aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1570313 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3045 on: June 22, 2019, 11:29:59 am »
The attraction of an ordinary pistol is maximum? Like a blaster rocket launcher? IMO it should be 5... well, or 7, like all the rest of simple weapons in this mod, including ammo for this pistol.

10 is not a maximum, it's just a number.
Yes, these numbers are kinda all over the place. There are hundreds of items, and the effect of attraction is pretty marginal anyway. I realize it an be improved, but the effect will be negligible, and that's a lot of work...
But In this case, since we're discussing it already, I set attraction 8.

Research cost 10? It seemed to me that this is not the easiest device to study, to be the cheapest research possible. Seems just zero got lost. )

Okay, you're totally right. I misunderstood before. :) Fixed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:16:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 27, 2019, 11:15:13 pm »
manufacture_FMP.rul:
  - name: STR_HEALING_SPRAY
    time: 600 !!!

It takes more time to make one pathetic jar of healing spray than to make a Medi-Kit! This time it seems, here is an extra zero...  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: June 29, 2019, 11:22:17 am »
manufacture_FMP.rul:
  - name: STR_HEALING_SPRAY
    time: 600 !!!

It takes more time to make one pathetic jar of healing spray than to make a Medi-Kit! This time it seems, here is an extra zero...  :)

Hmm, maybe? I will decrease it for sure.

Offline inqva

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 29, 2019, 07:29:44 pm »
Hello, I encountered weird crash which killed my game (can't get past certain point of time) - log is in attach. How can I fix it?

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: July 02, 2019, 07:05:11 pm »
It looks like there is no necessary line in the "languages" files. I think it will be in all languages.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: July 02, 2019, 09:11:43 pm »
Hello, I encountered weird crash which killed my game (can't get past certain point of time) - log is in attach. How can I fix it?

Looks like an artifact from some old version. STR_HYBRID_GROUND_CONVOY doesn't exist anywhere.
If you attach a save, I can have a look.

It looks like there is no necessary line in the "languages" files. I think it will be in all languages.

Thank you, fixed.

Offline inqva

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: July 02, 2019, 10:49:16 pm »
Here)
P.S.: is there a way to switch gauss weapon model for railgun and vice-versa? I liked it more the older way.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 03, 2019, 10:37:10 am »
Here)

Thanks, I will check later.

Here)P.S.: is there a way to switch gauss weapon model for railgun and vice-versa? I liked it more the older way.

Yes, all you need to do is to switch the numbers for bigob, floorob and handob (in items_FMP) between the corresponding weapons, for example Heavy Gauss and Heavy Railgun.

Offline nathandetr0it

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:21 am »
This is as intended (though doesn't always happen). You should look for other methods to fight Gazers, there are a few alternatives to guns.

Indeed, I managed to find a great one, namely:
Spoiler:
packing 20 High Explosives and handing them out like candy

RE: TFTD; Definitely not. It throws the entire balance out of the window.

Thanks!

Also, in my 2.2e playthrough, I just had a STR_HYBRID_CONVOY_SMALL pop up. Fun little mission, and I think the name was correct/localized in most places "Small Hybrid Convoy", but at least somewhere the 'STR' line of text appeared instead, and needs to be replaced by the localized name.  I think it was on the intercept screen, and perhaps the mission screen as well. I'll attach a .sav when I get home, or find and patch the offending line myself.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:03:55 am by nathandetr0it »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:47 pm »
Yeah, it was reported before. I will release an update soonish, but I want to port some cool stuff from the X-Com Files, and this takes time.

