aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580300 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #360 on: August 01, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »
We could do that, but I dread the very idea of having to manually patrol the globe. I'd rather have a 100% radar coverage. :P
I meant for the beginning
Once the big one is researched, you get back the 100% radar coverage possibility

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »
I meant for the beginning
Once the big one is researched, you get back the 100% radar coverage possibility

OK, I'll think about it. Not for the next release, but probably right after. :)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 01, 2014, 02:39:06 pm »
Well I don't really want to remove the content. I don't personally care about the small radar, but I feel it might be too arbitrary in an already very arbitrary mod.

Well, I hear your feelings, but in all honesty SRS adds ZERO to the game...it's not that the LRS costs too much, and having percentages stack up right until the HWD (which obsoletes the radars altogether) it's STILL a bit silly....the HWD shouldl be used in ADDITION to the radar, not in substitution.

Thinking about it anyway, detection mechanics in XCOM need some sort of fixing to be more scalable....or maybe be substituted by a satellite network.... ::)

We could do that, but I dread the very idea of having to manually patrol the globe. I'd rather have a 100% radar coverage. :P

Manually patrolling the globe is meaningless since you should patrol the WHOLE atmosphere....also the game mechanics do not play on your favor since you can only set ONE waypoint at a time (unless I'm missing something) and patrolling becomes a chore.

I'd rather see a "radar tech" tree in which your 'radar/network' becomes more efficient at decoding Alien transmission and detecting UFOs, while having 100% coverage (or having coverage only on countries that actually fund XCOM) on the globe....too bad this mostly defeats the purpose of intel graphs (which I use EXTREMELY sparingly).

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2014, 02:42:40 pm »
If only is abalible the short radat. The mib may do the game harder if dont detect the missions in time.

Another q. Ihave this error. Only play with your mod. When i entry in a mission

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »
Well, I hear your feelings, but in all honesty SRS adds ZERO to the game...it's not that the LRS costs too much, and having percentages stack up right until the HWD (which obsoletes the radars altogether) it's STILL a bit silly....the HWD shouldl be used in ADDITION to the radar, not in substitution.

Precisely. I would like the HWD to only give you information that the radars don't, which is race and mission. The speed and size would still require a radar. (Not sure what to do about UFO type.) Or maybe the HWD wouldn't detect the UFO at all, only worked on those detected by radars?

Anyway, this would require heavy code modification, so for now it's mostly academic. :)

Thinking about it anyway, detection mechanics in XCOM need some sort of fixing to be more scalable....or maybe be substituted by a satellite network.... ::)

Manually patrolling the globe is meaningless since you should patrol the WHOLE atmosphere....also the game mechanics do not play on your favor since you can only set ONE waypoint at a time (unless I'm missing something) and patrolling becomes a chore.

Right. The satellites aren't a bad idea, though I don't know how exactly it'd work yet.

I'd rather see a "radar tech" tree in which your 'radar/network' becomes more efficient at decoding Alien transmission and detecting UFOs, while having 100% coverage (or having coverage only on countries that actually fund XCOM) on the globe....too bad this mostly defeats the purpose of intel graphs (which I use EXTREMELY sparingly).

True. Well, they do come useful now, because of the MiB. :)

If only is abalible the short radat. The mib may do the game harder if dont detect the missions in time.

Yeah, certainly... Well, you still need to mind the graphs.

Another q. Ihave this error. Only play with your mod. When i entry in a mission

Damn, you're correct - I somehow lost this map file. I'll attach it here as a hotfix.

Offline unaghy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »
Hi,

Im having a problem that when I do not manage to shoot down battleship on retaliation mission, then game crashes to desktop without any error message as soon as battleship reaches my base.

I tried to prepare my Ravens near the base, however battleship speed is too high (3200 knots) to catch it with more than two Ravens. I have reloaded dozen times and tried different variations without success.

I´m using only this mod pack and enjoying greatly new experience so far. Therefore I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

Save attached. Battleship will appear at 9:30 over UAE.

Thanks,
Unaghy

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 01, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »
At the moment i dont have problems. In my game i shot down over 200 ufos. May be uodate the game to last nighlie and try again

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »
Hi,

Im having a problem that when I do not manage to shoot down battleship on retaliation mission, then game crashes to desktop without any error message as soon as battleship reaches my base.

I tried to prepare my Ravens near the base, however battleship speed is too high (3200 knots) to catch it with more than two Ravens. I have reloaded dozen times and tried different variations without success.

I´m using only this mod pack and enjoying greatly new experience so far. Therefore I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

Save attached. Battleship will appear at 9:30 over UAE.

Thanks,
Unaghy
A work around in case you want go on until issue is solved : set the damage capacity of battleship to 100 so that you can destroy it
How to :
- exit game
- backup your OpenXcom folder (winzip or so)
- open XCom1Ruleset.rul with notepad++
- look for "ufos:" section
- go to STR_BATTLESHIP
- update damageMax from 3000 to 100
- run game and load savegame
- shoot it up
- save game and exit
- set damageMax back to 3000
- have fun

Offline Cineko88

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »
Hi, I have the same problem when a battleship attacks my base (I don't try shooting it down, just letting aliens enter - Polish hospitality :P). When initializing defence mission the game closes without error or warning. I've made some experiments selling out some equipment right before alien assault and the reason seems to be a problem related to smoke pellets. When I have them more than needed for loading drones I have in the attacked base (6 per scout drone), the game closes. When I haven't spare smoke pellets, base defence mission initializes perfectly. I'm not a modder so I'm not sure, but maybe the game is trying to place smoke pellets on battlescape? For now I just replenish smoke pellet stock to the needed number after every mission and I don't have any problem with base defence.

By the way it's great, challenging mod. I love the idea of longer research which makes you to develop tactics depending on what tech you get in interrogations. Thank you for your work on it. Can't wait to play new releases with loads of new balanced stuff. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2014, 06:17:11 pm »
Guys, good news: there is indeed a problem with the smoke pellets, and one that can be easily fixed.

Many thanks Cineko88, without your info it'd take me who knows how long. I wouldn't know myself, because I don't normally use drones...

I'll post an updated version ASAP! Like, within an hour I hope.

EDIT: It's up on the mod page! Sorry about this, I'm trying to screen all mods I'm including, but it's just too much data. Now we have one bug less.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:26:54 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2014, 02:09:13 am »
Well, as far as I can tell, small radars are pretty pointless in any given scenario - in all my experience, I've only had one for as long as it took me to build a big one, and they never came up again. I might suggest a crossbreed of radar and transmission resolver - high {total?} likelihood of detection, but with no additional information.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2014, 03:31:51 am »
A question. How many elerium needs the plasma beam for the ships. In my game is drinking all elerium!!!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2014, 04:12:22 am »
A question. How many elerium needs the plasma beam for the ships. In my game is drinking all elerium!!!

1 unit of Elerium per shot. :D

(Yes, this makes me feel good :) )

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2014, 04:24:16 am »
Hello Solarius! Thanks for updating the mod!
As there were a rush of mod updates today, I would like to ask if you included in the FMP the following latests versions:

- Gauss Mod v1.5
- Terrain Missions Pack v1.9.7
- Recycled Alien Collection v1.3

Thanks again!  8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2014, 04:27:39 am »
- Gauss Mod v1.5
- Terrain Missions Pack v1.9.7
- Recycled Alien Collection v1.3

No. 1 and 3 are my mods, which belong to the FMP and will always be updated with it (actually, the FMP is updated first, because that's what I'm actually playing!). And Hobbes' work will be updated too, since I'm basically his cultist. :P