aliens

Author Topic: That psionic option to randomize time...  (Read 3121 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
That psionic option to randomize time...
« on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »
So I tried last year to turn on the randomized option.  I was, must've been August within the game and expecting a large batch of people to come out of psi training, maybe 100 new soldiers with psionic test scores.  I was quite disappointed since I only ended up with maybe 20 at the most.

I tried to reload a save with this option turned off but it seemed to have reset my clock with all the soldiers.  Does this mean that turning it on discards any accumulated time for soldiers?

Just wondering whether it was picked up since it really bothered me last time I played OpenX in Oct last year....

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: That psionic option to randomize time...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:46:28 pm »
I'm not sure it manages well the switching of this option on/off for a single game.
In case of accident, edit your save game.

The principle of "daily progress" sounded good, but having to check every day if a new soldier had a breakthrough (in order to push a new fresh studen in psi school) is not so fun.
Note that if you use this option, the "average time" of initial training is (much?) more than one full month.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:39:52 am »
Yeah, I'm disappointed in it.  Also I'm playing on superhuman so getting through a month involves a lot of missions. 

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:24:48 pm »
 resolved at some point when I tested it in Feb.  Great stuff!