Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580153 times)

Offline xcomv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3255 on: December 11, 2021, 04:40:01 am »
Can someone tell me if this mod is actually working fine on superhuman difficulty or if it's just TOO DIFFICULT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING

it's like the 8th time i try on ironman/superhuman and my feeling is that there is just no way someone can finish this with this difficulty setting, am i right or i'm just playn bad?

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: December 11, 2021, 01:00:49 pm »
Can someone tell me if this mod is actually working fine on superhuman difficulty or if it's just TOO DIFFICULT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING

it's like the 8th time i try on ironman/superhuman and my feeling is that there is just no way someone can finish this with this difficulty setting, am i right or i'm just playn bad?

I've completed it on Difficulty Level 4 (Genius). I haven't done a level 5 (Superhuman) run of the Final Mod Pack yet but I think it should be possible.

Tips on surviving at higher difficulty levels:
Spoiler:
My advice is to move always with priority on cover and rely on mutual surprise to prevent immediate reaction fire.

And smoke, lots of smoke. Try to keep a thick barrier of smoke between you and the enemy almost constantly.

If you are using the "Alternate movement method" option, walking around corners by "Strafing" so that any aliens and the X-Com soldier will see each other at the exact same second triggering mutual surprise.

Information on "Alternate movment method" setting:
Holding CTRL while selecting movement makes soldiers run. If it is a only movment by a single tile they will keep the direction they are facing if the movement is to the left or right of the soldiers currently faced direction. (Running takes more energy)

When opening doors, don't open it with the soldier who is going to step through. Instead have a second soldier diagonal with the doorway that opens it with right-mouse click.

If the aliens start trying to mind control a soldier make them drop their weapons and don't rely on them for the mission.

For base defence remember that aliens will be coming in through the access lift and the hangers so build the layout around that.

Also during a base defence mission you can field many more tanks then when you are on a normal mission.

Offline xcomv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: December 12, 2021, 03:24:42 am »
I've completed it on Difficulty Level 4 (Genius). I haven't done a level 5 (Superhuman) run of the Final Mod Pack yet but I think it should be possible.

Tips on surviving at higher difficulty levels:
Spoiler:
My advice is to move always with priority on cover and rely on mutual surprise to prevent immediate reaction fire.

And smoke, lots of smoke. Try to keep a thick barrier of smoke between you and the enemy almost constantly.

If you are using the "Alternate movement method" option, walking around corners by "Strafing" so that any aliens and the X-Com soldier will see each other at the exact same second triggering mutual surprise.

Information on "Alternate movment method" setting:
Holding CTRL while selecting movement makes soldiers run. If it is a only movment by a single tile they will keep the direction they are facing if the movement is to the left or right of the soldiers currently faced direction. (Running takes more energy)

When opening doors, don't open it with the soldier who is going to step through. Instead have a second soldier diagonal with the doorway that opens it with right-mouse click.

If the aliens start trying to mind control a soldier make them drop their weapons and don't rely on them for the mission.

For base defence remember that aliens will be coming in through the access lift and the hangers so build the layout around that.

Also during a base defence mission you can field many more tanks then when you are on a normal mission.

Thank you
can someone please also tell me why the soldiers stats are sometimes going down and not coming up again?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: December 12, 2021, 11:00:23 pm »
Other than being wounded?
The next best reason would be equipping them with some specific armor (some have negative stat "bonuses").

Offline xcomv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: December 14, 2021, 05:57:39 pm »
I'm about to complete a genius ironman run, and oh boy  have no words to express how much I admire both who made all these mods and the genius who grouped them in such a balanced way! It would be practically impossible for me to go back to the vanilla game, it was the ultimate xcom experience! I have three observations to make:

1 It seems to me that there is some small bug or at least inaccuracy in the search tree, especially as regards the ammo of the laser rifle, the ammo of the toxigun and maybe some other small thing, maybe something is also due to some translation error

2 Dogs are great early game when your soldiers are very weak, but when you start to have heavy armor, gauss and especially plasma they are definitely overpowered. having 4 or or 5 dogs at that point seems to cheat. Maybe the TU are really just too much

3 I may have been particularly unlucky in my superhuman runs, and I will definitely try again, but the feeling I have is that the gap between genius and superhuman is gigantic. maybe trying again with the experience of now I will find it more feasible, but I really remember a notable difference, it didn't seem possible to be able to beat it

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: December 17, 2021, 01:40:29 pm »

I Just beat the game last night on Superhuman (finished Cydonia on superhuman). So yes, its very beatable.
Is it difficult ? Hell yes. Takes for ever to kill sectopods and Cyberdisks. They have like Superhuman life. Not only that but the population of aliens (spawned enemy's) is ridicules. I've had some missions with 49 kills in one mission. However this helps boost your solders stats really early on.
The key here is to use High Explosives. They have 200 Damage. that means one hit will blow these mechanical alien pricks into pieces.

