Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580501 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2014, 03:31:36 pm »
No problem, I've fixed my copy myself, I'm only posting it here so you can fix it in the next release.

Come to think of it... Your mod is primarily a compilation, so is anybody fixing the original mods if they contain an error too?

I can't guarantee that, I just don't know. :) But I'll try to report stuff to the creators.

Still, this particular tank is from my own mod. And it's fine there, the error was created on import.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:05 pm »
I am testing french translation before upload

I found an error in US/EN files (release 0.5.3) :
- Lines 15212 & 15554 : STR_THUNDERSTORM_INTERCEPTOR: Thundestorm Interceptor => Thunderstorm Interceptor

EDIT : french translation attached (based on release 0.5.3)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:08:41 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:15 pm »
Cool, thanks! I've included this in the latest version.

Apart from fixes, I experimentally made laser and gauss weapons easier to research, since they were taking ages to discover.

Offline PegasusOrgans

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:31 pm »
Any other new mods being considered for addition? Maybe a list of possible mods not added yet, or a poll to see which mods people want to see added most?

Also, certain mods people might consider "over the top" or not "graphically appealing" like "Mass Accelerator Technology" might be made optional, with a
note that explains why it might not be in ppls best interest to install.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2014, 05:17:13 pm »
Any other new mods being considered for addition? Maybe a list of possible mods not added yet, or a poll to see which mods people want to see added most?

Sure, I'm considering new possibilities all the time. Can't say much at this point, since I'm currently polishing what is already there.

As for the list, well, there is one: of the mods included. Making a list of all OpenXCom mods in the world would be difficult, and futile. If it's not on the list, it's not included!

Also, certain mods people might consider "over the top" or not "graphically appealing" like "Mass Accelerator Technology" might be made optional, with a

There's no way to make a feature optional - it it's there, it's there. Well, if it's X-Com equipment, you don't have to sue it. :) But I'm trying to keep nearly everyone happy.

And if the mod is not included in the pack, it is indeed "optional" - you can run it separately along the FMP.

EDIT:

An update! Some fixes, some improvements and some upgrades. Download it from the usual place.

EDIT 2:

Oops, two errors. Download 0.5.4b, or you'll never research Medikit or Lasers/Gauss.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:29:39 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

Sure, I'm considering new possibilities all the time. Can't say much at this point, since I'm currently polishing what is already there.

As for the list, well, there is one: of the mods included. Making a list of all OpenXCom mods in the world would be difficult, and futile. If it's not on the list, it's not included!

There's no way to make a feature optional - it it's there, it's there. Well, if it's X-Com equipment, you don't have to sue it. :) But I'm trying to keep nearly everyone happy.

And if the mod is not included in the pack, it is indeed "optional" - you can run it separately along the FMP.

EDIT:

An update! Some fixes, some improvements and some upgrades. Download it from the usual place.

EDIT 2:

Oops, two errors. Download 0.5.4b, or you'll never research Medikit or Lasers/Gauss.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »
you can include:
*improved nations
*Scout armour
*hq sounds
*debriefing_soldier_stats

and thx for the mod ;D ;D ;D

i update to last version and i dont see mekit and laser weapons
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:56:35 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »
Thanks for the input, Arr!
Well, HQ Sounds are probably nice, I haven't checked them out yet. I need to do it ASAP.
Improved Nations are a bit incomplete, so I don't want to add them now; what bothers me the most is lack of national borders. If they are done, I'll probably add them too. (But this mod is easy to run along the FMP, so for now you can just enable both.)
Honestly I don't know what the Scout Armour is, but I haven't started working on the armours in general yet. I have some notes and ideas though. :)
And what's Debriefing_soldier_stats? :o

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »
Sorry: is this https://www.openxcom.com/mod/soldier-diaries-stat-tracking

But in this momment i don see the research of laser weapons and medickit

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:12 pm »
Sorry: is this https://www.openxcom.com/mod/soldier-diaries-stat-tracking

Ah. No no no, this is a great thing but unfinished, requires exe substitution, prevents nightly updates and I don't want to force on the players something that I don't use myself because of all the above. :) Hopefully it gets integrated into the game soon, I can't wait myself.

But in this momment i don see the research of laser weapons and medickit

Yes. And? :D

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:03 pm »
This researchs normally are avalible at the start of the game?? I see the bug log of the laster version. If idont see this research in my game. I have a bug game??? Sorry for my english. Im spanish

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:44 pm »
this mod changes the research tree - one aim is to make a longer game
so laser/medikit are not available at the start
if you do not want that at the moment you can only deactivate the mod
Edit:
but you can buy shiny new weapons and a basic medikit in the store

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »
Ok, i understand. No problem. Great mod and 1 more time thx

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:32 pm »
Honestly I don't know what the Scout Armour is, but I haven't started working on the armours in general yet. I have some notes and ideas though. :)

My own attempt at creating an OXC mod. Not even a day old, so don't be surprised you're not aware of it. Myself, I'd wait and see what people think before including it into a compilation mod. I'm glad arrakis69ct likes it but I'd wait for more opinions.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2014, 05:35:37 pm »
My own attempt at creating an OXC mod. Not even a day old, so don't be surprised you're not aware of it. Myself, I'd wait and see what people think before including it into a compilation mod. I'm glad arrakis69ct likes it but I'd wait for more opinions.

Yes, thanks, I've seen it in the meantime. Well, I do have something similar in mind, but working on armours should be done in a complex manner; one cannot simply take them one at a time and just add to the game, they should form a coherent system. One of the basic guidelines for this modpack is not changing vanilla items, but otherwise it should all fall together. Therefore, I will naturally consider any good armour mod, but they'll likely be subject to adjustments.

You know, let me attach the armour summary file. If anyone's interested, it contains basic info. See this post: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2159.msg26485#msg26485
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:38:41 pm by Solarius Scorch »