor, have heavy gauss, I fight ethereals now..
and still I can't research plasma weapons! is that normal? I have no more reseach subjects, did power suply, navigation, ofc. alloys, corps of sect float ether, captured live aliens (but not high levels yet).

Offline MeatLoaf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2014, 07:25:11 am »
I have 150 ele, build the fastest interceptor, have heavy gauss, I fight ethereals now..
and still I can't research plasma weapons! is that normal? I have no more reseach subjects, did power suply, navigation, ofc. alloys, corps of sect float ether, captured live aliens (but not high levels yet).
You need to capture a sectoid/snakeman/etheral/muton/floater of rank engineer or above. 3 other pre-requisites just say "need item" which I assume refers to the data slates.

/edit I find it a little odd that we are not allowed to use these captured weapons until we know how to perfectly recreate them, surely you only need to know what the buttons do, how to load it and how to fire it?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:28:01 am by MeatLoaf »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:30 am »
You need to capture a sectoid/snakeman/etheral/muton/floater of rank engineer or above. 3 other pre-requisites just say "need item" which I assume refers to the data slates.

Yes. Actually, the data slate gives the same stuff as the aliens; I just wanted a secondary system, for people who really hate capturing aliens (but these slates are rare).

/edit I find it a little odd that we are not allowed to use these captured weapons until we know how to perfectly recreate them, surely you only need to know what the buttons do, how to load it and how to fire it?

You'll know why when you you have researched it. :) I basically went with Hobbes' explanation, as used in his Unknown Menace novel.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2014, 09:21:32 am »
Hi!

I play OXC with the final mod pack and it is nice! I feel like if I am a little child again who played X-com on his old 386 pc :)

But a few questions popped in my mind during these two days I play (in game it is december now and have about 56million $):

- What is the exact rank pre-requisite of plasma weaponry? Leaders of Sectoid\Snakeman and Anthropod just gave me a short entry how the elerium-reaction works in the weapons but no access for the weapon research. Already have laser- and gauss-weapons and toxigun (what I have ammo but I can not research it for some reason)...

- What do I need for small launcher? Already researched the stun- and elerium-ammo but the launcher is not appeared for research and thus I can not use it in combat.

- What about spitters? I have 4 different corpse in my storages but my scientists can not research them as an autopsy. And all of them have the display of a combat knife in battlescape inventory! Is this a bug?

- MiB. I met them only one time in form of a landed very large ship. They were chicken against my laser- and gauss-rifle troops (just like Mutons). How often do they appear? Where could I find them or how could I research them? I have recovered some data slate or what from them along with tons of corpses. Can these be researched at all or it is free to sell them?

- Floaters are intentionally so rare? During ~110 UFOs only a very small contained Floater so far! No bases, crashes or terrors! But I met tons of Sectoids and Chitons or what those yellow Gillmans called...

- It is just me or Sectoids really became thougher as time passes? At the beginning a rifle shot killed them but lately they need 2 direct shots from laser rifle or gauss rifle (it means 100-140 delivered damage as a minimum - yes, I use the TFTD damage system!).

- And could be shared a tech-tree or a rank table? I do not clear about the new alien ranks like grunt and packmaster! I captured Anthropod grunt, soldier, packmaster and leader and I do not know what is the real difference between them since none of them told anything usefull...

Offline MeatLoaf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:11 am »
Hi!

I play OXC with the final mod pack and it is nice! I feel like if I am a little child again who played X-com on his old 386 pc :)

But a few questions popped in my mind during these two days I play (in game it is december now and have about 56million $):

- What is the exact rank pre-requisite of plasma weaponry? Leaders of Sectoid\Snakeman and Anthropod just gave me a short entry how the elerium-reaction works in the weapons but no access for the weapon research. Already have laser- and gauss-weapons and toxigun (what I have ammo but I can not research it for some reason)...

- What do I need for small launcher? Already researched the stun- and elerium-ammo but the launcher is not appeared for research and thus I can not use it in combat.
I can't research the small launcher ammo types, but I do have the launcher done :p

As for the Plasma weapons you need to capture any rank other than soldier... Be warned though there are 4 different tech lines you need to run up to get the plasma weapons.

Hobbes story, do I have to buy it somewhere or is there a link to it?

/edit the only workable tech upgrades I have completed (100 scientists, May) personal armor raven/alloy sky ranger and dart gun/type A :) I have had to learn alot of new load outs/tactics for the early game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:06:55 am by MeatLoaf »