Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750090 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1455 on: June 16, 2015, 02:59:42 am »
This mod gets better all the time, usually towards the end of the first year I'm in a position to do the final mission but not with this one. It's so huge I think it'll take to at least june of the second year to get most of the research done. On a funnier note how did this tank get in here?

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 16, 2015, 11:26:10 am »
This mod gets better all the time, usually towards the end of the first year I'm in a position to do the final mission but not with this one. It's so huge I think it'll take to at least june of the second year to get most of the research done. On a funnier note how did this tank get in here?
Ever quessed about ships in bottles? :D Actually, it's an old issue, I think Dioxine just have no time right now to fix ufo's and have other tasks(like port it to extended) with higher priority.

Offline Hodgey2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 22, 2015, 09:49:06 am »
Hi, I registered in order to try this mod. I currently play openxcom on a mac computer, but when trying to install the piratez mod I only have access to an exe file. Is there a way I can manually install the proper mod files without using the exe? If so, what files would I need to install? Thanks, I'm really looking forward to trying out this mod!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:56:29 am by Hodgey2 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1458 on: June 22, 2015, 10:30:43 am »
Frankly speaking, I have no idea - I've never even seen a Mac from close-up. You do need the XCom Extended exe, as well as all the files from the proper Nightly. My guess is - you'll have to compile an extended executable for Mac, Yankes keeps the source code easily accessible I think - you have to ask him personally, since Extended is his mod (and I'm only using it to be able to run Piratez). Here's his page on the modsite: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended

Or you can keep using the old Piratez version.

Offline Hodgey2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 22, 2015, 10:48:39 am »
Thanks for the info Dioxine. I guess I'll ask Yankes, but to be honest I wouldn't know how to compile an executable, the most I know how to do is follow a readme on what files to transfer. Ideally I'd like to try the most up-to-date version of your mod, but if it's not possible then I guess I might have to try the older version without the Extended exe. Well I'll ask Yankes and see what he has to say.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1460 on: June 22, 2015, 01:26:02 pm »
Hi, I registered in order to try this mod. I currently play openxcom on a mac computer, but when trying to install the piratez mod I only have access to an exe file. Is there a way I can manually install the proper mod files without using the exe? If so, what files would I need to install? Thanks, I'm really looking forward to trying out this mod!

Well there is probably only one way to get a Executable binary file for your Mac OS
You can take a look here

The modified Code for Openxcom Extended is on github here
Yankes usually is a little bit behind with pulling in new patches from OpenXcom Master branch.

For compiling openXcom under Mac see here
You probably need to a github client, to pull down the source.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - Ivan's cheat sheets
« Reply #1461 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:21 pm »
From a discussion on the PirateZ Extended thread, there was a request for any PirateZ Weapons Cheat Sheets. 

I have three that I used in the early game to try to make any sense out of the over whelming array of choices.  It takes hours of BootyPedia time, and time in the inventory screen (for weight) to try to figure out what will work.

In my experience, Strength is the most important characteristic for a Pirate gal.  Strong gals can carry powerful weapons, often impart more damage, and wear armor that will make them more survivable.  Every thing else can be improved over time.  Runt duds are the training wheels for week gals, because it allows them to carry stuff that can be lethal. 

Anyway, back to the sheets.

PirateZ Manufacturing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CkPqVsGXP72ncwIMQjk8gW2Qnc3sVNJVW0ZXhAWcKoc/edit?usp=sharing

My early Money calcs.  Handles XGrog and Rum. up to 60 runts.

PirateZ OXC weapon vs armour matrix
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e4grQfUqdXbNl4adXDFfJNmrLieIHhpwXBxA5kz-IHw/edit?usp=sharing

This is a modified spreadsheet that shows possible damage against armor value.  I modified this one from another (I think its on Ufopedia.org), and added two new tabs.  One for PirateZ weapons ( these are mostly early game) and one for Armors.  The Armors is basically to see where the vulnerabilities are.  In this old version, due to the stamina/tu/wt costs, I would never use Tac Armor or Warrior Armor.  The armor values are too low.  Most laser/gauss will one shot them anyway. 
The weapon spreadsheet I have added columns to indicate if it uses Melee Skill (Y/N) and if the damage is increased by strength (y/n).  For those weapons that use strength I added 3 rows beneath to give results for 20/30/40 strength. 
On the end of the sheet I added a set of columns for accuracy calculations for weapons that rely on skill calculations (this could be melee or firing (or throwing in Extended).  These give approximate to hit values for different accuracies (40-100 skill).   It helps to get an approximate idea of how often to expect a hit.  There is also a TU column in the back too.   
Over all its an ugly sheet, but it helped me analyze down to my gameplay cheat sheet.

GamePlay Cheat Sheet
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yR2O6VtH1quzxc24FW5SCoRvI1KDFSgw65tO9CDm0Ys/edit?usp=sharing

I used this in a OneNote NoteBook.  It breaks down the early Melee weapons.  The "Good for" column indicates who should use it. "K" is my code for melee, so "KK" indicates someone with very high melee skill. k would be average but not horrible skill. +35 Str indicates its better for gals with 35 or higher strength.  Targets is to give an idea of who it might be effective against.  Overall its under developed, and doesn't factory any ranged because I felt like they were all garbage at the beginning.

