aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580423 times)

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3180 on: December 04, 2020, 03:39:09 pm »
Tested before I checked back here, works like a charm. I'm curious, which version of the commendations mod is in the latest FMP version?

Little update on my game, those god forsaken sectoids just rolled out sectopods to hang around them! I haven't seen this before... I had to do two quick dust offs , only weapons which do more than scratch them are explosives and rockets. The scientists are way too busy interrogating captured aliens and they seem to not care much about how the troops are doing on the ground.... Those darned eggheads at the R&D.  ::)

I didn't poke around to see if that was some mixed crew or just sectoids having a stroll in a park with their favorite robot toys, that remains to be seen. But Solarius, you're just plain evil setting up stuff like this and I love it.  8) Another new curiosity was to see a mixed crew of MiB, hybrids and sectoid leader in the mix. So now they're totally in cahoots as I expected.

I'm playing an almost ironman game, letting my poor soldiers die and be replaced, I'm in September '99, only half way in and so far its second deadliest month. but no worries, I got 26 million $ so plenty of money to push new rookies into the meat grinder. To hell with ethics, the bugs must perish no matter the price.  >:(

EDIT:
I just had the first glimpse of some of the new terrains, really nice work! I'm yet to see what's done with the alien base terrain. :D Can't wait.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:01:35 pm by Hexhammer »

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 05, 2020, 08:30:35 am »
I'm curious, which version of the commendations mod is in the latest FMP version?
It is not the newly updated version, but you just have to replace the commendation resources folder to update the ufopedia entry.
If you should be annoyed by some text of the commendations mod being to long to display i have edited the language file accordingly and will attach it here. Feel free to use it in any shape or form

Spoiler:
copy and paste the resources folder of the commendations mod to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\Final Mod Pack and overwrite the existing commendations folder. The language file goes to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\Final Mod Pack\Language
Regards Carfax
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:43:36 am by Carfax »

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 05, 2020, 10:00:19 am »
It is not the newly updated version, but you just have to replace the commendation resources folder to update the ufopedia entry.
If you should be annoyed by some text of the commendations mod being to long to display i have edited the language file accordingly and will attach it here. Feel free to use it in any shape or form

Spoiler:
copy and paste the resources folder of the commendations mod to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\Final Mod Pack and overwrite the existing commendations folder. The language file goes to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\Final Mod Pack\Language
Regards Carfax

Thank you. Done. :D

Commendations & soldier diaries is one of my favorites, I really like how it makes generic soldiers into individuals. Back in the day when I was playing the original game, I made up such a system myself, made up symbols for different accomplishments and added them at the end of the soldiers name and kept track on it. I still mark down which soldiers are the most experienced and decorated, when ever they bite the dusts, then just the name tells me who is who. Another layer of micromanagement there.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3183 on: December 05, 2020, 11:58:08 am »
There's a new commendations version? :o

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 05, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »
I think with "new commendations mod"  people are referring to the one HellRazor posted on mod.io.
Looking at his git fork a few new medals were added (in march 2020). Also some restructuring of files (not sure how that plays out when you try to integrate).

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 05, 2020, 03:23:55 pm »
So far it seems to be working fine along the latest FMP.

In my game I have finally hit the brick wall and had to adjust the research efforts to compensate. Sectopods are showing up more than before and they're trouble walking, I just did a little test, shot down terror ship, at least four Sectopods roaming around, I shot at them with everything I had and ran out of HE + rockets as expected. One lost soldier and tactical retreat, the science team is now busy working on laser weapons and doing nice progress. I'm also able to research rail guns, I have never got to the point of trying those out yet so its gonna be interesting. I don't even know how the rail weapons look like or how they perform.  8) Just awesome, even after so many hours put in the FMP keeps giving me new things. I really like how tediously long the research tree is, even with 100 scientists working 24/7 its taken up to late September and there's no end in sight.

EDIT:
Solarius, I have a question for you, what are the armor stats of Sectopod at Genius difficulty? HE + Rockets feel like shooting fireworks against a tank. :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:53:07 pm by Hexhammer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: December 05, 2020, 05:14:30 pm »
Sorry, I don't know the exact values of difficulty bonuses... But I haven't messed with them in FMP, so they're the same as in vanilla - should be described somewhere in the Ufopedia.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 05, 2020, 07:27:57 pm »
Solarius, I have a question for you, what are the armor stats of Sectopod at Genius difficulty? HE + Rockets feel like shooting fireworks against a tank. :D
Sorry, I don't know the exact values of difficulty bonuses... But I haven't messed with them in FMP, so they're the same as in vanilla - should be described somewhere in the Ufopedia.