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: July 12, 2019, 08:21:49 pm »
Before updating I suggest to pay attention to these things:
1) Now, after the range of automatic firing of the auto-cannon has been increased, at long distances (starting from 21) the auto-shot is more accuracy than the snap-shot...
2) Toxigun (without flask) weighs only 3. Like a grenade. I think it should be more. For now, this is the perfect spare weapon.
3) CostSell of Alloy Vest is 60,000, while the costSell of personal armor is 50,000. I think it needs to be fixed. For my game, I corrected the sale price of Alloy Vest at 40,000.
4) bravery of fighting dogs is only 10. They start to panic before anyone else. This is not very similar to "highly trained dogs are fully capable in battlefield conditions". Maybe it makes sense to increase this value? In my opinion, a well-trained combat dog is not afraid of anything at all.
5) What a lousy sound of shooting a light machine gun? What is interesting, in the same folder is a file with a much better sound! Did you forget to use it? :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: July 15, 2019, 01:11:21 pm »
Thank you for the report, these indeed sound like bugs. I will address them.
Regarding dofs: their low morale is mostly to simulate being distracted (they're dogs after all) rather than afraid; this is why their sniffing action damages morale as they get restless. It's not a perfect implementation, but I don't think it can be made better.
As for the MG sound, which file do you propose?

Offline nathandetr0it

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: July 16, 2019, 02:53:57 am »
4) bravery of fighting dogs is only 10. They start to panic before anyone else. This is not very similar to "highly trained dogs are fully capable in battlefield conditions". Maybe it makes sense to increase this value? In my opinion, a well-trained combat dog is not afraid of anything at all.
The dogs panicking easily makes sense to me- they're just dogs, after all- and attack dogs in this game are, frankly, *awesome* enough as it is. $10k for a speed demon with a huge melee punch! I feel a little guilty using them; a guilt only counterbalanced by having to endure that awful sound when they die...  :'( :'(

5) What a lousy sound of shooting a light machine gun? What is interesting, in the same folder is a file with a much better sound! Did you forget to use it? :)
For the love of everything, use Daedalus' High Quality FMP Sounds! https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2502.0.html

Yeah, it was reported before. I will release an update soonish, but I want to port some cool stuff from the X-Com Files, and this takes time.
o.O what sorts of things? More goodies? I have two requests from my almost-complete first playthrough (difficulty=2):
1. A Fire Extinguisher. I have watched, helpless, as a valiant trooper burned slowly to death after suiciding himself into a Cyberdisk.
--- but then again, there should be a reason to fear fire, and the hazmat/toxisuit has to have some use.
2. An end-game upgrade for the Shotgun's "slug" fire mode ("Depleted Elerium" shells, or something)! The shotgun kicks so much ass, and I want to take them into Cydonia so bad. 
--- but then again, I'll probably take them with Alloy rounds anyway, if I have to. That 150% accuracy is just impossible to forego.

Finally, The Scatter Laser does not have the 'autorange=30' that the Minigun has. I've added it in, in my local copy, and it makes the Scatter Laser a hilarious amount of fun, just like the Minigun was early-game. Was that omission intentional?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 17, 2019, 07:00:25 pm »
Sadly, extinguishers require OXCE, so it's a no-no for a vanilla mod like FMP.
Better shotgun shells are possible, but I need to think about it and check what you can do with the vanilla engine. But there are toxiguns. ;)
I'll see about the Scatter Laser.

As for the planned content:
- New alien race, the Chaser (from Xenonauts). An early race (equivalent to Sectoids and Floaters), very fast and somewhat armoured, but squishy inside. They will be accompanied by Celatids.
- Muton terror units overhaul. Since Celatids are now with Chasers and Silacoids with Chtonites, Mutons need new terror units. They will have Obliterators (Cyberdiscs on crack - in fact they already do, but I have better sprites for them and will generally do some review of them) and female commandos with funky weapons (like thrown discs of doom).

EDIT: I have loaded the new text onto Transifex. Please kindly deal with the localizations, the sooner are done, the sooner I'll release 2.3. I think all the texts are also in X-Com Files, so if there's an X-Com Files localization in your language, Transifex will automatically suggest this to you - therefore no creative work needed.

Offline Badwolfzxc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: July 24, 2019, 03:38:47 am »
Hey everyone,

Let me start by saying I love this mod. I am having an issue with Hybrid missions. See pictures I've attached. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.