I've also included my Bonaventura layout diagrams, to help id, where snipers etc should go in the crew list.

Anyway...  I hope that some of these might be useful.  PirateZ is such an awesome mod, it could really use a ufopedia wiki section to for gameplay help like this.   Its something I have thought of doing in the past but have been too busy for.  Also, with Extended, many of these values are out of date, etc.

Cheers, Ivan :D

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:53:37 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - Ivan's cheat sheets
« Reply #1462 on: July 03, 2015, 09:53:27 pm »
PirateZ OXC weapon vs armour matrix

This is a modified spreadsheet that shows possible damage against armor value.  I modified this one from another (I think its on Ufopedia.org), and added two new tabs.  One for PirateZ weapons ( these are mostly early game) and one for Armors.  The Armors is basically to see where the vulnerabilities are.  In this old version, due to the stamina/tu/wt costs, I would never use Tac Armor or Warrior Armor.  The armor values are too low.  Most laser/gauss will one shot them anyway. 
The weapon spreadsheet I have added columns to indicate if it uses Melee Skill (Y/N) and if the damage is increased by strength (y/n).  For those weapons that use strength I added 3 rows beneath to give results for 20/30/40 strength. 
On the end of the sheet I added a set of columns for accuracy calculations for weapons that rely on skill calculations (this could be melee or firing (or throwing in Extended).  These give approximate to hit values for different accuracies (40-100 skill).   It helps to get an approximate idea of how often to expect a hit.  There is also a TU column in the back too.   
Over all its an ugly sheet, but it helped me analyze down to my gameplay cheat sheet.

Looks like the link for the weapon/armor spreadsheet is missing?

Gonna secretly attach a spreadsheet I modified. Far from complete but Ivan inspired me!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:58:00 pm by DracoGriffin »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1463 on: July 03, 2015, 10:54:00 pm »
Derp.  Sorry about that! Thanks for the catch!  I have updated it. :)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 05, 2015, 02:23:00 am »
I must congratulate Dioxine on a superb job with piratez, still playing with v0.9j and it's getting very challenging now in my current game. I'm in December of the 1st year and managed to do a Star gods crashed heavy gunship. The cyclops guards are very challenginging as they take a heck of a beating before they drop. Not looking forward to when Sectopods make an appearance though. I will have to try the extended version on my next run through but that's not going to be any time soon as I can see me getting to the end of the second year at least before the finish. I've already been playing my current game from the 1st of June though the pc was down for over a week. I think that what is making this playthrough different to others is normally by December I would be near enough mind controlling everything in sight. I haven't even got the research topic for psionics yet though it didn't help that in error I killed all the Ethereals on the last mission. I suppose that's what you get for throwing high explosives into unexplored parts of the battlescape. I must also add that even though the range has dropped a bit Avalanche missiles are completely nasty, have ended up blowing more than one ufo to bits with 2 launchers on a craft.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 08, 2015, 06:22:02 am »
I just had a crash on a mutant pogrom at the end of my first turn. On checking with debug my guess and with a lot of testing/editing of the save file is there's some problem with enemy soldiers (03,12,13,14,17 and 29) as that is when the screen freezes and I have to shut openxcom down. Attached is saves (before and after editing), config file and openxcom log. Thanks in advance for any help in this massive and wholly enjoyable full conversion. In test one A save I've changed the status of the 6 culprits to 7 and given them 200 stun. Could it possibly be where these soldiers spawn?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1466 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:43 am »
Possible map issue. I'm not fixing it since basic Piratez mod is discontinued - all developement goes to the Extended version.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
AN UNUSUAL BUG?
« Reply #1467 on: July 11, 2015, 12:05:09 am »
I'm still playing my current game of Piratez v 0.9j and a strange thing just occured, when I finish manufacturing a hover crocodile tank at base 3 and try to ship it to base 1 the tank is nowhere to be found but my money goes up to over $2 billion. Can work around this but I think someone else recently had something similar ie a minus transfer figure showing in the transfer screen. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks in advance.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: AN UNUSUAL BUG?
« Reply #1468 on: July 11, 2015, 12:55:16 am »
Did you define a size for your tank? A transfer time? A transfer cost?

I'd look at those 3 first, if all is well defined, then we can look further into this.

The tank disappearing hints at a missing size or transfer time. The money going stupid hints at a missing transfer cost.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AN UNUSUAL BUG?
« Reply #1469 on: July 11, 2015, 02:25:51 am »
I'm no expert but I used the Piratez.rul and Xcom1.rul files as a guide when I made the crocodile tank and there is a size and transfer time but on looking at those two mentioned files I can't see where there is a transfer cost. Attached is the full crocodile mod, using Soldier Diaries Legacy 2015 04 30 0620+win32 in my current game.