Your real problem are aliens like Gazza or Ethrals who you shoot 6 times with heavy Plazma and does hardly nothing.
Keep every single solider armed with a high explosive in one hand (already primed).
- When in doubt, throw it out.

Good luck Commander.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: December 17, 2021, 02:00:38 pm »
Sorry for the double post but here are some tips for the Final Mod Pack on Superhuman...

1 - Smoke bombs. In higher difficulty modes, you need smoke. Once you land, sometimes there will be up to 5 or 6 aliens waiting at the ramp. So once you pop one solider out to scout the battlefield, you'll be picked off instantly and the solider will be turned into a pile of meat on the ground.

2- Early on, use the grenade launcher and assault rifles (research AP ammo ASAP).

3- once you get your hands on the multi launcher, manufacture as many rocket packs as possible. it only takes 3 good hits with the multi launcher to take out a cyberdisk.

4- Use high explosives for Sectopods. their armor is thick. if all possible, hit them from the back (their armor is weaker from the back). They also go down easier with laser weapons.

5- Before you get your hands on Plazma, get the heavy Rail guns. they are not as accurate but they do major damage to your enemy's.

6- Anti gravity suits will be the first flying suits available in the research tree. If on a Terror mission with Snakemen, there are sure to be Chrysalis. their powers are useless against you as long as your not on the ground. fly above them and pick them off.

7- Always carry a couple chumps with you to open the doors during battle scape missions. Let them be the sacrifice for your good solders you want to keep and build stats for.

8- Don't just sack solders. Sometimes the worse stats solders will turn into hero's.

9- Put your best snipers in the rear of the Skymarshall. These 2 guys see a lot of action popping out the 2 rear doors These 2 solders will also end up being your best at some point. You can also turn one of them sideways and click the right button to open the door (instead of dropping on the ground where you are vulnerable).

10- Built multiple labs and multiple workshops. once you get rolling around March of 1999 you should have 2 labs/100 scientists and 2 workshops/80 engineers.
Get the engineers working at all time to make money. I have found one can make 50 motion detectors a month in the early stages of the game to rake in a lot of cash. This will pay for hired solders, engineers, scientists.

Victory screen for Superhuman
https://imgur.com/a/lHPgYAM
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 04:50:15 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3262 on: December 18, 2021, 12:06:38 pm »
Version 2.9 is released!

- New soldier nationalities: Armenian, Belarusian, Croatian, Cuban, Estonian, Faroese, Icelandic, Indonesian, Iranian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Mexican, Mongolian, Saudi Arabian, Senegalese, South African, Swiss, Tajik, Thai, Ugandan, Uzbek, Vietnamese.
- Some name files expanded.
- 4 new Jungle maps (collab with Dioxine).
- 1 new Postindustrial map (by Dioxine).
- Battleship walls are less transparent.
- Improved graphics for some ranked aliens (by The Martian).

I was told that FMP doesn't play well with the new OXCEs. I have tested it and found no issues, but let me know if there's something off.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: December 18, 2021, 08:40:06 pm »
Thank you so much Solarious.
Do install over the old one i have ? or just add it ?

Looking forward to trying this out.
I appreciate yours and everyone else's efforts here. You have really made me love this game even more.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: December 19, 2021, 09:15:39 am »
You're very welcome!

And to reply, it's an new version, not a hotfix.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: December 23, 2021, 08:58:43 pm »
No bugs found here in newest version of OXCE, Great new version of FMP.
Is there a change in Alloys recovered from crash sites?  I think I noticed a considerable difference (less in this latest mod) but it could just be me.
Merry Christmas my friend to all other alien hunters, happy holidays, new year.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: December 26, 2021, 08:37:42 pm »
No bugs found here in newest version of OXCE, Great new version of FMP.

Good!
(I hope to add some more OXCE-only goodness... but we'll see howe it goes.)

