aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581195 times)

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3225 on: February 06, 2021, 03:50:01 am »
Bug: I somehow got a -7k score despite doing everything to thwart the aliens. I dont know if it was because I'm playing an older version or not but that was very weird. Lost the game instantly for that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3226 on: April 06, 2021, 12:04:05 pm »
Bug: I somehow got a -7k score despite doing everything to thwart the aliens. I dont know if it was because I'm playing an older version or not but that was very weird. Lost the game instantly for that.

What do the graphs say? You claim to do everything to thwart the aliens, but are you really sure?

Such a situation is usually caused by a MiB base somewhere you can't see. Check your graphs and if you notice any weird spikes, investigate the area.

EDIT: Version 2.8e has been released.

- Fixed brain spawn on Cydonia.
- Fixed Floater's grav device color (thanks The Martian).
- Fixed Mogadishu location (thx R1dO).
- Minor fixes.

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: April 10, 2021, 07:08:05 pm »
Hi Solarius Scorch!

Thank you for continuing to update this version. I'm still loving it!

I found a map error on one of the newer map tiles. The texture for a box is floating high in the air. Screenshot and savegame attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 12, 2021, 02:57:00 pm »
Hi Solarius Scorch!

Thank you for continuing to update this version. I'm still loving it!

Thank you! :)

I found a map error on one of the newer map tiles. The texture for a box is floating high in the air. Screenshot and savegame attached.

I see the boxes in your save, but couldn't reproduce it.

You have a number of other mods active, what is "mykmod ver: 1.0"?

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 13, 2021, 05:13:28 am »
Mykmod is just my personal customizations, unlikely to affect anything map-related, just a custom initial base layout and a few tweaks to soldier minimum stats.

I noticed that the floating boxes were only around the skymarshall. Could it be a conflict with that craft's extra length?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: April 14, 2021, 10:54:03 am »
Mykmod is just my personal customizations, unlikely to affect anything map-related, just a custom initial base layout and a few tweaks to soldier minimum stats.

I noticed that the floating boxes were only around the skymarshall. Could it be a conflict with that craft's extra length?

Like I said, I tested the Skymarshall on various maps and couldn't reproduce the issue. Nobody has complained about this before either, and I'm sure people would. I'm fairly sure it's something on your side.

Offline B@R5uk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: April 22, 2021, 04:32:33 pm »
I'm playing FMP v2.8e. Found some terrain tiles with zero moving cost (see images below). Do you need save file or something more to check?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:34:38 pm by B@R5uk »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: April 22, 2021, 07:49:53 pm »
Thanks, no save needed. I'll investigate.

EDIT: Fixed. It's a bit crude for a solution, but the player won't notice... 8)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:06:09 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline B@R5uk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:24 pm »
What was the problem about? By grass images I guess tile should have heightened unusual moving cost. Did map author forget to set tile properties?

And will fixes come with next version of mod and will be the version compatible with current saves?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: April 23, 2021, 12:04:58 am »
What was the problem about? By grass images I guess tile should have heightened unusual moving cost. Did map author forget to set tile properties?

No, I simply changed how grass works, to make it count as ground and not as an object. But I haven't updated the terrains. So this time I did it and also fixed some jungle maps (they share a tileset).

The crudeness is about the fact that now on jungle maps, grass is still placed as an object (even though it's ground now), but the only issue I can see right now is that it is slower to move through (as two ground costs stack), but it is legit enough in a jungle.

And will fixes come with next version of mod and will be the version compatible with current saves?

It will be compatible. I release periodically. You can always get the latest "nightly" from my GitHub: https://github.com/SolariusScorch/Final-Mod-Pack

Offline B@R5uk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:21 am »
No, I simply changed how grass works, to make it count as ground and not as an object.

Then this grass will be indestructible unlike wheat is in wheat fields. Sometimes it's handy to clean up path with grenade(s)...

There is one more thing, which i don't know what it is (typo or feature or what), but it keeps bothering me. A noun "hold" usually means something inside ship, used for containment, not outside appearance. Hence my doubts in red ellipse on the image below.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: April 23, 2021, 10:49:11 am »
Then this grass will be indestructible unlike wheat is in wheat fields. Sometimes it's handy to clean up path with grenade(s)...

What...? Sorry, but it sounds ridiculous. Why on Earth would I do something this absurd?

There is one more thing, which i don't know what it is (typo or feature or what), but it keeps bothering me. A noun "hold" usually means something inside ship, used for containment, not outside appearance. Hence my doubts in red ellipse on the image below.

Yes, of course I meant gold, thanks.

Offline Jin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 03, 2021, 08:15:36 pm »
This might be a dumb question, but how do I get alien electronics? I had 5 or so I got in the early game that all got used or sold, and now I need more for my production, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to get it. I haven't gotten any from ufos in the last few months, and I dont see it on the manufacturing screen even though I do belive I've researched it.

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 05, 2021, 07:00:32 am »
I believe you have to disassemble sectopods to get them

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 05, 2021, 09:44:19 pm »
and cyberdiscs...