Author Topic: Amiga font and PSX Music  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
Amiga font and PSX Music
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:25 pm »
Hey, maybe the Amiga font and the PSX Music can be if its possible part of the regular game, but not enabled by default, just an option in advanced.
maybe you can have a neww screen called "official mods" and there somes mods like 1.0, 1.2 or 1.4 sounds, Amiga Font etc.
And i think you must restore the button (default options) to have an clear option to play the "vanilla" game

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Amiga font and PSX Music
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:34:05 pm »
The core project can not include resources whose copyright they don't own.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »
Damit

Offline winterheart

• Colonel
  • Fellow Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:16:25 am »
Actually Amiga fonts may be added to core package as they fully redrawn and don't have copyright issues.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:40:05 am »
we could in theory pipeline the psx music in via the installer, that way we're not actually distributing it but simply linking to someone who IS. we've also discussed including the xcom version 1.2 and 1.4 patches in this manner to avoid all those nasty 1.0 bugs.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:01:44 pm »
much better response, my precious.
would be the type, choose this and will be installed or click here and a page will open for you download?

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:30:28 pm »
You know, I did make a mod for that replaces the PC-DOS font with the amiga font. You can find it here:  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

Theoretically one could add that to the main package since it also adds a lot of new characters that weren't originally present in the amiga font. Besides a bitmap conversion of the PC-DOS x-com font is already part of the main oxc package, so adding the amiga fonts wouldn't likely be much of a legal issue either. The problem is coding the menu support for it, which is a no-no at the moment due to feature freeze. So just enjoy my mod atm, and make a feature request in the bug tracker if you think it should be added to the core package :p.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »
i use your mod, i just wondering if some official mods like music, sounds, maps and fonts, what are part of others patches or platforms could be part of the game it self.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 01:32:13 am »
We're looking into what kind of stuff is vanilla enough and easy to "toggle" to merit being included in the main package.
Patches would probably have to go in the installation process to avoid messing up the install order. Audio and stuff are copyrighted and add significantly to the download size, so we'd rather not include them directly.