aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1608112 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2430 on: December 25, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »
If you wanted to go with the Dragonfly later and have an alternative exit, you could open a 2x1 area in toward the cockpit so some troops could jump down, but couldn't come back up without hover capabilities.  Kind of like the Menace class from X-Piratez.

OK, thanks for the idea. I'll think about it, though at this point I'm not sure that this kind of deployment fits classic X-Com... OTOH it's still way safer than the vanilla Skycoffin. :)

The mod is great, I'm having a ball going through my first playthrough.  I'm trying to come up with an answer to Muton hover tanks, I'm guessing lasers are not the right answer like for the rest of the Mutons.  But I can keep trying until I figure it out.  It's a lot of fun to rediscover XCOM, and that I need to use more than just the newest gun I unlocked is great.

Muton tanks (Obliterators) do not really have any significant weaknesses; they are not as well armoured as Sectopods though. So good luck!

Offline Colonel Rick

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 25, 2016, 11:04:14 pm »
If you wanted to spin the Dragonfly, you could say "Some of the more aggressive government special forces commands have been lauding these as a means to land and quickly get into the fight before the aliens can set up a proper response."  Or some easy write off.  I just like having more options.  But also, given how the Avenger only has the back door, I think you're right.

I did finally get through the Obliterators, it just took me switching off the TFTD damages.  I guess I absentmindedly turned it one when I was doing a set up. 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 25, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »
If you wanted to spin the Dragonfly, you could say "Some of the more aggressive government special forces commands have been lauding these as a means to land and quickly get into the fight before the aliens can set up a proper response."  Or some easy write off.  I just like having more options.  But also, given how the Avenger only has the back door, I think you're right.

Maybe I'll do it with some other craft, since I think the Dragonfly is just too small. But perhaps I can give it to the MiBs, I even made a darker version of it:

I did finally get through the Obliterators, it just took me switching off the TFTD damages.  I guess I absentmindedly turned it one when I was doing a set up.

Well, at least it led to something good! ;)

And about the new version: still waiting for translations (only got it from Kammerer, thanks). If they don't appear until tomorrow, they'll have to wait for the next release!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:23:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Colonel Rick

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 25, 2016, 11:53:18 pm »
MiB doesn't have a Very Small craft yet, do they?  It could be how they start Retaliation missions, like how aliens use Scouts.  As it stands, I don't really feel like MiB does a whole lot.  But it's nice to have some humans to shoot once in awhile.  It makes my personal armor feel like it does something.

But I look forward to Files!  I can't wait to see what you have for us there.

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 26, 2016, 01:30:01 am »
I like the Dragonfly

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 26, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »
Version 1.9.5 is online!

Get it from: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5wlcrbz2acbw0uk/Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.5.zip (as the mod portal is failing)

- Added Skyraider (is now starting craft).
- Added Dragonfly for the Men in Black.
- Added new city blocks by Civilian.
- Added new Desert blocks.
- Gauss Pistol fires faster.
- Smaller Rail clips.
- Fixed the Ufopaedia entry for Advanced Laser Weapons.
- Fixed a small error in the XBASS_09 map.
- Fixed a small error in the DAWNURBAN12 map.
- Cleared some problems with Men in Black corpses.
- Added Hungarian translation, by F.E.K.
- Two new mapblocks for Commercial terrain.
- Added new soldier nationalities and names.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 27, 2016, 06:11:59 pm »
Version 1.9.5 is online!

Oohhh. I know what I'm going to do next weekend... (still busy with some christmas-stuff I'm afraid).

Thanks for uploading through MediaFire. It's a much better alternative than the mod-portal (unfortunately).

Sincerely
Kjotleik

Offline CaptainKorsos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 27, 2016, 07:29:28 pm »
When I try to load a Battlescape Save I get CTD with the error message saying there is a segmentation error.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 27, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »
When I try to load a Battlescape Save I get CTD with the error message saying there is a segmentation error.

It's a problem with the nightly, not the mod. Try updating the game, I think it is already fixed.

Offline Bandobras

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 29, 2016, 09:04:56 am »
Hi! A great mod!

I've just got this problem (nightly from yesterday, Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.5.zip as well):

Code: [Select]
~/.local/share/openxcom/xcom1$ openxcom
(zenity:22793): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: No GSettings schemas are installed on the system
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
OpenXcom has crashed: MAPS/DESERT15.MAP not found
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.
Aborted (core dumped)

Indeed I don't have such map neither in among the mod files
nor among the oroginal xcom files. Desert maps end at DESERT11.MAP.

Attaching the whole log.

Offline Bandobras

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
A funny thing, I've copied DESERTMOUNT15.MAP to DESERT15.MAP, but it still crashes, this time complaining about missing DESERT16.MAP. Now this looks more like a nightly bug, not a mod bug, but I will keep it here, until you tell me to report it elsewhere.

Edit: now I see how it works --- when I removed DESERT12.MAP and higher from Ruleset/terrains_FMP.rul, the mission is generated fine. So probably missing files...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:53:33 am by Bandobras »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 29, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »
Uhhh, indeed, these files are missing... sorry guys, no idea how this happened!

