aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580374 times)

Offline Vulgar Monkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »
Since we're on the subject of armours, that reminds me of something I keep meaning to ask.
Since we now have stat effects attached, is it possible to have power suits add strength and encumberance, for example?

Always struck me that a Fallout-esque element would make a lot of sense there, and would add extra utility to the top tier armour beyond simple durability. Might make it interesting to add very heavy weapons that can only be used with suit augmentation?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »
Since we're on the subject of armours, that reminds me of something I keep meaning to ask.
Since we now have stat effects attached, is it possible to have power suits add strength and encumberance, for example?

Yes, it's easy to do. Armours can modify all stats. Like this (from the Piratez mod):

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_POWER_SUIT_UC
    stats:
       tu: -15
       reactions: -15

So this particular armour is woefully slow.

Always struck me that a Fallout-esque element would make a lot of sense there, and would add extra utility to the top tier armour beyond simple durability. Might make it interesting to add very heavy weapons that can only be used with suit augmentation?

Yeah, this is planned. At some point. Soon. :)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2014, 10:25:11 pm »
Actually, I think I have all strings in one place already. Attached is the file with the strings in all languages that are represented in the mod, though most are incomplete.

I can translate from French, but not to French. :) So if you could fill in the blanks, I'll include them in the ruleset ASAP.

Translators to other languages are welcome too!

I will do it on thursday or friday, and will consider en-US as reference

I first compared en-GB and en-US

- Lacking in en-GB compared to en-US
Spoiler:
      STR_ALIEN_FLYBY: Alien UFO Flyby
      STR_ALIEN_RAID: Alien Surprise Raid
      STR_NATIVEURBAN: Native (Farm + Jungle)
      STR_RAIDERS_EARLY: Special Alien Crew (Early Game)
      STR_RAIDERS_LATE: Special Alien Crew (Late Game)
      STR_RAIDERS_MID: Special Alien Crew (Mid Game)
      STR_RAIDER_SHIP: Raider Ship

- Duplicated in en-GB
Spoiler:
      STR_CORPSE_JUMP_ARMOR: Damaged Jump Armour
      STR_REPAIR_JUMP_ARMOR: Jump Armour Repair

To compare, I put en-GB in a first file, en-US in a second file, sorted them both then compared (see attached files)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:31:59 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2014, 10:44:50 pm »
or use the modtester :) :
STR_SNIPER_RIFLE', 'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP defined multiple times in extraStrings en-US
'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE', 'STR_REPAIR_JUMP_ARMOR', 'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP', 'STR_CORPSE_JUMP_ARMOR', 'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA' defined multiple times in extraStrings en-GB

STR_HWP_GAUSS_AMMO', 'STR_ALIEN_POWER_SYSTEMS_UFOPEDIA in pl but not in en-US
STR_HWP_GAUSS_SHELLS in fr but not in en-GB,
STR_ALIEN_POWER_SYSTEMS_UFOPEDIA in pl but not in en-GB
'STR_RAIDERS_LATE', 'STR_RAIDERS_MID', 'STR_HWP_GAUSS_SHELLS', 'STR_RAIDERS_EARLY', 'STR_ALIEN_RAID', 'STR_ALIEN_FLYBY', 'STR_NATIVEURBAN', 'STR_RAIDER_SHIP' in en-US but not in en-GB

STR_POWER_SYSTEMS_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL_CLIP'], ' in en-GB but not in pl
STR_HWP_GAUSS_SHELLS in fr but not in pl
STR_POWER_SYSTEMS_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_RAIDERS_LATE', 'STR_RAIDERS_MID', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_HWP_GAUSS_SHELLS', 'STR_RAIDERS_EARLY', 'STR_ALIEN_RAID', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL_CLIP', 'STR_ALIEN_FLYBY', 'STR_NATIVEURBAN', 'STR_RAIDER_SHIP', 'STR_MACHINE_PISTOL' in en-Us but not in pl

es/de/sk/ru/cz/it many missing stgrings

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2014, 02:34:31 am »
Yeah thanks, I know it needs cleaning up... I'll do that myself, but I can't translate it :)

EDIT:
Updated the file, since there were some issues with coding.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:05:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2014, 01:15:38 am »
Since I can't edit the first post, I'm putting it here:

THE FIRST VERSION OF THE FINAL MOD PACK IS RELEASED!