Spoiler:
The UFOpaedia site mentions that any difficulty level above "Beginner" uses 100% of an alien's armor. With the "Beginner" setting using only 50% of the enemy armor stat.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:29:42 pm by The Martian »

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 05, 2020, 09:08:46 pm »
My game just crashed, it said "invalid MCD file: TERRAIN/MOUNTSAND_NOCACTI.MCD" and then something about a log file. And I clicked the window too soon. Where's that crash log located?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 05, 2020, 11:50:42 pm »
Spoiler:
The UFOpaedia site mentions that any difficulty level above "Beginner" uses 100% of an alien's armor. With the "Beginner" setting using only 50% of the enemy armor stat.

Yes, but that's armour, while the question was about stats.

My game just crashed, it said "invalid MCD file: TERRAIN/MOUNTSAND_NOCACTI.MCD" and then something about a log file. And I clicked the window too soon. Where's that crash log located?

\OpenXcom\user\

I'd appreciate more info here.

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 06, 2020, 11:31:37 am »
Quote from: Solarius Scorch
I'd appreciate more info here.

I presume the file in question is the openxcom.log? It seems that the earlier stuff has been overwritten, there's only info about my latest restart from last night. Darn it.  Anyway, I wasn't able to reproduce that crash, I have played a bunch of missions on cactiless desert terrain without issues. If it happens again, I'll be not so hasty, take screenshots and report back here.

Martian, thanks, but that didn't tell anything about the exact stats I was looking for. I've seen those stats somewhere ages ago, doesn't really matter, but I was just asking out of curiosity if Solarius had made some touches to the Sectopod. (Knowing how the FMP works, nope, vanilla stuff hasn't been tampered with.)

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 06, 2020, 03:43:35 pm »
Ok, the game crashed again and now I got a screenie of the message and the logfile. This is what it says about the error:

[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: invalid MCD file: TERRAIN/MOUNTSAND_NOCACTI.MCD, check log file for more details.
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x54edd0 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::stackTrace(void*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x5526a0 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::crashDump(void*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x40dac0 exceptionLogger()
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0xa38bd8 MPEGaction::MPEGaction()
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x4c2800 OpenXcom::BattlescapeGenerator::generateMap(std::vector<OpenXcom::MapScript*, std::allocator<OpenXcom::MapScript*> > const*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x4c6ab0 OpenXcom::BattlescapeGenerator::run()
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x5d6b80 OpenXcom::ConfirmLandingState::btnYesClick(OpenXcom::Action*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x572f90 OpenXcom::InteractiveSurface::mouseClick(OpenXcom::Action*, OpenXcom::State*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x5733f0 OpenXcom::InteractiveSurface::handle(OpenXcom::Action*, OpenXcom::State*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x5bfbd0 OpenXcom::State::handle(OpenXcom::Action*)
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x569520 OpenXcom::Game::run()
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x40dd60 SDL_main
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x87dd20 console_main
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   ??
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x76406340 BaseThreadInitThunk
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x77c97b40 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[06-12-2020_15-38-12]   [FATAL]   0x77c97b40 RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 07, 2020, 11:39:52 am »
I've tested this terrain and it seems to work fine. So either your installation is botched or it's something more involved - I'd need a save to investigate further.

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 07, 2020, 03:37:20 pm »
I've tested this terrain and it seems to work fine. So either your installation is botched or it's something more involved - I'd need a save to investigate further.

Here you go, I'll attach it.

EDIT:
I tried this few times and got a curious result, it worked several times when I sent Ironfist dropship there, then trying it again makes the same crash happen no matter what. Only mods I have in use are FMP, HQ sounds for FMP and Cydonias Fall soundtrack (Including several songs I added to geo + battle.) I don't think this could be caused by mods as there's nothing to cause conflicts.

Hmm... Perhaps I should make a clean install of the game and see what happens.

EDIT2:

Clean install with the same everything as mentioned above and the crashing continues. It seems to be quite random, just a moment ago it worked two out of five times. Very weird, it seems the "nocacti desert" is the only thing that does it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:54:44 pm by Hexhammer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 08, 2020, 01:39:11 am »
Well, I tried like 20 times (with and without savescumming) and could not get even one crash. It's not a proof of anything by itself, but I can't fix a problem which I can't see...