aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580629 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2014, 04:21:08 pm »
My idea in batteries clip is:

Baterie standard nirmal clip building with techology actual. Is similar than a batteri of mobile and the idea is in the construction of batterie 30% carcase ant the rest quimical for energy.

Alloy batterie. The alloy is better more hard and the proportion is 5% for case and the rest for energy componets. This is the difference of the weapon. More damage for the difference of the quatity of componets. If you buy a laser weapon withouth clip you have more space for energy components. This is the idea. Sorry if i dont explain better

And elerium dont have explain XD. The ithe for them is use alloy and elerium XD

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2014, 04:24:57 pm »
And another question.

In my game i see sectopods in 3 missions. 20 missions along i dont see more. And i dont have corpose to rebuild.

May be ppssible other option to build them

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2014, 12:15:48 am »
If you're planning on adjusting the dropoffs for balancing, I believe I read that you can set the dropoff for weapons to a negative number and create weapons that fire worse as you get closer. This could help balance weapons that are intended to be long-range.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2014, 04:48:59 am »
I think I've finally come to terms with it.

I've tried this mod at least four times now, and every time I just back out, uninstall it, install my own preferred mods and start a new game. I do not like Final Mod Pack in it's current state.

Let me reiterate that.

In it's current state.

I have faith in Final Mod Pack though. Once it's V.1.0a/b I'll retry it again. For now, I cannot play around with it.

It's not Final Mod Pack, it's me. I just think too many thing can be tweaked and shortened though I can do nothing about it but complain on a forum. And while you might appreciate it, you probably wouldn't appreciate what I had to say about it.

Listen. This is a good mod. A very good mod.

Just not a mod for me in it's current state.

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2014, 12:07:48 am »
Aaarrrgh... Either the RNG *is* out to get me, or the mod still needs some balancing. Granted, I'm playing on ironman superhuman, but still...

It is June and I'm finally researching a laser rifle. I already have it in ufopaedia thanks to some glitch but I'm finally researching it. So my weapons so far have been earth firearms with alien alloy ammo. Which kinda sucks considering my main enemies for the past two months have been mutons. Power 40*0.6=24 versus armor 20 mutons is not very funny but rifles and LMGs are my best general-purpose weapons so that's what most of my men use. And I'm using up so much alien alloys I've actually had to manufacture some.

I have four bases, two of them with HWDs and I've managed to shoot down all the scouts I've detected. But I've had to defend my main base three times, twice against sectoids and once against my own mechtoids, and my number three base now has a second muton battleship incoming. My first two terrors were sectoids, the third one floaters (a blessing) and the fourth one.snakemen (plus I've shot down several terror ships). I've aborted the fifth terror because it was mutons at night. In fact I'm fighting mostly mutons since May and the fight is becoming a chore. The first base defence against mutons took me 91 turns and I've had to pick up ammo from storage room floors because most of my guys ran out of it. Sure, all but two of them were garrison rookies, but still.

So I'm really hoping that the laser rifles I'm researching will give me a turnover point because I do need one. I've researched tons of things I have no obvious use for and which give me no immediate benefit. I can finally begin researching laser and gauss and plasma weapons but right now I'm still fighting the aliens using the same weapons I've been using months ago and it feels like I've had to reasearch tons of stuff and there's already 55 (I've just counted them!) more research topics on my list (not counting the few more from my other mods). I've been using laser hovertank for like a month but my men still use LMGs and no powersuits?

So I definittely understand XCOMFan419's feelings. Maybe I'm more patient, so I'll fight on, at least for some time, but I feel like the 0.8 version of the FMP is much more frustrating to play than the 0.5 version I've been using before.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:14:39 am by Harald_Gray »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2014, 06:04:32 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this observation and to be honest I haven't a clue about designing mods but on looking @ the rulset for the final mod I noticed something that seemed odd to me. My very limited understanding of the air combat had the interception window open @ standoff range which I think is 75km but on looking @ the new Raider ship its weapon range is 82km. How does this work in practice?

