Author Topic: Other kinds of 'xcom' in the future?  (Read 4045 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Other kinds of 'xcom' in the future?
« on: March 22, 2014, 08:11:20 am »
What if there was a 'Diablo' version of xcom?  I know some of the other ideas over the yeasr came out badly but somehow I think it can work under the right circumstances.

We see apocalypse take this into a real time strategy.  I'm a fan of mechcommander myself.  Maybe some aspects can be automated, like running for cover, maybe a game like dawn of war 2 with different soldiers and personality types?

Offline Incognito

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Other kinds of 'xcom' in the future?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »
In what way like Diablo? Real time X-Com? or a fantasy game inspired by X-Com (Build castles around the world, hire warriors to go fight off monster invasions ... raid dungeons?)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »
I was thinking of a diablo like version where you watch it from 'that' view and hide behind cover, advance against the alien.  Something like apocalypse or fallout tactics...  But with more individual personalization, like night vision goggles, body armour, different weapon modes....

Offline surt

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 11:21:26 pm »
Something like apocalypse or fallout tactics...  But with more individual personalization, like night vision goggles, body armour, different weapon modes....
Wouldn't that be UFO: Aftermath?

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 12:56:03 am »
Really need to watch a youtube on that sometime.....

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 12:27:05 am »
UFO: Aftershock (the sequel to UFO: Aftermath) is my second favourite game after X-Com. You really need to play it yourself, movies won't do it justice I guess (it doesn't look very glamorous, everything is in the mechanics).