Version 1.9.5b is uploaded. Get it from https://www.mediafire.com/file/6i904b2h1h6g59c/Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.5b.zip
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:48:54 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Bandobras

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 29, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »
I've just tested the savefile with the new archive, the desert mission works flawlessly. THank you!

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: January 06, 2017, 01:53:17 pm »
Now, I have an announcement to make: all FMP translators, assemble! There are some new strings for the next version!

Well, hungarian translation is here:

STR_SKYRAIDER: "ÉGTÁMADÓ"
STR_SKYRAIDER_UFOPEDIA: "Ez a repülő soha nem látott sebességgel szállíthat akár 10 embert is."
STR_MELEE_UFOPEDIA: "Bár a legtöbb katona csak végső esetben használ közelharci fegyvert, mégis vannak akik élvezik az erősségeit: erő és sebesség."
STR_PISTOLS_UFOPEDIA: "A Pisztolyok számos előnnyel bírnak: nem szenvednek hátrányt az egykezes használatkor, gyorsan tüzelnek, könnyűek és könnyen hordozhatóak. A fő problémájuk a korlátozott hatótávolság."
STR_SMGS_UFOPEDIA: "A Géppisztolyok egy kézből leadott, hosszú automata sorozatok leadására képesek, viszonylag könnyűek és nagy a tárkapacitásuk. Azonban meglehetősen pontatlanok és az általuk okozott sérülés általában nem túl nagy."
STR_RIFLES_UFOPEDIA: "A Puskák nagyon pontosak nagy távolságokra is. Gyakran sorozatlövésre is képesek, nagyon sokoldalúak. Egyetlen jelentős hátrányuk az, hogy mindkét kezet lefoglalják."
STR_SHOTGUNS_UFOPEDIA: "A Shotgun-ok viszonylag nagy sebzéssel bírnak. Gyorsak és nagyon pontosak, de csak rövid távolságokra. A gyakran használt páncéltörő lőszerrel remekül működik könnyen páncélozott célpontokon is."
STR_CANNONS_UFOPEDIA: "Az Ágyúk nagy, terjedelmes fegyverek, nagy sebzéssel. Megfelelő célzott lövés pontossággal és átlagos kapás lövés pontossággal rendelkeznek. Néhány ágyú sorozatlövésre és/vagy szokatlan lőszerrel való tüzelésre is képes."
STR_LAUNCHERS_UFOPEDIA: "A Rakétavető saját meghajtású rakétát indít, általában robbanótöltettel. Ugyan nehézkesen használhatóak és nehezek, de hatalmas sebzést okoznak nagy területen."
STR_MACHINE_GUNS_UFOPEDIA: "A Géppuskák erőteljes, pontos és hosszú automata sorozatokra képesek. Nagyon nehezek, csak korlátozottan használhatóak másra mint zárótűz leadására."
STR_SNIPER_RIFLES_UFOPEDIA: "A Mesterlövész puskák használójuktól magas tüzelési pontosságot igényelnek hogy igazán hatékonyak legyenek, de megfelelő kezében rendkívül pontos és erős fegyverek. Meglehetősen alacsony tűzgyorsasággal bírnak. Nagyon rövid távolságokon gyakran romlik a pontosságuk."
STR_INCENDIARIES_UFOPEDIA: "A Gyújtó fegyverek direkt sebzésükön kívül a célterületet is lángokba borítják. A tűz minden minden alkalommal sebezi az összes benne álló egységet. A tűz nem okoz halálos sebeket, de nagyon legyengítheti a célba vett egységet. Egy égő egység minden körben sebeződni fog mintha a tűzben állna, és minden körben van esélye hogy elalszanak rajta a lángok . A páncélzatok nem védenek a tűztől, de bizonyos esetekben egy megadott százalékban a károkat mérsékelhetik."
STR_MELEE: "Közelharci fegyverek"
STR_PISTOLS: "Pisztolyok"
STR_SMGS: "Géppisztolyok"
STR_RIFLES: "Puskák"
STR_SHOTGUNS: "Shotgun-ok"
STR_CANNONS: "Ágyúk"
STR_LAUNCHERS: "Rakétavetők"
STR_MACHINE_GUNS: "Géppuskák"
STR_SNIPER_RIFLES: "Mesterlövész puskák"
STR_INCENDIARIES: "Gyújtófegyverek"

;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: January 06, 2017, 05:18:21 pm »
Thanks, I'll put it to the next version.

By the way, here's some new strings that will be necessary:

STR_PLASMA_SUB: "Plasma Subrifle"
      STR_PLASMA_SUB_CLIP: "Plasma Subrifle Clip"
      STR_PLASMA_SUB_UFOPEDIA: "This light plasma weapon is very efficient against standard infantry."
      STR_PLASMA_SUB_CLIP_UFOPEDIA: "This small object is used as a power source for the Plasma Subrifle. It contains a small quantity of Elerium that can be recovered."
      STR_BREAKDOWN_STR_PLASMA_SUB_CLIP: "Elerium (from Plasma Subrifle Clip)"

Please translate people, when you find some time.