Author Topic: AUTHORS: Please use the Mod Portal  (Read 17673 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: AUTHORS: Please use the Mod Portal
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 04:32:33 am »
This will be fixed today. It's been traced to a Firefox issue and is a bug to be fixed on the current list. My apologies for these minor bugs sir :) Still some more bugs to iron out! You have my word (the bird is the word - sorry obligatory).

Today is goddamn long. :P

Anyway, I have another bug to report. I added Dioxine's mod here https://www.openxcom.com/mod/flamethrower , entered his name under the creator field, but it shows me as the author. Can you please rectify this?

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:13 pm »
We should pinup a list of all completed mods so new X-COMers don't have to go through the trouble of hunting for mods, page by page. Would be nice to do it now. Call it: Completely Mods List, Conveniently Updated Weekly.

Offline Align

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 05:59:23 pm »

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 02:45:22 pm »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:23 pm »
Jo5hua I have problem with my mod page, when I try open it I get error.
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended >> "There was an error Cannot find this mod in the system"
But I still can see it and edit in my control panel. Could you check what go wrong?

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »
Jo5hua I have problem with my mod page, when I try open it I get error.
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended >> "There was an error Cannot find this mod in the system"
But I still can see it and edit in my control panel. Could you check what go wrong?

Yikes. Thanks for reporting this, I'm looking into this right now. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 05:08:19 pm »
Jo5hua, I've uploaded a new Final Mod Pack version and it can't be downloaded (error). I've tried many times, with various filenames. Other mods are working fine.

EDIT: It works now. Now idea why.

Offline Meridian

• Commander
  • Die hard XCOM fan
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 05:33:06 pm »
It might be caused by a special character in the download link... the broken one had a plus sign there... all other links don't.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 05:57:44 pm »
It might be caused by a special character in the download link... the broken one had a plus sign there... all other links don't.

Just to be clear, it certainly wasn't in the filename or anything.

Offline Meridian

• Commander
  • Die hard XCOM fan
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 06:04:10 pm »
No no, not the file name... I meant the download link generated by the portal.

Something like this: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack/download/VmeaPsR4

But in the broken one instead of "VmeaPsR4" there was something like this "xxx+xxx". I don't remember exactly the letters, but there was a + in the middle.

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 12:37:20 am »
Yes for some reason there is a small chance that a non standard character will break the link algorithm.. I haven't been able to work on this problem on an actual broken link to debug what's causing it since it's so rare.. But my guess is that it's most likely a character in the file name itself that is causing an error with the Download Link algorithm (it's le simple :) funny stuff will cause it to complain and not work right).

Glad you got it fixed though... I will add on the todo to add a note on the Mod Uploader to make sure there are no weird characters in the file name.

Offline Meridian

• Commander
  • Die hard XCOM fan
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:30 am »
Yes for some reason there is a small chance that a non standard character will break the link algorithm.. I haven't been able to work on this problem on an actual broken link to debug what's causing it since it's so rare.. But my guess is that it's most likely a character in the file name itself that is causing an error with the Download Link algorithm (it's le simple :) funny stuff will cause it to complain and not work right).

Glad you got it fixed though... I will add on the todo to add a note on the Mod Uploader to make sure there are no weird characters in the file name.

It's not the file name, that was OK.

It's the download link... I have prepared an example for you to debug: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/test123

The download link for the file is: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/test123/download/U9/z/+ut

I believe the "+" is causing the problem.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 12:00:02 pm »
Jo5sua, don't you think openTFTD release deserves a news article? :)

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 01:08:03 pm »
New changes on the modsite are bieng worked on.  All mods will have the choice of being labelled as either pre 1.0 (default), 1.0 latest [nightly) secondary option, and TFTF mod.... I will flag everything as pre nightly and mass email the mod authors to flag appropriately.... Let me know if it should be different, send ideas, so that its easier for game users.. Thanks!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 01:15:05 pm »
New changes on the modsite are bieng worked on.  All mods will have the choice of being labelled as either pre 1.0 (default), 1.0 latest [nightly) secondary option, and TFTF mod.... I will flag everything as pre nightly and mass email the mod authors to flag appropriately.... Let me know if it should be different, send ideas, so that its easier for game users.. Thanks!

I'm not sure it's necessary to differentiate between 1.0, nightly etc., since pretty soon there will be only one version of Openxcom. Therefore I feel such categorization would bring little gain but cause a lot of hassle for everyone (not just modders, users too). I'd rather stick to the UFO/TFTD division only.