And it can be downloaded from here: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack

It's not perfect yet, but it's fully functional and works as intended.

I don't have much else to say, since everything is in the readme. Have fun playing! :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:55:57 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline phobos2077

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2014, 08:44:59 am »
I'm a bit skeptical about this whole "final mod pack" idea. The name suggests YOUR vision of good balance and good mods are the only true. I always dislike such arrogance...
Maybe you should rename it to "Solar's mod compilation" or something like that. I plan to make my own mod compilation in future (when I get down to playing the game again), but with only a portion of mods included and rebalanced (to improve variety to a certain extent, for example - exclude mods that add overpowered items in the game that, when balanced, make no sense anymore; also, I don't like having 10 weapons of exactly same stats with different icons).

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:54 pm »
In my opinion,
it is a welcome feature have a big mods that was well checked to mod compatibility.
and its test eventualy will produce warning on incompatibility

As all mods, someone could remarks what he does not like or could changes as he prefer.

For the name ... its a name ...

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:52:27 pm by davide »

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »
Since I can't edit the first post, I'm putting it here:

THE FIRST VERSION OF THE FINAL MOD PACK IS RELEASED!

And it can be downloaded from here: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack

It's not perfect yet, but it's fully functional and works as intended.

I don't have much else to say, since everything is in the readme. Have fun playing! :D
Does this need/expect the latest nightly?
Also can't seem to find it in the mod options. But the I just added it to my previous mod game folder. Will try reinstalling vanilla and the the FMP.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:13:07 pm by SenniTrebor »

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2014, 11:04:41 pm »
I really wanted to use this mod pack, but when i installed it every time i went to run openxcom it would say "openxcom has stopped working". this makes me sad.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2014, 02:26:01 am »
I really wanted to use this mod pack, but when i installed it every time i went to run openxcom it would say "openxcom has stopped working". this makes me sad.

Bummer.  I did install the nightly 07_01_0845 and am not having any problems like you describe.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it; I didn't try it with 1.0.  I also added the Commendations mod 0621 without any problems (thus far).

Offline PegasusOrgans

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2014, 09:26:47 am »
Will the Mass Accelerator Mod be added? I know there is some issues with the graphics not being up to the standard but it is a new, interesting tier that can be justified with a powered up tier of aliens.

Offline Longshanks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2014, 09:30:24 am »
So, I have not read through this entire post. Is the research progression tree in the op still accurate for the fmp? If not can someone direct me to the latest version of it? I started a playthrough yesterday and would like to confirm that research topics are being unlocked properly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2014, 05:07:38 pm »
So, I have not read through this entire post. Is the research progression tree in the op still accurate for the fmp? If not can someone direct me to the latest version of it? I started a playthrough yesterday and would like to confirm that research topics are being unlocked properly.

Hi Longshanks,

Many thanks for your offer. The truth is, there's way too many items to really answer it here, but the general ideology of the mod is as following (marked as spoiler for those who'd prefer to discovered it themselves):

Spoiler:
At first, you can only research the Motion Scanner. Once you have your first UFO remains, you can examine Alloy Alloys and then research Personal Armour and Alloy Ammo, but you won't get anywhere with plasma and the like. You should start with alien autopsy, which will lead you to Alien Containment and therefore living aliens. The first interrogation will unlock Alien Power Systems, which will give you the option to dissect alien tech like UFO Power Source. Later, further interrogations and dissections will unlock other tech, including building blocks for lasers, gauss rifles and plasmas.

I would also like to know if you suffer from the Medipack crash bug. This is a strange issue that some people have, and I need more info. (As I understand, having a Medipack in your inventory crashes the game on battle end.)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2014, 05:21:07 pm »
i got the crash if i put the medipack in my hand and turn (walking straight ahead works fine - so i can heal others if they are standing norteast of my doctor - perhaps its a feng shui thing :) )