Is there a change in Alloys recovered from crash sites?  I think I noticed a considerable difference (less in this latest mod) but it could just be me.

No, I haven't touched it.

Merry Christmas my friend to all other alien hunters, happy holidays, new year.

And the same from me! :) (even if it's a bit late)

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 04, 2022, 10:55:29 am »
A bug was noticed when counting odds - when you stand in front of the gate, which is 2 cells and make your way through the closed gate diagonally, it counts 8 odds, but in reality 4 odds for opening the gate and 6 odds per step diagonally.

Well, the feature is a little unpleasant when you shoot from a turn at a highlighted enemy, but you yourself still do not see him, then you turn and one may not be enough for the shot itself, because turning is still a movement.  Similarly, when, while moving, you notice the enemy on the turn - he managed to turn as if with a strafe, but the strafe itself did not occur, but a turn occurred and the enemy was noticed, and therefore the turn was counted and the strafe was not.

Well, the situation was very similar to restarting the game:
 I play superman.  On January 1, I caught a very small one and twice wounded an alien in it and then pumped well the throw simply by throwing objects several times per turn for several moves until the alien died from fatal wounds on the 5th turn.  And the result - on January 5, a battleship flew to my base with revenge (!).  Obviously, the murdered one was the son of some mafia boss and she came with the whole gang to take revenge on me.  The first move - the most hardcore - I look out from behind the bend, and at the exit from the gateway, a cyberdisk stands and shoots a warning, it's good that I missed.  I had to drive him all over the base before he croaked.  As a result, there were 5 such quaks, and even 18 aliens, two of which were with plasma blasters and - where they dug them up - one Martian brain knows for sure, but I will ask him about it at the end of the game - has not yet made it to the avenger yet.  32 moves scattered the guts of the aliens at his own base in the end - well, he had such protection to the tentaculates ... The oil of what was looking for ammunition all over the base because there was not enough, Duck also caught a joke - I open the doors, two cyberdiscs lit me, I shoot at my neighbor  , but it is not he who shoots in response, but the distant one and misses hitting the neighbor - he explodes and explodes the distant one and takes me, the one who fired, with two pieces of the wall and the gate behind the company.  It crashed, of course notably.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:36:03 am by godar »

