Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581437 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1560 on: June 06, 2015, 04:17:21 pm »
Yeah, nice and useful! It already helped me identify some impending changes. :D

For instance, MiB Medic (and probably some other MiBs) should give info about Hybrids.

EDIT:
Objection! Alien Gardens is not useless, it gives Toxigun ammo production.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:22:02 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 06, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »
A little thing I noticed-

It's hard to tell whether a research is for a special kind of rocket/blaster bomb or for a craft weapon. For instance, I couldn't tell whether the stormlance missile and the mindguided missile were for the blaster bomb or for craft. It would be nice if all craft weapon entries were named "___ Craft ____" to make things a little more clear.

eg.

STR_STORMLANCE_MISSILE: Stormlance Missile -->       STR_STORMLANCE_MISSILE: Stormlance Craft Missile

STR_GAUSS_CANNON: Gauss Cannon -->      STR_GAUSS_CANNON: Gauss Craft Cannon

I also noticed this string while looking through the ruleset.     

STR_TANKS_DESTROYED: "SUPPORT UNITS DESTROYED"

I have never seen this pop up. On the most recent nightly, I had a laser ground tank destroyed by a 'lid. There was no notification. I'm assuming that this is a bug.

I really love this modpack (I got raped by Raider yesterday and loved every minute of it), and I'd like these minor quality of life changes.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 06, 2015, 09:51:11 pm »

I have never seen this pop up. On the most recent nightly, I had a laser ground tank destroyed by a 'lid. There was no notification. I'm assuming that this is a bug.

I am pretty sure that this is a string attached to the wreckage, in order to recover and repair it. Though I might be wrong.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 06, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »
I am pretty sure that this is a string attached to the wreckage, in order to recover and repair it. Though I might be wrong.

No, it's just a wording change from "TANKS DESTROYED", because it now also covers dogs and drones.

Anyway, I'm getting it displayed as normal. I think it is installation problem or some particular nightly.

As for the craft cannons... Yeah, I guess.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 06, 2015, 10:20:31 pm »
 It's kinda weird that I'm not seeing the popup when nobody else is. I'll just assume it's a quirk in the nightly or in the way I installed it.

On a different note, gauss pistols are strangely weak. The description implies that they should be excellent weapons, better than gunpowder based guns. However, the magnum with AlienAlloy rounds is equal or slightly better. The Gauss Pistol does 50 AP damage where the magnum does 47 AP. However, the magnum is slightly more accurate and requires fewer TUs.

Magnum with AlienAlloy rounds
Ammo costs 320+1 alien alloy, meaning that 6 bullets costs 5300.

STR_GAUSS_PISTOL_CLIP costs 1820 dollars to manufacture, so the gauss pistol is slightly cheaper to use.

It just seems weird to me that the Gauss pistol, which unlocks around the middle of the game, is a cheaper equal to a weapon you can use in month 1 or 2. Is that intentional?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 06, 2015, 10:37:57 pm »
I think the Magnum is just too strong. :) I guess I'll need to rebalance things again, maybe using range limits... But it'd affect all one-handed weapons, so it could be a bit too much for this mod.

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 06, 2015, 10:48:16 pm »
It's kinda weird that I'm not seeing the popup when nobody else is. I'll just assume it's a quirk in the nightly or in the way I installed it.
it doesn't get displayed in a popup.  it gets displayed on the summary page after a battle completes.

That is an awesome chart.  Thanks, Meridian!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:01:23 pm by myk002 »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 07, 2015, 03:06:39 am »
I think the Magnum is just too strong. :) I guess I'll need to rebalance things again, maybe using range limits... But it'd affect all one-handed weapons, so it could be a bit too much for this mod.
Yeah and the bullets are more bigger. Dont   touch the Mágnum XD

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 07, 2015, 10:37:19 am »
Hi Solarius,

So, while doing th tech tree I found a few redundancies (in my opinion):
1. Gauss weapons shouldn't require Alien Power systems (already covered by UFO Power Source)
2. Laser weapons shouldn't require Alien Power systems (already covered by UFO Power Source)
3. UFO Navigation in Flying Suit research is covered already by Power Suit/Optronics/OpticalProcessor
4. Optical Processor and Alien electronics in Stormtrooper armour are covered already by Power Suit
5. Alien Electronics for Advanced rocket launcher are covered by optical processsor already
6. Alien grenade for Elerium rocket is covered already by advanced rocket launcher
7. Elerium-115 for Mind controlled missile is covered by launcher/grenade too
8. Alien electronics for blaster launcher are covered by optical processor already

Also some potential issues:
9. STR_WASPITE_COMMANDER has a lookup into STR_REPTOID
10. Gazer leader gives psionics, but commander not?
11. Alien electronics require STR_TROLLIUM, lol? :)
12. Alien Data Slate says it requires Alien Codes and Alien electronics, but I can research it even without it
13. Psi-amp doesn't require Psi-Lab?
14. Firestorm has more requirements than Avenger??

And some questions:
15. Why do you have to research Laser Tank, but not other tanks?
16. Why does Laser Tank require Motion scanner research?
17. Why dont Plasma defences require Plasma Cannon like all other types of defences?
18. Shouldnt Heavy transporter (ironfist) depend on Improved skyranger instead of Improved interceptor?
19. Why are plasma weapons unlocked by plasma weapon calibration instead of "plasma weapons"?
20. Why are fusion weapons unlocked by fusion weapon calibration instead of "fusion weapons"?

