Author Topic: PLEASE HELP A VENEZUELAN FRIEND :)  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP A VENEZUELAN FRIEND :)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 10:39:18 pm »
This is so funny. You started this conversation by saying this wasn't a matter of left or right, and yet now you are clearly placing your ideological views on the right. Nationalized companies are not a bad thing. They belong not only to the state, but also to the public. This means they will never look after raw profit before the wellfare of people, which doesn't happen in a capitalistic state that privatized most of its assets to private investors who seek their own gain before the service of the people. Private industries in Venezuela were expropriated and rightfully so, because they were in the hands of an elite that controlled the country and didn't allow it to move forward. As a result, social mobility was a lot more restricted to farm workers would could barely afford 3 meals a day. You need to import most of the things you consume because your state is chronically addicted in an oil economy known as dutch syndrome (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_disease), and this isn't a situation that is easy to get out in only 15 years. It requires the construction of an entire infrastructure that will make production of other things viable. Previously the private sector in Venezuela had no interest in this, because it would take focus out of their oil profits. This is why the current government nationalized oil and other industrial assets in order to get money from it while at the same time revitalizing the other industries and making internal production affordable.
Funny fact, when government run toilet paper business, people run out of toilet paper.
Many years ago its really happens in my country and I heard that happed in Venezuela too recently (right blackwolf?).
Today when my country is run by corporation that try exploit me, I have so many types of toilet paper that I dont know with to choose.

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 11:37:02 pm »
Just look at Guatemala, Panama, Ecuador, etc. South America has been under pressure from the U.S. to conform to its agenda for ages now.

If you want to get an idea of just how severe the exploitation of other countries by the United States is, read Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 07:36:34 am »
Funny fact, when government run toilet paper business, people run out of toilet paper.
Many years ago its really happens in my country and I heard that happed in Venezuela too recently (right blackwolf?).
Today when my country is run by corporation that try exploit me, I have so many types of toilet paper that I dont know with to choose.

its shame to say...but yes..."the Private industries in Venezuela were expropriated and rightfully so, because they were in the hands of an elite that controlled the country and didn't allow it to move forward"....and now we dont have flour....sugar...and sounds silly...yes...we dont even had toilet paper...they run now the cement and blocks(for construction i mean) industries...and also we doesnt have....and two more things....to anyone who says "the cuban medicine" are the best for the world....just ask Chavez :/...sadly,and here we have a one hundred years doctor who found the a cure for the "leper"(M.D Jacinto Convit,he gave me a couple of classes...very inspiring) and right now are working in the cure for cancer (he make a viccine for cure three types of cancer...its still in test) in dont want to sound arrogant...but we have some of the better doctor (in so many areas) in the world...so why chavez needed goes to a foreing country after they put billions of dollars to upgrade all the hospitals and medical services here on venezuela (the money lost..and anything changed :/)...that its all the point here...yes...the gov tried to IMPROVE the general wealth of the people....but when the people staggers...Chavez always said "BEING RICH IS BAD",i think the right words he means was "BEING RICH ITS BAD EXCEPT IF YOU ARE PRO GOBVERMENT" there is a lot of case of corruption in the gov,thats the trouble...the say something but they act different,they talk about peace...when they shoot in the head of anyone who thinks different...and worst...again there are case of torture,brutal beating,electrical shocking,RAPING(they raped a guy in valencia with a rifle), i was caught and i was beat...kicked (but that's another story), they say "SOCIALIMS"...when they families and childs studie in the "worst and most horrible place of the earth"...yes the "evil morbid mickey mouse empire"...(three of the nephew of chavez are studying in americans colleges...just to name a few examples) they say "FOR ALL THE PEOPLE"...but only one kind of people...if somebody think different...then they are oligarc,traitor,fascist,nazis,traitors...i am not rich...i live by my own ,work hard and study harder...my sin is just want a better future :/...its funny how the gov says that EVERYTHING ITS FINE!...im not saying i want USA intervine my country...its really unfair claim to a gov who was choosen to resolve all the problems of their country and had fail...to try to do it better....they began to kill the studets...what they want they do? just sit and give them flowers?...they shoot the students but they dont do anything to catch criminals...thats why the people are upset and that was i mean in a couple of post ago