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 07, 2022, 03:22:52 pm »
Misunderstandings continue:
 - if a player throws something under him, he necessarily turns to the south before that and one is spent per turn, although I did not ask him to turn.  therefore, if you are facing north, you can throw it on the cell to the north for the same number of odes and then stand on it.
 - If you shoot at the target without first highlighting, then the projectile simply flies through the invisible target and flies further.  This means that on unlit targets you must use bombs or guided missiles in order to shoot exactly at the place, regardless of what is on it.
 - shooting from a pump-action shotgun, you can hit an ally and inflict damage to him in 1hp - friendly - get a black order for this (you had to duck, Karl, so as not to get a slap on the head) and ... My soldier does not go to the hospital for one  day - a cuff 1 from a friend does not need treatment.  What can I say - I was lucky, the system forgave me.
 - strangeness with a dog.  It turns out that it can be additionally equipped before the battle and in the battle itself.  That is, you can give her a grenade and she can cock it (a full turn is spent) and on the next turn throw it by 2 cells and move away by 5. Moreover, the dog can be given a pistol (regular, pocket, short free, laser, nuclear laser, plasma  ) and she will be able to shoot from it, though almost without moving, but maybe you can throw this weapon at her, force her to pick it up, shoot and throw it.  Accuracy is 0%, but the main thing is that she can do it.  With its 80 odes at the start, this is a very useful unit, especially when defending a base, when someone needs to open the gate and move away.
 - many write that the best layout of the base is all 3 hangars on top and the airlock connects to one of them and then the rest of the buildings go through it.  There is a more successful configuration - three gates.  Hangars are placed from below, the gateway clings to the average at coordinates 4.4.  And the radar is 4.2.  This gives passages covered by the gates of the hangars themselves, and thus in the airlock you have three gates and in the passage with the radar - 1. You have a decent delay to regroup after the first wave and before it and an alternative passage to eliminate difficult opponents.  But for quiet maneuvers, you need 2 cells, and therefore I place the workshop, laboratory and living areas in a 2 * 3 rectangle next to these two buildings.  I get a very compact and well-defended base.
 - I built a corridor and it turned out to be an absolutely useless building - really, it would be better to place a storage there - and it will add space and build it faster.  Maybe it is worth changing the construction time (ideally 2 days) and adding something there for defense, such as gates at all 4 ends or turrets or additional passageways on the second floor with stairs to the first.  That is a tactical advantage.
 - Oddities with a reconnaissance drone - he knows how to shoot with smoke, but with 0% accuracy (!) That is, he cannot be asked to smoke someone, only himself.  This would be very helpful when attacking 2 * 2 with enfilade fire, when you need to shoot someone under the cover of smoke.  In other words, the drone should be given the accuracy of the shot, otherwise it makes no sense to buy it even as a scout - a dog with a smoke grenade can handle it cheaper and better.
 - pharmacy oddities - it does not heal for non-fatal wounds.  That is, if there is a fatal wound, it heals it and cures 3xp, and if there is no wound, then it does not heal anything, even if it spends one.  The bottom line is that I do not yet know how to treat scratches.  And by the way, I was able to heal the alien with a pharmacy and get a field doctor for it.  Yes, the alien was under control and without a weapon, but I suddenly wondered what would happen if I came up to him from behind and stuck a stimulator ... Fallout Foreva.
 - a multi-rocket launcher is an imbalance from the start and its power would be reduced for balance.  Damage from 70 to 58-60 and the number of shots in the queue from 4 to 3 and cut the size of the magazine from 8 to 6. Otherwise, the whole campaign is passed without any difficulty with this installation - after all, it weighs only 17 kg with a box and we add a bulletproof vest.  Many soldiers have 25 strength at the start.  The bottom line is that we get a single-celled pumpable rocket tank, which can be regarded as cheating.  Well, there is a desire to equip it with a box with incendiary or smoke rockets and thus receive an additional type of damage (68-70 if balanced) and a replacement for a reconnaissance drone.
 - the final ending is one, no matter how I wet this brain (!).  They write to me that I treated him to plasma, but I did not.  It is worth in the text of this ending to indicate exactly how you hit the brain, otherwise it’s not clear.
 Well, the brain is a building, an inanimate object that I cannot probe or take control, although I would like to.  This would allow you to get an alternative ending in which you enter into a contract with the brain and become similar to MHF or their subdivision (half-loss).
 - Your base cannot be determined if there are no buildings in it for living soldiers - living quarters, workshops, laboratories.  I checked on the base with a hangar, an airlock and a radar - even having caught aliens three times near it, I did not get revenge - the patrol ship simply did not smell it.  On the other hand, if there are living quarters, workshops, laboratories, but no soldiers, then even if there is air defense, the base can be captured without ground combat.
 - Air defense - suitable only for the defense of the base and then it is worth remembering what it is attacked with - only with a battleship with 3200 hp.  And the defense deals 500-800 damage with a hit probability of 50-80%.  The bottom line is that you need to build from 5 to 13 (!) Such air defense systems - to glue the base with them in the literal sense.  This made them useless in the old hsom.  Maybe it is worth changing this in a new one by making attacks on the base even with a patrol ship and also doubling the damage done.  Otherwise, even an anti-gravity shield does not greatly reduce the bulkiness of such a defense - you need 4 cells for it at least so that you can shoot down a battleship.  Well, or give the air defense the ability to shoot down the same UFO at a certain distance from the base, which will allow you not to fly after them in fighters or a fighter plane to lure the UFO under the base so that the air defense will deal with it.
 - an interesting question arose - why should I fly to Kydonia on the avenger?  Why can't I get there by any ship using Elerium-115 with a cargo hold?  That is, lightning (8,1,30), firestorm (10,1,20), fist (18,4,60) avenger (26,4,60).  This will add more alternate playthroughs for the final battle.  You will say that 26 people are difficult to get through there, but it was difficult for me to transfer them all to the elevator while part of the team was covering and my move lasted a long time because it was necessary to move everyone.  Therefore, many times I flew with an incomplete composition or actively used tanks.
 - well, and one more thing - I just can't see the full map of any base except when defending.  I would like it.  But for now ... What is not there is not and this is sad.
 - a feature was noticed when defending the base.  If you have wounded at the start of her defense at the base, then they are healed instantly and go into battle with full characteristics.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:55:47 am by godar »

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 07, 2022, 09:30:55 pm »
ENGLISH, WASCALLY WABBIT! DO YOU SPEAK IT?