And finally some suggestions:
21. Medi-gas grenade is either too weak; or too far in the tech tree => I would suggest moving it to dart clip B instead of dart clip C
22. Plasma weapon calibration doesn't really need "Alien Power Systems"... you will certainly have researched it before you can get there (and it looks stupid on my chart :)
23. Alien laser rifle clip, should require also alien laser rifle in my opinion... otherwise it is quite weird to have the clip, but not the rifle

Regards,
Meridian

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 07, 2015, 12:28:24 pm »
Solarius, I am using US-English, should I use GB to avoid the missing STR`s?

Anyway I found three missing/wrong tiles in the Labship and corrected them for you (as it is one of my favourite UFOs). I will also post it in the YetMoreUfo thread.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1570 on: June 07, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »
Anyway I found three missing/wrong tiles in the Labship and corrected them for you (as it is one of my favourite UFOs). I will also post it in the YetMoreUfo thread.

Could you provide a Screenshot of the tiles in question?
Since i reworked the Labship not so long ago and if i missed something i wanna know :>

EDIT: Jeah, you used the old Labship Map, which is full of LOS, and LOF errors. Check out the new Version of the FMP, it has a overworked version of the Labship, without all the errors. You will certainly enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:29:45 pm by hellrazor »

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 07, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »
If tanks don't have a popup when they are destroyed, then I suggest that this be included. It's a little bit strange that dogs and soldiers get the popup, but tanks don't get the glory of a recognized death.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 08, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »
So, while doing th tech tree I found a few redundancies (in my opinion):
1. Gauss weapons shouldn't require Alien Power systems (already covered by UFO Power Source)
2. Laser weapons shouldn't require Alien Power systems (already covered by UFO Power Source)
3. UFO Navigation in Flying Suit research is covered already by Power Suit/Optronics/OpticalProcessor
4. Optical Processor and Alien electronics in Stormtrooper armour are covered already by Power Suit
5. Alien Electronics for Advanced rocket launcher are covered by optical processsor already
6. Alien grenade for Elerium rocket is covered already by advanced rocket launcher
7. Elerium-115 for Mind controlled missile is covered by launcher/grenade too
8. Alien electronics for blaster launcher are covered by optical processor already

Thanks, I've fixed/reworked all of them.

Also some potential issues:
9. STR_WASPITE_COMMANDER has a lookup into STR_REPTOID
10. Gazer leader gives psionics, but commander not?

Fixed.

11. Alien electronics require STR_TROLLIUM, lol? :)

Yeah, it's a dirty hack, but it's as designed. :P

12. Alien Data Slate says it requires Alien Codes and Alien electronics, but I can research it even without it

It's an engine problem. I hope some day it will work as required; for now, leave it be (apparently, aliens write them in plain English).

13. Psi-amp doesn't require Psi-Lab?

No, you don't need a Psi-Lab if you happen to have a psyker. :P In practice though, Psi-Ampo alone won't give you much. But you can try! :)

14. Firestorm has more requirements than Avenger??

Fixed.

And some questions:
15. Why do you have to research Laser Tank, but not other tanks?
16. Why does Laser Tank require Motion scanner research?

These two questions are tied. Laser Tank is supposed to have a motion scanner built in, by at the time it was not working correctly, and then I forgot about it. (Other tanks will mostly have guns as secondary weapons, but this one is different.)

17. Why dont Plasma defences require Plasma Cannon like all other types of defences?

Errare humanum est. Fixed.

18. Shouldnt Heavy transporter (ironfist) depend on Improved skyranger instead of Improved interceptor?

No, they have nothing in common. The Ironfist has much more to do with some fighter designs.

19. Why are plasma weapons unlocked by plasma weapon calibration instead of "plasma weapons"?
20. Why are fusion weapons unlocked by fusion weapon calibration instead of "fusion weapons"?

Because plasma/fusion weapon calibration doesn't give you full knowledge of the technology. It allows you to use these weapons, but you can't produce them, nor conduct any further research on the technology. Only proper plasma/fusion weapons cracks these secrets completely.

And finally some suggestions:
21. Medi-gas grenade is either too weak; or too far in the tech tree => I would suggest moving it to dart clip B instead of dart clip C

I agree. Done.

22. Plasma weapon calibration doesn't really need "Alien Power Systems"... you will certainly have researched it before you can get there (and it looks stupid on my chart :)

Well, yeah, but there's a very slim chance you'll have all the prerequisites (though interrogations) without having APS researched... Which is astronomically slim indeed, but still, why not take it into account? :P

23. Alien laser rifle clip, should require also alien laser rifle in my opinion... otherwise it is quite weird to have the clip, but not the rifle

It's consistent with how vanilla works. I can change it, but I don't feel it's appropriate.

Many thanks for all the help! Best kind of post. :)

Solarius, I am using US-English, should I use GB to avoid the missing STR`s?

Are there missing STRs in US-English? There shouldn't be - both languages are fully supported. If something's missing, then there's a bug.

If tanks don't have a popup when they are destroyed, then I suggest that this be included. It's a little bit strange that dogs and soldiers get the popup, but tanks don't get the glory of a recognized death.

I think it depends on whether the unit is 2x2, or maybe if it's mechanical, or both. Anyway, I think I can't fix it, unless somebody does it for me or at least confirms it's possible in the current version.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:57:13 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline dml31

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 08, 2015, 07:30:12 pm »
after salamander autopsy with a salamander corpse and a non-fireproofed armor (I think about Personal armor but Synthmuscles one could work also) you could produce a fireproof version of the armor (maybe red sprite version)
you get a 0% fire damage (or perhaps -100% for the Synthmuscles one).

If you have the alien reproduction tech and salamander autopsy for the price of at least a salamander corpse you can produce a salamander corpse. (maybe this can be done for mutons too for synthmuscles).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1574 on: June 08, 2015, 07:34:38 pm »
As these pertain to the Final Mod Pack, and not vanilla OpenXcom, you might want to post these suggestions in the FMP thread:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2027.0.html

Cheers!