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 14, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this observation and to be honest I haven't a clue about designing mods but on looking @ the rulset for the final mod I noticed something that seemed odd to me. My very limited understanding of the air combat had the interception window open @ standoff range which I think is 75km but on looking @ the new Raider ship its weapon range is 82km. How does this work in practice?
Autofire XD

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 14, 2014, 07:34:06 pm »
Starting a new game - so far, I've had no problems getting gauss and laser weapons fairly early, but in the past games it took me forever to research elerium, essentially leading to a situation where if I could survive to research psi-amp, I had comparatively weak weapons, but could PSI-control everything in sight. Looking at the ruleset, though, it looks like a poor RNG streak, sicne Delta Radiation that's its prerequisite is attainable both from leaders and engineers. I'll try to keep notes of this game.

By the way, I suspect it's a bug - last game I couldn't research the stormlance launcher, but the missiles are purchasable in the general store.

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »
Or you're unlucky in this, because in my game, I'm already using the Stormlances. Yes, I got so tired of not being able to research the other weapons that I've researched it so I'd have *some* new weapons and yes, I'm buying those Stormlances. I know them being for sale is almost certainly a bug but hey, the game is trying so hard to kill me I'll take this help. Especially since Stormlances are more like a convenience, they make easier a job I can do with Avalanches too.

Oh well, about time to go and let that muton battleship land.Pity they weren't willing to wait till I finish that laser rifle research  :)

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2014, 12:46:23 am »
Or you're unlucky in this, because in my game, I'm already using the Stormlances. Yes, I got so tired of not being able to research the other weapons that I've researched it so I'd have *some* new weapons and yes, I'm buying those Stormlances. I know them being for sale is almost certainly a bug but hey, the game is trying so hard to kill me I'll take this help. Especially since Stormlances are more like a convenience, they make easier a job I can do with Avalanches too.

Oh well, about time to go and let that muton battleship land.Pity they weren't willing to wait till I finish that laser rifle research  :)
Yes it is a bug 're stormlance, Solar mentioned earlier in this thread that the fix will come with next release

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2014, 01:50:43 am »
I'm afraid there's something else that needs fixing. I've shot down a ufo and when I try to land, the game crashes with a vector::_M_range_check error.

I'm not sure what might be causing it and a part of the problem is that the downed ship comes from my own mod (so I can't turn my mod off to test just the FMP); but the mission loads fine when I turn off the FMP. My own ship is basically a renamed terror ship with different deployment data and 60*60 URBAN terrain and like I've said, the mission loads fine when I turn off the FMP (I went ahead and manually copied the ironman savefile so I could hunt the bug down).

Anyone has any idea what might be causing this? I can't turn the FMP off for this one mission becauce I'd lose all the FMP stuff and I do want to try this mission because it might give me psionics.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2014, 01:56:32 am »
I'm afraid there's something else that needs fixing. I've shot down a ufo and when I try to land, the game crashes with a vector::_M_range_check error.

I'm not sure what might be causing it and a part of the problem is that the downed ship comes from my own mod (so I can't turn my mod off to test just the FMP); but the mission loads fine when I turn off the FMP. My own ship is basically a renamed terror ship with different deployment data and 60*60 URBAN terrain and like I've said, the mission loads fine when I turn off the FMP (I went ahead and manually copied the ironman savefile so I could hunt the bug down).

Anyone has any idea what might be causing this? I can't turn the FMP off for this one mission becauce I'd lose all the FMP stuff and I do want to try this mission because it might give me psionics.
Put your savegame

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2014, 02:21:57 am »
Here it is, you'll need both the FMP and my own Mechtoids mods to make it work.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

Can you post the ruleset for your mod? The issue might be with the Battlescape definitions.

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:39 am »
OK, here's the mod (or you can download it from the modserver).

And I'll admit the bug is leaving me quite confused because I'm using my own alienDeployment, which doesn't exist in the FMP, I'm only using vanilla maps/terrains and the mission works fine when I turn the FMP off. So the bug is likely caused by either a bug in the FMP or by an incompatibility between my mod and the FMP and I see no reason for either. The game crashes even when I ditch all the FMP equipment, I'm fighting my own alien race, the map uses URBAN terrain which the FMP doesn't modify (and crashes even when I delete this from my modfile). My prime suspect is new UFO maps, considering I've copypasted vanilla terror ship and FMP mods those, because other than that, there's (I think) no other reason for the FMP to crash it.