Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580351 times)

Offline ParGellen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3150 on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:52 am »
Hi everyone loving this mod but thing I've run into a problem I'm able to manufacture alien laser rifle but there's not option to make the ammunition for it is this a glitch and will I have to start again as I'm sure I could manufacture them before then after researching laser weapons it dissappeared.

I'm having this same issue. I researched Alien Laser Rifle but never got an option to research the clips for it even though I've researched Elerium-115

Save file is attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3151 on: May 22, 2020, 11:15:20 am »
Some days ago I've started new game with new FMP 2.6. Now I've got a OXC crash (see image below) and am wondering: what to do? I've read some pages earlier about shaman voodoo with save file, but will it help permanently and without any loss? I mean game (or something) have placed these lines in save file so there is a need for them or they may be restored even after deletion.

OK, everything should work now.

And I also found some bugged terrain, not sure if it the same tileset from different angle or not.

This works fine now, too.

I'm having this same issue. I researched Alien Laser Rifle but never got an option to research the clips for it even though I've researched Elerium-115

Save file is attached.

But you clearly have both in your Ufopaedia...
Examining the save confirms it.

----

EDIT:

Version 2.7 has been released.

- Overhauled Geoscape to tidy up some terrains.
- New terrains: Postindustrial (by Dioxine), Commercial, Forest Marsh, Native Urban.
- Fixed and improved Port (by Dioxine), Forest (many blocks by Finnik), Desert and Farm terrains.
- Enabled City terrain for UFO landings.
- Fixed some walking units floating a little over the ground.
- Removed an unneeded variant of Anthropod race.

This version has some deep changes to the globe, so please report any unusual behaviour.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:44:25 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline ParGellen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: May 22, 2020, 03:37:07 pm »
But you clearly have both in your Ufopaedia...
Examining the save confirms it.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Oddly I never researched it and it doesn't show up in the list of items I can manufacture. I'll try a new playthrough with the new version and see if it happens again.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:50 pm »
How nice, a new version while i am still in the early stages of a new play-through. Me happy and willing to test "unusual behavior"  ;)

I did a basic diff with respect to the previous version (to get a feeling if it is safe enough to upgrade for my comfort level) and found a number of values that are marked as oxce only in the ruleset reference.
I'm not sure about the impact on the mod, but found it worth mentioning.

For "units_FMP.rul", the entries:
Code: [Select]
floatHeight:
For "mapScripts_FMP.rul", the entries:
verticalGroup:
crossingGroup:

P.s. If you decided that oxce is required for newer versions of this modpack, you can just ignore those points.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 22, 2020, 07:11:25 pm »
Unit floatHeight is OXC too.

The other two are OXCE only.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 22, 2020, 07:48:21 pm »
Thank you for conforming and sorry for the first one. Did not look good enough i suppose.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 23, 2020, 02:47:06 pm »
Oops! should have checked.

Will this cause problems with terrain generation? I think not, since standard roads are defined, but let me ask just in case.

BTW I shouldn't be saying this, but I'm getting tired of developing the FMP, since OXC soesn't seem to support even simple, essential functions... I know it's not really supposed to, because it's "to play the original game", but it makes FMP development pretty frustrating.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:48:05 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 23, 2020, 05:55:40 pm »
Although i'm quite the noob when it comes to mapscript i did some testing using the "skirmish" (new battle) function.
Using the "Terror mission" setup with the following terrains (if i understand the rules correctly those are the only ones affected):
  • Postindustrial  (mapscript: INDUSTRIALSLUM)
  • Port with Pier (mapscript: PORTTFTD)

The 1st one loads correctly and seems ok.
The 2nd one crashes consistently with the following log entries.
[23-05-2020_15-49-39] [FATAL] ./openxcom(OpenXcom::BattlescapeGenerator::addLine(OpenXcom::MapDirection, std::vector<SDL_Rect*, std::allocator<SDL_Rect*> > const*)+0xe9) [0x5574d0fc4fb9]
[23-05-2020_15-49-39] [FATAL] ./openxcom(OpenXcom::BattlescapeGenerator::generateMap(std::vector<OpenXcom::MapScript*, std::allocator<OpenXcom::MapScript*> > const*)+0xfcc) [0x5574d0fc82ac]

