aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581380 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #420 on: August 06, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »
dia would be way not useful for FMP :)
i use https://gephi.github.io/ to work with bigger graphs
the vanilla+FMP connection-network has 600 nodes and 1900 connections (after removing all elements that are not connected)
i attached the image1 as a legend
2 pdf files one with all connections and one "only" with research
its obviuos such a tree is difficult to read
if i would have to do it would do it in gephi itself because there is some nice functionality so you can see what connections are where (image2-detail)
and last but not least the gephi file itself
Madre de dios XD

Guitaaaa con los researchs

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 07, 2014, 01:52:53 am »
dia would be way not useful for FMP :)
i use https://gephi.github.io/ to work with bigger graphs
the vanilla+FMP connection-network has 600 nodes and 1900 connections (after removing all elements that are not connected)
i attached the image1 as a legend
2 pdf files one with all connections and one "only" with research
its obviuos such a tree is difficult to read
if i would have to do it would do it in gephi itself because there is some nice functionality so you can see what connections are where (image2-detail)
and last but not least the gephi file itself

Or in Excel, Visio, ... and manually
But it's right that it's difficult given that there are many requires, needitem, dependencies, getOneFree, unlocks, ...
It's a chinese puzzle

This below is absolutely not the FMP, and it's just to help me building global tech tree. Sure it is no enough...

The tool you used at beginning of FMP seemed interesting
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:24:22 am by Aldorn »

Offline gerv

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2014, 04:20:50 am »
I'm afraid FMP does not work on case-sensitive filesystems. There are several files which are referenced in the ruleset using a different case to the one used for the file in the filesystem. So OpenXcom refuses to start.

Attached is a patch to fix it; one could, of course, rename the files instead.

Gerv

Offline gerv

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2014, 05:18:19 am »
Also:

mv TERRAIN/ufoL83.PCK TERRAIN/UFOL83.PCK

This caused a crash on going to Battlescape. Perhaps it would be a good idea to check the case on all the files? I did an automated check on the paths in the ruleset, and my patch fixes all those. But it seems some files are not referenced so obviously.

Gerv

Offline Nerevarine64

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2014, 07:43:19 am »
I have a slight problem
After researching Dart Rifles, I started manufacturing 14 of them but canceled it at 13 since I didn't actually want a full set, and I cannot manufacture anything else after canceling.

Offline Nerevarine64

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2014, 08:35:38 am »
I have a slight problem
After researching Dart Rifles, I started manufacturing 14 of them but canceled it at 13 since I didn't actually want a full set, and I cannot manufacture anything else after canceling.

Holy shit I'm retarded, I didn't have enough money to start the manufacturing so it didn't go into the next screen. I have a pretty good grasp on the save file code now at least.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2014, 11:16:22 pm »
I'm afraid FMP does not work on case-sensitive filesystems.

Many thanks. I am aware of the problem, but it's not always easy to catch all the bugs, even with tools. Your list will make things much easier.

Holy shit I'm retarded, I didn't have enough money to start the manufacturing so it didn't go into the next screen. I have a pretty good grasp on the save file code now at least.

Good :)

Offline gerv

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2014, 12:33:52 am »
Also, the cute little single-square smoke-firing HWP looks like it's going nuts and rotating rapidly on the spot when it drives. I assume there's some mistake with the graphics, like referencing the wrong one or something?

Gerv

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:27 am »
Also, the cute little single-square smoke-firing HWP looks like it's going nuts and rotating rapidly on the spot when it drives. I assume there's some mistake with the graphics, like referencing the wrong one or something?

I can't confirm anything like this, it drives normally for me.

I guess yours has just a really funky AI. :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2014, 01:07:55 am »

Gerv
Since you already mentioned being on a case sensitive OS, are you using Linux by any chance? If the sprites for the scout vehicle are split into many files in a folder, the Linux OpenXCom does not access the right ones. It can cause issues with weapon mods, new aliens and most likely little robots too..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2014, 01:18:45 am »
Since you already mentioned being on a case sensitive OS, are you using Linux by any chance? If the sprites for the scout vehicle are split into many files in a folder, the Linux OpenXCom does not access the right ones. It can cause issues with weapon mods, new aliens and most likely little robots too..

Aaaah, that would be it. I should have thought about it myself.

The reason I didn't was because I thought I moved everything to sheets long ago... But I missed the drone.

Oh well, it'll be fixed in the next version.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2014, 01:46:35 am »
This sprite issue is tricky. It works for everyone except (the few) Linux users, so when we have an issue everyone is like: "Works for me! You must be doing something wrong :P"

The more of us who know, the more likely we are to think of it :D

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2014, 03:54:02 am »
I just want to report a little bug: In the ruleset file of the Final Mod Pack, in the Ufopaedia entry for the Autocannon AA Clip, the section line (number 12768) says: "WEAPON AND EQUIPMENT"... this causes that the AC_AA_Clip to appear in the game ufopaedia. As I see that all other Alien Alloy ammo clips are not shown as individual entries of the ufopaedia, I think that this would be a little mistake. In consequence, I believe that the line in question shoud read "section: STR_NOT_AVAILABLE".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2014, 03:59:43 am »
I just want to report a little bug: In the ruleset file of the Final Mod Pack, in the Ufopaedia entry for the Autocannon AA Clip, the section line (number 12768) says: "WEAPON AND EQUIPMENT"... this causes that the AC_AA_Clip to appear in the game ufopaedia. As I see that all other Alien Alloy ammo clips are not shown as individual entries of the ufopaedia, I think that this would be a little mistake. In consequence, I believe that the line in question shoud read "section: STR_NOT_AVAILABLE".

It's actually intentional. The game only shows up to 3 clips per weapon, so if I added a 4th one to the Auto-Cannon, it would be invisible. That's why I made a new Ufopaedia article.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2014, 06:24:00 am »
Yes, you are right... The fourth ammo type will not show in the Auto Cannon page... Sorry! :-)