Although this seems more related to a "rects" definition. Altering the "mapscripts_FMP.rul" to the snippet below (e.g. disable the "rects") allows loading and then it looks ok.
  - type: PORTTFTD
    commands:
    - type: addLine
      direction: vertical
      verticalGroup: 5
#      rects:
#        - [5, 0, 1, 6]
    - type: addCraft
    - type: addUFO
    - type: addLine
      direction: vertical
    - type: addBlock
      size: 2
      executions: 4
    - type: fillArea
So from a basic look it seems the "verticalGroup" and "horizontalGroup" by themselves do not negatively affect map generation. Although i'm not sure how those maps are supposed to look like, they just seem ok at first glance ;)

As for your last comment:
If anyone has earned the right to make such a statement it surely must be you.
By maintaining/developping 2 huge mods you are in the unique position to experience first hand how much the 2 ruleset capabilities have diverged (from a modder perspective).
You have maintained FMP for longer than i can remember (thank you for that) and i can only say that it shows character you are still willing to spend time on a mod that limits you on what you can use (ruleset wise) while your skills has been honed to the capabilities of OXCE.

Offline ParGellen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 23, 2020, 07:52:12 pm »
What exactly is OpenXCom Extended? Is there a version of FMP that runs with it? I feel like I've missed something important (wouldn't be the first time lol).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 23, 2020, 08:04:33 pm »
OpenXCom Extended is OpenXCom that is Extended in modding capabilities and FMP should not needed it as it should be compatible with normal OXC

Offline ParGellen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 23, 2020, 08:09:20 pm »
OpenXCom Extended is OpenXCom that is Extended in modding capabilities and FMP should not needed it as it should be compatible with normal OXC

I see. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought by the posts above that Solarius Scorch was maintaining two versions of the same mod pack or something. One for OXC and one for OXCE. English is my first language but I never said I was very good at it  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 24, 2020, 05:57:16 pm »
Although i'm quite the noob when it comes to mapscript i did some testing using the "skirmish" (new battle) function.
Using the "Terror mission" setup with the following terrains (if i understand the rules correctly those are the only ones affected):
  • Postindustrial  (mapscript: INDUSTRIALSLUM)
  • Port with Pier (mapscript: PORTTFTD)

The 1st one loads correctly and seems ok.
The 2nd one crashes consistently with the following log entries.

(...)

So from a basic look it seems the "verticalGroup" and "horizontalGroup" by themselves do not negatively affect map generation. Although i'm not sure how those maps are supposed to look like, they just seem ok at first glance ;)

Thanks! You're one of the most reliable people in the community. Thanks for your continuous support through these years.

Anyway, removing that command will generate the map fin, just without the pier... It generates a second railroad instead. Bummer.

I'll just remove the entire command from this script.

As for your last comment:
If anyone has earned the right to make such a statement it surely must be you.
By maintaining/developping 2 huge mods you are in the unique position to experience first hand how much the 2 ruleset capabilities have diverged (from a modder perspective).

Well the OXCE is explicitly made to play the original game and nothing more complex.
Which is really frustrating for a modder - there's only so much you can do with it, and I reached this point years ago.

I see. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought by the posts above that Solarius Scorch was maintaining two versions of the same mod pack or something. One for OXC and one for OXCE. English is my first language but I never said I was very good at it  ;D

No worries. but it's actually the other way around, I maintain two different mods for OXC and OXCE :)

EDIT: Mod updated to 2.7a to fix this bug.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:01:38 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline ParGellen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 24, 2020, 06:17:38 pm »
No worries. but it's actually the other way around, I maintain two different mods for OXC and OXCE :)

That is awesome! Thank you for the hours of entertainment you have provided to me with FMP!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 24, 2020, 08:20:14 pm »
You're very welcome.
Please let me know if there are any other issues, since I don't actually play the FMP now.

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:12 am »
Are the Red Tasoths still in the game? I never encountered them during my playthrough.